Enforcers Incorporated

Killer Shrike

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Uh...sorry about that...I shamefully took a little liberty there, but "The King of Kung Fu" just resonates on so many levels I couldnt resist a little editorial modification. It harkens of course to The King of Rock N Roll, and also sounds like something from a Golden Harvest Films production

No problem. :) Makes him sound a tiny bit more credible. Also, King of Kung Fu definitely sounds more like a Stephen Chow Kung-Fu Comedy film.

As a side note though IIRC to make an EGO based Entangle in 5th you have to add BOECV also. Could be wrong however.

Argh, you appear to be correct. Don't tell my players. ;)

I'll fix it and revise the sheet. Maybe an offensive damage shield or some such. I hate to lose the multiple power attack.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by OddHat

Argh, you appear to be correct. Don't tell my players. ;)

I'll fix it and revise the sheet. Maybe an offensive damage shield or some such. I hate to lose the multiple power attack.

They are villain NPCs; points are not an issue :)

Its in an EC, so there are no AP limits to worry about on the high end. Just tack the extra points on, its all cool. :D

Plus I dont think you need to apply the "Takes no damage" if you make it BOECV now, so there might be a small savings there.

They are villain NPCs; points are not an issue :)

Its in an EC, so there are no AP limits to worry about on the high end. Just tack the extra points on, its all cool. :D

Plus I dont think you need to apply the "Takes no damage" if you make it BOECV now, so there might be a small savings there.

Done, nice and legal and for 350 points. Never let the players say you spent them to death. ;)

His chill touch now requires a successful touch in hth, followed by an ECV attack roll (the attack is made at an ECV of 12). For a much more powerful version of the character, make the entangle into an offensive damage shield, affects mental and physical attackers. Also, he could use his ressurection back; hopefully he won't miss it.

100 Con for The Machine?!?

Um... 'Scuse me KS but... WTH? With 100 con and those powers, not to mention the 800 point price tag, the Machine is hardly a Thug-for-Hire. Heck, clean him up just a bit and he's a fraggin Supervillain. At the very least he's Chief Lieutenant material. Which brings me to... 100 Con? I mean sure he'll never get stunned, not in a million years, but still isn't that a bit... Over-the-top?

Just curious mind you...

Re: 100 Con for The Machine?!?

Originally posted by Denid

Um... 'Scuse me KS but... WTH? With 100 con and those powers, not to mention the 800 point price tag, the Machine is hardly a Thug-for-Hire. Heck, clean him up just a bit and he's a fraggin Supervillain. At the very least he's Chief Lieutenant material. Which brings me to... 100 Con? I mean sure he'll never get stunned, not in a million years, but still isn't that a bit... Over-the-top?

Just curious mind you...

Here is this "over the top" business again. We're talking about superheroes man! There isn't much in the superhero universe that could be "over the top." :)

Re: 100 Con for The Machine?!?

Originally posted by Denid

Just curious mind you...

Which is why he's "da Boss", not a Thug-for-hire. He IS a background villain. The Machine, Unger, Bronto, and Jackhammer are the core part of the company; they run the business in one regards or t'other. The OTHER characters are the "Thugs-for-hire". They exist to provide structure to the set up. If a PC group encounters some of the Enforcers on contracts and decides to track them down to the source, they'll find that the 4 I just listed are quite formidible and should provide a stiff and perhaps insurmountable challenge to the group, preventing Enforcers Inc from being shut down. Its intended as a GM-assisting group after all; it should be able to survive an encounter or two so that it may be used again another day.

As far as a 100 Con, why not? Its just a stat. It gives him an interesting capability that is not overpowering. He is effectively immune to being CON-Stunned, and he gets enough figured stats to absorb a lot of damage. Not anything to get overly excited about IMO.

If you dont like the character then dont use the character.

This thread is intended as a resource; an opportunity for the community to share a pretty basic commodity -- powered villain 'extras', that can be used to fill in challenges for supers encounters in just about any GM's game.

Since everyones games run the gamut in point ranges, so do the villains presented herein. Some are in the higher point ranges and are intended either as solos for lower point games or wider use in higher point games, and similarly some are in the lower point ranges, intended for lower point games or as part of a group of not-quite-mooks for higher powered games. Use your discretion for what is appropriate to your game.

If you feel lower point ranges arent being represented as well, then please feel free to submit lower point characters. This is an open forum for such after all. Thanx!

Re: Re: 100 Con for The Machine?!?

If you feel lower point ranges arent being represented as well, then please feel free to submit lower point characters.

Now you're making me wonder if I should upgrade one of my 100 point supers to the point where he could hold out against a Standard Hero...:)

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Tor "Slinger" Johanssen

Alternate Identities:

Player Name:

attachment.php?s=&postid=101723
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
10 STR 10 0 10/60 11- / 21- HTH Damage 2d6/12d6 END [1]
13 DEX 10 9 13 12- OCV 4 DCV 4
20 CON 10 20 20 13-
20 BODY 10 20 20 13-
13 INT 10 3 13 12- PER Roll 12-
10 EGO 10 0 10 11- ECV: 3
10 PRE 10 0 10/30 11- / 15- PRE Attack: 2d6 / 6d6
8 COM 10 -1 8 11-

20 PD 2 1 20   20 PD (20 rPD)
10 ED 4 -1 10   10 ED (10 rED)
3 SPD 2.3 7 3   Phases: 4, 8, 12
6 REC 6 0 6  
40 END 40 0 40  
35 STUN 35 0 35    
20" Running 6 -2 20"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
20"/10"" Leaping 2 -2 20"/30" 54 Total Characteristics Points
attachment.php?s=&postid=112915
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 150
Spent: 150
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 200
Disad Points: 150
Total Points: 500
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 20" [40" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (2") 20"/30"
V. Leap (1") 10"/15"
Gliding 0"/20" [0"/40" NC]
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Blonde
Eye Color:  Blue
Height:  7' 8"
Weight:  220 lbs
Description:
Freakishly misproportioned mutant, with permanently extra-long arms, strange gait, and oversized hands. Can also deform body at will, shifting mass around his body effortlessly. As Slinger he wears a blue costume with dark blue trim he got while in M-Force. He has several suits of it and continues to wear it because it is made from a special material that stretches with him. The costume has a red head piece because he was in Red Rover's combat team and Red Rover insisted on silly crap like that (for "recognition factor in the heat of battle -- wouldnt want to shoot a teammate!")

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS
Cost  Maneuver
Sling Fu
1) Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +v/5, Target Falls
2) Passing Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +v/5; Target Falls; FMove
3) Sacrifice Throw: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR Strike; You Fall, Target Falls
4) Disarming Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, +5 STR to take weapon away; Target Falls
5) Defensive Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Block, Target Falls
19 Total Martial Arts Cost

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 20 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 20  
Energy Defense 10 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 10  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 4 DCV: 4

Combat Skill Levels: +6 with Sling Fu
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
Martial Throw 1/2 +0 +1 STR +v/5, Target Falls
Passing Throw 1/2 +0 +0 STR +v/5; Target Falls; FMove
Sacrifice Throw 1/2 +2 +1 STR Strike; You Fall, Target Falls
Disarming Throw 1/2 +0 +0 Grab Weapon, +5 STR to take weapon away; Target Falls
Defensive Throw 1/2 +1 +1 Block, Target Falls
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
20 Malleable Body: Elemental Control, 40-point powers
1) Malleable Body: Stretching 6", Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points); No Velocity Damage (-1/4)
2) Recoil: Energy Blast 4d6 (vs. PD), Damage Shield (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Double Knockback 2x KB (+3/4), Continuous (+1) (75 Active Points); Only vs Impact attacks (Punches, Move Thrus, etc) (-1/2)
3) Big Fist: Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Accurate (+0) (120 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
4) Slingshot: +50 STR, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Only to Throw Things (-2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)
5) Shape Alteration: Shapeshift (Sight Group; Additional Sense Group: Touch Group, Instant Change), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Only to Deform body (-1/4)
6) Safety Pillow: Breakfall, Usable Simultaneously (x4 Number of Targets +1) (54 Active Points); Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) 24-
7) Parachute Form: Gliding 20", Usable Simultaneously (x4 Number of Targets +1) (40 Active Points); Lockout (-1/2), Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4)
8) Super-Springiness: Leaping +20" (22"/32" forward, 11"/16" upward), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (x1 Number of Targets +1/2) (40 Active Points)
9) Stretch-Sprinting: +15" Running (20" total), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points)
10) I'll Be Better In A Minute: Healing (Regeneration) 2 BODY (Can Heal Limbs), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (50 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Minute (-1 1/2), Self Only (-1/2)
104 Rubbery Body: (Total: 126 Active Cost, 104 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Physical Damage Reduction, 25% (10 Active Points); BODY Only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) plus +17 PD, Hardened (+1/4) (22 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) (Real Cost: 22) plus +7 ED, Hardened (+1/4) (10 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) (Real Cost: 10) plus Knockback Resistance -10" (20 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4) (Real Cost: 16) plus Damage Resistance (20 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (19 Active Points) (Real Cost: 19)
10 Unimpressed: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Defensive only (-1)
383 Total Powers Cost
PERKS
Cost  Name
2 Comptetant Bodyguard: Reputation (A medium-sized group; 11-) +2/+2d6
3 Well Paid, Well Invested: Money: Well Off
2 Fringe Benefit: Licensed Bodygaurd, Passport
10 Good Lawyer (David Baer): Contact (Contact has: useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 17-
17 Total Perks Cost
TALENTS
Cost  Name
3 Big Fist: Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with Single Action
3 Total Talents Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
18 +6 with Sling Fu
3 PS: Enforcer/Bodyguard (INT-based) 12-
3 Streetwise 11- (15-)
24 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Ice\Cold Attacks (Uncommon)
10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
20 Distinctive Features: Deformed, rubbery body (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; Limited Geographical Area; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Hunted: M-FORCE 8- (Mo Pow; Mildly Punish; Limited Geographical Area; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Physical Limitation: Abnormal body proportions; very tall, abnormally long arms and large hands. (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)
15 Dependent NPC: Wife (Diane), triplet sons (Alger, Andre, Aeric) 8- (Low powered mutants; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)
15 Enraged: Family threatened (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-
15 Hatred: Professional (IHA; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill ; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
150 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 7' 8" Hair: Blonde
Weight: 220 lbs Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Freakishly misproportioned mutant, with permanently extra-long arms, strange gait, and oversized hands. Can also deform body at will, shifting mass around his body effortlessly. As Slinger he wears a blue costume with dark blue trim he got while in M-Force. He has several suits of it and continues to wear it because it is made from a special material that stretches with him. The costume has a red head piece because he was in Red Rover's combat team and Red Rover insisted on silly crap like that (for "recognition factor in the heat of battle -- wouldnt want to shoot a teammate!")
Personality: Tor is generally dour and serious. He is close-lipped, and will act rather than speak.

He is very family oriented and will defend his wife and children with his own life if necessary, and would revenge any wrongdoing upon them with extreme prejuidice.

His current goal is simply to provide a better life for his family.

Quote:"Ya dere, eh; You'll be steppin away from my client, dontchaknow...." {cheesehead accent}
Background: Tor is from Wisconsin originally, born to an unwed teenage mother, and had a relatively normal childhood on a small dairy farm owned by his maternal grandfather. It was just the three of them and they got by as best they could. Unfortunately for Tor and his small family, Tor's mutant genes kicked in at puberty causing him to slowly grow into a strangely mutated state, with rubbery skin and an altered skeletal structure more reminiscent of an octopus or squid during his 13th summer.

Tor's family tried to cope with this unforeseen occurance as best they could, but after he was seen by some of his school friends who came by to see if he could play, the neighbors werent as willing to make allowances. One evening the family farm was visited by a group of about 20 farmers with pitchforks, shotguns, and masks. However, there was no hiding the fact that the group was comprised of the menfolk from most of the nearby farms and some folk from in town. They called for Tor's family to give over "the demon-child", and when Tor's grandfather refused they shot him, boarded the farm up with Tor and his mother inside, and lit the place on fire.

Tor's mother quickly choked to death in the smoke, which enraged the nearly aphyxiated Tor. In a furious fugue he slingshotted himself through a window to the inviting darkness outside, and was promptly set open by the masked townsmen. Lashing out in a fury with suddenly oversized hands, Tor simply battered people out of his way with massively punishing slaps, and occasionally picking hapless members of the mob off the ground and slinging them through the air like a trebuchet. Meanwhile the attackers blows bounced off his malleable body to little or no effect, and some that tried to strike him were thrown back away from him by the recoil. The mob soon broke, decimated by the unexpected assualt and seemingly unable to affect the "demon child" with thier own attacks.

Tor chased some of them off but his anger broke, and he was left there alone, his home and family burning behind him. He was arrested later that night when the cops showed up, accused of murdering his family and burning the building and held at the county jail for 2 weeks while "his case was considered". He would have gone up infront of a kangaroo court and been lucky to get off with a life sentence, but the mutant group M-Force heard about the case and stepped in. They hired one of the best law firms in the state, McCallister, McCallister, and Baer to represent him. One of the senior partners, David Baer himself, stepped in and took the case personally. His team of investigators were able to dig up enough evidence and clear Tor of all charges after a harrowing 8 week trial. During the trial Tor and David got along very well, and struck up a fast friendship. David did not seem to be bothered by Tor's appearance, and seemed genuinely angry at what the mutant-hating farmers had done to Tor's family.

After the trial, M-Force took Tor in and trained him in the use of his powers. When he was 18 he essentially "graduated" into M-Force, and fought against the IHA and other threats to mutant kind all around the world. He also met his wife Diane, saving her among others in an IHA internment camp hidden away in the rain forests of Brazil. Diane is a low powered mutant with reptillian skin and some snake-like features such as a forked tongue. The two fell in love, eventually got married, and Diane soon gave birth to triplet sons who have inherited some attributes of both parents.

Married and a father 3 times over, Tor felt dissatisfied with the living conditions available to him through M-Force and asked for special dispensation for his family, or else to retire. His unit leader in M-Force at the time, the militant Red Rover, did not react well to this and instead tried to guilt him into "sucking it up" in the interests of "the Cause", and played the guilt card on him when all else failed. M-Force had saved him after all; without them he'd be in prison or worse.

Feeling trapped, Tor orchestrated an escape plan, and split out on the unit during a mission to meet Diane and the kids, who had left the base camp while Red Rover was on the mission with Tor. Catching a plane out of Rio, Tor flew back to Wisconsin and reanewed his acquaintence with David Baer. David helped get Tor set up with a place to live, and got him his first job as a body guard for a wealthy client. After a few more jobs like that, Tor had saved up enough extra money to certify as a Bonded Security Agent, and his asking price went up. Some of the jobs he has worked have been a tad shady, acting as body guard and general "useful guy to have around". So far he's never done anything outright illegal per se, but he has "bent a few fingers the wrong way" so to speak, collecting and reminding debtors to pay up -- things like that.

His abandonment of M-Force did not sit well with Red Rover however, and he subsequently turned a few other team leaders against Tor with his spin of events, leaving him on shaky terms with the organization, depending on the individual. He still hates the IHA and would do anything reasonable to cause them harm, but now provides a better life for his family by turning jobs in the commercial and occasionally the criminal sector.

He recently was contacted by Enforcers Inc in relation to a contract they got in for a powered body guard for some "business man" in L.A. Time will tell if he'll take on any other contracts for the company. He is not interested in overt criminal activity -- he sticks to body guard jobs, but will body guard just about anybody.

Powers/Tactics: Tor is able to extend his limbs up to 50 feet, and also to deform his body, shifting mass around his form at will. He is able to whip his extremities around with tremendous force, and slingshot things through the air with massive velocity. He walks and bounds rapidly with a strange rubber-legged gait, with exaggerated strides. He can propel himself over 200 feet through the air, and is able to launch 1 other willing subject either while moving himself or not like a slingshot. He is able to flatten his body out to glide as well, and can act as a parachute for a number of people, or to catch falling objects.

Tor's malleable body is extremely resistant to damage, particularly physical force. His altered cells replenish themselves rapidly as well.

Tor has been taught by M-Force trainers, and has developed an interesting style of fighting taking advantage of his ability to toss objects with tremendous power, based completely on throws, and Tor is quite good at it. It is an unusual and one dimensional style ill-suited to those lacking some means of imparting great force to thrown objects, but in Tor's hands it can be devastating.

Tor's principle downside is his slowness. His reactions are entirely normal for a trained human of his age and experience. While he is extremely durable and malleable, he is otherwise physically normal and has difficulty keeping up with faster opponents. He uses his reach and bounding movement to compensate for this, and is careful to make his actions count. He'll often swat several nearby opponents at once for instance, or loop several opponents and hurl them all together (Sweep).

Campaign Use: Stretchy NPC Bodyguard. Interesting not-really-a-villain background. Hooked into IHA vs the Mutants sub-storyline.
Character created with Hero Designer (version 1.47)

Re: Re: Re: 100 Con for The Machine?!?

Originally posted by OddHat

Now you're making me wonder if I should upgrade one of my 100 point supers to the point where he could hold out against a Standard Hero...:)

I triple dog dare you to do it. And we all know you cant turn down a triple dog dare.

Do you have Hero Designer?

I do, but I'm not fully updated: this probably explains my difficulties, yes?

Also, did you do the pictures yourself, or is that easily acquired software? I seem to remember something that gave a similar look, but don't remember where.

Originally posted by GamePhil

I do, but I'm not fully updated: this probably explains my difficulties, yes?

Also, did you do the pictures yourself, or is that easily acquired software? I seem to remember something that gave a similar look, but don't remember where.

Well, get the latest update for sure.

However, if you mean the actual formatting of the characters, use a filter I made for HD. Its available here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6083

As for the pictures, I do them all in Photoshop. Some I draw from scratch, like Slinger above, others I use photos and manipulate them, like Nightwalker, and still others I either use templates in the DC Universe style from the Timm cartoons, or take some of the actual character cells and manipulate those.

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Jimmy "Breakneck" Rusedski

Alternate Identities:

Player Name:

10 STR 10 0 10 11- HTH Damage 2d6 END [1]
20 DEX 10 30 20 13- OCV 7 DCV 7
20 CON 10 20 20 13-
15 BODY 10 10 15 12-
10 INT 10 0 10 11- PER Roll 11-
10 PRE 10 0 10 11- PRE Attack: 2d6
10 COM 10 0 10 11-

5 PD 2 3 5/30   5/30 PD (5 rPD)
5 ED 4 1 5   5 ED (5 rED)
4 SPD 3.0 10 4/6   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12/2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
8 REC 6 4 8  
40 END 40 0 40  
40 STUN 30 10 40    
5" Running 6 -2 5"/30"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
2"/1"" Leaping 2 0 2" 86 Total Characteristics Points
attachment.php?s=&postid=113006
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Base Points: 200
Disad Points: 150
Total Points: 350
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 5"/30" [40"/240" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (2") 2"
V. Leap (1") 1"
Flight 0"/19" [0"/152" NC]
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Brown
Eye Color:  Brown
Height:  5' 6"
Weight:  145 lbs
Description:
As Jimmy Rusedski, a weedy little fellow with poorly cut brown hair, usually moussed or gelled poorly to boot, prone to flannels and unwashed looking jeans and t-shirts. As Breakneck, wears a snazzy professionally made outfit comprised of black trunks, gloves, mask, and mantle, a caution-tape-yellow tunic, a stripe that looks like "caution-tape" down the side of each leg, a belt of pouches for holding loot, and a belt harness with clips on it for holding sturdier loot. Many supers do not expect the kind of whallop that Breakneck can deliver due to his small size. At 5'6" and not quite 150 lbs, he doesnt look capable of delivering the kind of damage he excels at....

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 5/30 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 5  
Energy Defense 5 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 5  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 7 DCV: 7

Combat Skill Levels: +10 with Grab-by, Move-by, Move-Through , +6 with Grab-bys , +10 with DCV (50 Active Points)
COMBAT MANEUVERS
COMBAT MODIFIERS
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
90 Breakneck Pace: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots: Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (90 Active Points)
6u
1) Super-Running: +25" Running (5"/30" total), Improved Noncombat Movement (x8) (60 Active Points)
Notes: 70 MPH/560 MPH
6u
2) Overdrive Running: 23" Running, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (59 Active Points)
5u
3) Gravity-Defying Running: Flight 19", Improved Noncombat Movement (x8), Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4)
Notes: 45 MPH/360 MPH
50 Neckbreaking Stunts!: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots: Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (62 Active Points); Requires A Speed Trix Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4)
3u
1) Neckbreaker: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 31 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6 (20 Active Points); Only With Move-Throughs/Move-Bys (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 8) plus +10 with Grab-by, Move-by, Move-Through (Real Cost: 30)
2u
2) Autofire Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), All Attacks Must Be Directed At Same Target (-1/4)
4u
3) Dizzying Spin: Drain DEX 5d6 (50 Active Points)
2u
4) Earsnap: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), No Normal Defense LS: Safe Enviroment: High Pressure (+1) (50 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Does Not Work In A Vacuum (-1/4)
2u
5) Gimme gimme: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) +6 with Grab-bys (Real Cost: 12) plus +38 STR (38 Active Points); Only For Grab-Bys (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Non-Persistent (-1/4) (Real Cost: 14)
4u
6) Cant be hit: +10 with DCV (50 Active Points)
12 Ram Tough: +25 PD (25 Active Points); Only Protects Against Damage From Move-Through/Move-Bys (-1)
20 Really Impact Resistant: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)
16 Speed To Spare: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Costs Endurance Only Costs END to Activate (-1/4) 2
6 High Speed. High Friction: Life Support , Extended Breathing (Excellent Cardiovascular System), Safe in High Pressure, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat
5 Thick Skin: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED)
7 Fast Healing: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)
Notes: Regeneration Option
240 Total Powers Cost
PERKS
Cost  Name
1 Up and coming Supervillain for hire: Reputation (A small to medium sized group; 14-) +1/+1d6
3 Fences and Pawners: Contact, Organization Contact (+2) (3 Active Points) 8-
4 Total Perks Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
13 Speed Trix: Power (DEX-based) 18-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Security Systems 11-
1 Streetwise 8-
20 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
30 Cant....stop.....running..........: When taking a full move 2 Phases consecutively (Common), go 14-, recover 8-
Notes: Whenever Breakneck takes 2 full moves in succeeding Phases, there is a chance he wont be able to stop running and must continue to take Full Moves in his current form of Movement until he can recover.
20 Psychological Limitation: Shortsighted -- never thinks beyond immediate needs (Common; Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Smack Talker -- has to talk smack to opponents (and even teammates at time) (Very Common; Strong)
10 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Occasionally; Major)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Sonics (Uncommon)
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Sonics (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Toxins & Poisons (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Toxins & Poisons (Uncommon)
15 Unluck: 3d6
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
150 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 5' 6" Hair: Brown
Weight: 145 lbs Eyes: Brown
Appearance: As Jimmy Rusedski, a weedy little fellow with poorly cut brown hair, usually moussed or gelled poorly to boot, prone to flannels and unwashed looking jeans and t-shirts. As Breakneck, wears a snazzy professionally made outfit comprised of black trunks, gloves, mask, and mantle, a caution-tape-yellow tunic, a stripe that looks like "caution-tape" down the side of each leg, a belt of pouches for holding loot, and a belt harness with clips on it for holding sturdier loot. Many supers do not expect the kind of whallop that Breakneck can deliver due to his small size. At 5'6" and not quite 150 lbs, he doesnt look capable of delivering the kind of damage he excels at....
Personality: Jimmy is a scummy criminal, through and through. Dim, shortsighted, and unable to grasp the big picture. He's all about "whats in it for me". He's one of those not-so-bright guys that thinks he's really smart, despite all evidence to the contrary.

His motivation is simple: Greed and a belief that a fast buck today is better than 2 bucks tomorrow.

Quote:"Whose yer daddy!";"Shut out and denied! It must suck to be you, cape!"; any retarted smack talk at all will do.
Background: Born in Philly, Jimmy is a real class act through and through. Wormy, dishonest, selfish, backstabbing, and more, he just slimed his way through the first 24 years of his life. A highschool dropout, Jimmy was involved in petty crime from an early age, with an emphasis on petty. He's specialties were breaking into neighboors houses when they were away on vacation, getting 5-finger discounts from Quiki-Marts, and for a while selling stolen hubcaps and hood ornaments. Jimmy masterminded his crimnal career from the apartment over his mothers garage, where he also had a telescope set up behind a drape that had a nice view of Jessica Fallbright's bedroom window across the street. Jessica was a real hottie, but not too bright -- she'd often forget to pull the blinds while she was changing and Jimmy wasn't too proud to take a good look when she did. Jessica's father, Dr. Michael Fallbright, was some kind of crackpot scientist that had once worked at a local lab but had "quit to work on his own theories" several months before. He was always tinkering in a lab down in his basement. Probably making Meth or something was Jimmy's opinion -- how else did he pay the bills without a job? Jimmy also figured he probably had all kinds of good stuff down there which he could boost and sell for some pocket cash, but the nerd never left the house practically.

Then, one night there was some kind of commotion over at the Fallbrights. Jimmy was enjoying the view of Jessica in her skivvies changing to go out for the night, when her father burst into the room in a tizzy, waving some papers in the air. Oblivious to his daughters state of undress he waved the papers in her face, danced a little jig and then left the room again. Jessica got dressed real quick and then the two of them actually left the house together, maybe to go out to eat or something. They both looked happy through the telescope.

Sensing his big chance to at least scope the place out, Jimmy hurried out and made his way around to thier house circuitously, going down one side of the block and then cutting across backyards and vacant lots to go back down the other side. Finding a basement window cracked, Jimmy was able to work the catch loose and slip his small frame in. However, as he was wiggling his way into the basement he slipped and fell about 4 feet to the floor and fell back into a table laden with chemicals and all kinds of glass loops and devices, and then to the floor. Landing badly flat on his back, Jimmy had the wind knocked out of him and his mouth fell agape, just in time to let the strange red goopy liquid that was dripping from an overturned beaker laying on its side up on the table over his head flow directly in. Jimmy reflexive swallowed, and then sat up spluttering. He felt immediately dizzy, and nauseous. Lurching upright, he had enough presense of mind to use his shirt tail to set the now empty beaker upright again and then climb back out of the window, rubbing it down for prints. Out in the open air again, Jimmy's head began to spin, and it was all he could do to make his way home stealthily.

Back in his room, he passed out and stayed out for 4 days. His mother just figured he was out with friends, and since she worked 2 jobs to make ends meet she was rarely home anyway, and his friends figured he was laying low for one reason or another a not uncommon occurance. In fact he was undergoing intense physiological transformations, his body and mind altering. He came awake to the sound of a moving van loading up and pulling off. Looking out his window he made out that the Fallbrights had moved out. He didnt know what to make of that, so instead he rolled out of bed and dragged himself to the bathroom to dispose of 4 days of bladder pressure. After that he took a shower, and dragged himself down to the kitchen and proceeded to eat 2 bags of cereal, all the leftovers, some stale bread, and a jar full of peanut butter. That seemed to do the trick and he went back up to his room and slept for another 3 days. He continued this cycle for 3 weeks before he was fully recovered and then got back to life as usual.

A couple of months later, a 5-finger run went badly when a cop happened into the Quiki-Mart and caught him red handed. The cop didnt pull a gun or anything, but still, there was no way Jimmy was going to get busted for boosting a couple of candy bars and some beer. Eyeing the door, the cop, and the space between them, Jimmy decided to make a run for it. As soon as he thought it, he was gone; through the door and well on his way down the street. He'd never run so fast before, or even known a person could run like this. In fact, he couldnt seem to STOP running! He was 7 neighborhoods over before he could finally get his legs to stop moving.

With some experimentation, Jimmy discovered that he could do a wide variety of VERY COOL THINGS, and at high speeds too. He could run way faster than cars. Faster than really fast motorcycles even. They werent even close. And he could hit things REALLY HARD while running fast. It kind of hurt sometimes, but whatever he hit just got destroyed most times. He could run along side a road with his arm out and destroy every mailbox and streetsign along the way. It eventually occured to him that the powers may have come from the crap he accidentally drank at the Fallbrights, so he ran back there and cased the joint on the sly, but it was cleared out.

It didnt take Jimmy long to put his new powers to good use despite not knowing why he had them. To his mind the most obvious use of his powers was to run by at high speed and do snatch-and-grabs. He could loot stores in the blink of an eye, grab purses, and so on. He simply put on a ski mask he had laying around the house, and put on some black nike trainers and a plain black shirt, and thus disguised started a spree of thefts across Philidelphia. He was wildly successful at first, wracking up enough loot in 1 day to put a big fat roll of cash in his pockets.

After the 3rd time however, he attracted the attention of a local hero named The Libertine, a high-swinging sentinel of justice and personal freedoms, armed with his trusty Shield of the Downtrodden and a deep belief in the principles of the Constitution. The Libertine had made life uncomfortable for a number of organized criminals of late, as well as curtailing petty crime. When he tried to stop Jimmy he swooped in and landed in front of the high-tailing speedster, who was booking for home with fresh loot in his hand. The Libertine was confident that the anti-recoil technology built into the shield would rebuff the charging thief. That proved to be a tactical error as Jimmy proceeded to plow directly into him, sending The Libertine flying through the air in front of him, and into a telephone pole with bone jarring force. Running by the sprawled out hero in his fancy costume, Jimmy impulsively took a swing at his lantern jaw and was rewarding with a wet cruching sound as the belabored hero's neck broke.

This kind of shocked Jimmy; he had really expected the guy to shrug it off. Superheroes were supposed to be tough afterall. The TV always talked about how great they were. Still, what was done was done, and Jimmy wasnt going to stand around to apologize to the cops! He lit out and made his way circuitously back home. The Libertine was rushed to a hospital but didnt survive the night, with badly crushed vertebrae and major damage to the spinal cord.

Jimmy laid low for almost a month after that one, until they stopped talking about it on the news. Then he was back out again for another spree through the city. This time he was met towards the end of it by a van full of familiy fellas as he turned a corner off a block he had just ransacked. They were looking for him and were able to get a net on him before he could run away. Jimmy was intensely scared, but they said they just wanted to talk to him. The bosses were impressed with him taking out The Libertine like that, and they wanted to offer him a deal; come work for them and give up petty larceny. They had bigger jobs for somebody like him......

And so his professional career was begun. The mobsters started calling him "Breakneck" as a joke, and a little later with some of the proceeds from his many lucrative thefts he bought some costumes. The terms of his agreement with the mafia is non-exclusive, so he has started taking contracts far and wide. If you want a snatch-and-run guy, Jimmy is as good as they come. He's also good for doing "run-by" killings, but he doesnt like to do those because the risk is much higher if caught.

He has recently worked a number of jobs through Enforcers Inc. The jobs went well, the rates were good, and the contratee's invlovled didnt try to jerk him around or short change him. All good things in Jimmy's book.

Powers/Tactics: Breakneck has the ability to accelerate his physiology and run at very high speeds. He is also able to withstand enormous impact damage, particularly caused by ramming. His tactics are simple, run by something really fast and either grab it, hit it, or spin it around. Thats pretty much Breakneck's repetoir, although he has some variations on the themes.

He also heals fast and has some basic breaking and entering skills, and knows where to fence stolen items.

Campaign Use: Super-villain thief that can also fight a little if confronted by PCs. Good for story/plot element set up. If you need an item stolen to forward a storyline, call Cheshire Cat. But if Cheshire Cat is busy, call Breakneck as the next runner up. He's also an annoying little jerk that players would just love to pound if you give them a taste of his smack talk. Fun irritant, and oh-so-satisfying when the PCs actually catch him....

The Most Dangerous Man In The World

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Zardoz

Alternate Identities: Kalidas Gupta

Player Name:

8 STR 10 -2 8 11- HTH Damage 1 1/2d6 END [1]
8 DEX 10 -6 8 11- OCV 3 DCV 3
8 CON 10 -4 8 11-
8 BODY 10 -4 8 11-
13 INT 10 3 13 12- PER Roll 12-
8 PRE 10 -2 8 11- PRE Attack: 1 1/2d6
8 COM 10 -1 8 11-

2 PD 2 0 2/12   2/12 PD (0/10 rPD)
2 ED 2 0 2/12   2/12 ED (0/10 rED)
3 SPD 1.8 12 3   Phases: 4, 8, 12
4 REC 4 0 4  
16 END 16 0 16  
16 STUN 16 0 16    
5" Running 6 -2 5"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
1 1/2"/0 1/2"" Leaping 2 0 1 1/2" -6 Total Characteristics Points
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Base Points: 50
Disad Points: 50
Total Points: 100
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 5" [10" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (2") 1 1/2"
V. Leap (1") 0 1/2"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Brown
Eye Color:  Brown
Height:  5' 4"
Weight:  200 lbs
Description:
Short, fat, soft, poorly groomed, wearing expensive but badly fitting street clothes.

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 2/12 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 0/10  
Energy Defense 2/12 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 0/10  
Mental Defense 20 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 3 DCV: 3

Combat Skill Levels: +5 with Psionics Multipower
COMBAT MANEUVERS
COMBAT MODIFIERS
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
53 Psi-Powers: Multipower, 120-point reserve, all slots: Requires A Skill: Psionics Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll +0) (120 Active Points); Side Effects (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character -3/4), Concentration 0 DCV (-1/2)
Notes: When Khalid fails to keep careful control of his powers, frightening and dangerous poltergeist phenomena can result. These range from telekinetic "ghosts" (summon) to wild swirls of psionic energy (change environment and/or telekinesis). These phenomena rarely directly effect Khalid.
3u
1) Psionic Mask: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 27 Real Cost) Shapeshift (Mental Group; Instant Change), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (15 Active Points) (Real Cost: 15) plus Force Field (18 Mental Defense), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (45 Active Points) (Real Cost: 45)
Notes: I am nobody special.
3u
2) Sonokinetic / Eletrokinetic / Psyschomorphic Shield: Invisibility to Sight Group, Hearing Group, Mental Group, No Fringe, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (60 Active Points)
Notes: Do not mind me. I am somebody else's problem.
3u
3) Telepathic Manipulation: Mind Control 2d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (x8 max.) (+1 1/4), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (60 Active Points)
Notes: You will be doing as I say now.
3u
4) Projective Telepathy: Mental Illusions 2d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (x16 max.) (+1 1/2), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (60 Active Points)
Notes: Look at that over there!
3u
5) Telekinetic Bubble: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 26 Real Cost) Telekinetic Flight: Flight 10", Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points) (Real Cost: 30) plus Telekinetic Screen: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points) (Real Cost: 30)
Notes: Farewell and goodbye.
3u
6) Telepathy 2d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (x16 max.) (+1 1/2), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +2) (60 Active Points)
Notes: You can tell me your problems.
71 Total Powers Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
11 Power: Psionics 15-
15 +5 with Psionics Multipower
2 PS: Criminal 11-
1 KS: Psionics 8-
2 KS: Metahuman World 11-
1 KS: Science Fiction 8-
3 Language: English (Hindi is native) (completely fluent)
35 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
15 Psychological Limitation: Greedy (Very Common; Moderate)
10 Hunted: Menton 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Hunted: The Champions or other Hero group 8- (Mo Pow; Mildly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
Notes: There is no proof that Zardoz has used his mind control and other powers for illegal purposes, but some suspect the truth.
10 Hunted: PSI 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
50 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 5' 4" Hair: Brown
Weight: 200 lbs Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Short, fat, soft, poorly groomed, wearing expensive but badly fitting street clothes.
Personality: Greedy, petty, lazy and undisciplined, Kalidas sees his powers as his ticket to the good life. They may well be. Unfortunately, he has once again come up with a plan that will inevitably involve him in conflict with Metahumans, a conflict in which he could easily get killed. He is starting to realize that. Kalidas has not yet started developing the paranoia and megalomania common among those with similar abilities, nor has his mother's early training in the virtues of living a moral life entirely left him. Under the right circumstances, he could yet become a monster, or reform, perhaps even join the heroes.

Unless someone puts a bullet in him first.

Quote:"Hello sir. How may I help you on this fine day."

"Now you will be leaving, and you will not return."

Background: The most dangerous man in the world stood behind the counter of the 8-10 mini-mart. The man in the trench coat looked him in the eye.

"Witchcraft rents an apartment under the name of Bethany Duquesne," said the dangerous man. "Here's the address."

"Security?"

"None. She has a cat named Sunshine. She thinks it's her familiar."

"Good. Now..."

"You won't kill me," said the dangerous man. "You'll pay me what you promised, and then you'll leave. You won't come back, and you won't attack me later."

Surprised, the man in the trench coat did as he was told. Kalidas Gupta, the most dangerous man in the world, managed to keep from colapsing in terror until after Tachyon had left. There had to be a safer way to do this. He stepped over the unconcious body of the store clerk and waddled out of the building.

Kalidas Gupta was born in New Delhi, India, to a middle class family struggling to make a better life for their children. Kalidas, much to his mother's disappointment, was neither clever nor aggressive, performing poorly in school and doing only the bare minimum of work when employed by one relative or another. Finally in disgust she packed Kalidas off to America. Perhaps there he would make a better life. He did.

Kalidas discovered his talents in his late teens. Frightened by the destructive poltergeist phenomena that their use often provoked, he practiced them only in secret. In America he became bolder, quickly gaining skill. His mother wanted him to be a store clerk, or an office worker, perhaps slave before a computer all day, but Kalidas knew that his power could gain him easy money, everything he ever wanted. So he came upon the Plan...

Taking the name Zardoz, Kalidas began a one man crime spree. He simply walked into banks, shops and strip clubs, waited a few minutes to build up control of his target, and demanded whatever he wanted.

The Champions caught him in less than a week. He didn't have a chance. Nothing could be proved in court, and after he was released Khalid came up with a better plan.

This time he quietly wandered into a bar he'd heard of and waited until a fat man in an expensive suit sat in a booth near the back. He then established control over the man and sold him the secret identity of Defender. Since then Khalid has stolen secrets right and left, selling them to any who might be willing to pay. His memory is not perfect, and his power isn't always reliable, but Khalid has made quite a mark in his short time as an information broker. Aware that he still isn't entirely suited to his chosen profession, and terrified of many of his clients, Khalid has heard of an agency for talented people called Enforcers Inc. Perhaps they might prove a safer source of contracts...

Meanwhile, both PSI and Menton have heard of a surprisingly competent Telepath...

Powers/Tactics: Zardoz can be shockingly effective in the right circumstances. He will normally conceal himself in a crowd, either using his S.E.P. shield (invisibility) to remain entirely unseen or his Psi-Mask to appear to be an innocent bystander. He will then start using his fully invisible telepathy on his target, building up the effect as long as possible, attempting to learn something of value for his customer. If hired as back-up, he will attempt to slowly gain control of the most powerful looking Brick or Energy protector. Once his control is established, he will send his puppet after any other mentalists and begin working on his next target. He will also use mental illusions to cause his targets to attack one-another. If he fears capture, Zardoz will flee invisible from the scene. If caught, he will surrender, then start working on the person who captured him until he has them fully under his control.

Zardoz may use any two slots of his MP at once.

Campaign Use: Zardoz can serve as a dirty trick or deus ex machina in most campaigns. He can provide the heroes darkest secrets to their most deadly foes, turn the tide of a battle while remaining unseen, arrange to free the most obviously guilty super-thug by sitting quietly in the back of the courtroom (remember, fully invisible power effects), and generally make the PCs believe they're up against Menton himself.

Speaking of whom, when Menton, PSI or one of the heroes whose secrets he has stolen finally tracks Zardoz down, there will likely be interesting times for all concerned.

Add fifty points to his stats, especially his speed and Ego, and Zardoz becomes dangerous in combat. Drop his psionic effects to 1d6 per phase and add double penetrating and he can pierce any mind shield. Raise his point totals to 350, remove the Concentration limit from his MP and add a few slots, and he could become a very powerful villain...or hero.

Zardoz looks interesting. I keep looking at him and thinking...."He cant really be THAT effective at 100 points.....can he?" :)

Very scary. Of course anybody with Mental Defense of 10 or more is pretty much immune to him, which is kind of a neat story element.

A minor quibble: He cant use his TK Shield in conjunction with another slot; it has 90 AP

Otherwise fairly cool. On the one hand, I can see the Enforcers hiring him on full time as thier resident mentalist and intelligence gatherer, but on the other they all lack mental defenses except Bronto, so theyd be afraid to deal with him in person.....

Well done!

Thank you sir.

Re: Telekinetic Shield

For some reason I was thinking 30 real cost for flight + 30 real cost for Force Field = One 60 point slot out of a 120 point pool. I'll fix it. ;)

Originally his Telepathy, MC and Mental Illusions were all double penetrating. :) Almost no-one outside of an all mentalists campaign buys double hardened Mental Defense...including Unger. When I spotted that, I upped the effect to 2d6 per phase and dropped the ability to burn through mental shields. I see that it's still in the origin section though; I'll fix that.

Heh...yeah, I forgot about Unger's "Mental Conditioning" -- I added that to the character at the last minute bcs it occured to me that without it any Telepath would be able to spot him as a fake. With 25 MD he can at least hold out a few Phases vs most Telepaths, and if he's not too happy with thier meddling pop a cap or three into them.

As a side note, while Im on the subject.....

When I make characters I always try to leave in (or actually build in) at least one weakness that isnt necessarily obvious but is exploitable once known.

For The Machine I deliberately left him open to Mentalists and Adjusters. He's no better off vs them than anybody else (except for EGO Attacks and Drains vs CON of course).

Bronto I just made super durable, but he's also affected by Adjustments. His weakness is he's more defensive than offensive. And his fighting style is much better at one on one fighting -- he would have a harder time with a group. Basically he can absorb punishment, but he isnt an "OMG!!!!--Do something about that guy before he kills us all" villain. He's just "muscle".

Jackhammer is the classic easily-controlled brick. He's much more dangerous and pretty decent vs a group (unlike Bronto), but cant take the same level of punishment and will burn out fast due to END expenditures. Any Mentalist should just go to town with him, but even just a clever opponent with Conversation or PRE could trick him into doing dumb things.

Unger has low physical and energy defense -- he's all offense -- he can dish it but not take it.

Fixed the TK shield, altered the origin story very slightly and spell checked (something I don't often do with Hero Designer).

I agree that invincible characters are a mistake, for players and GMs. No weaknesses (or too specific weaknesses, aka the Kryptonite factor) make for a dull or "unfair" game.

Diana-Bol is a standard brick vulnerable to energy projectors and mentalists. Milos can be hurt by almost anyone, and his powers can be blocked by a good pair of sunglasses. The King is mostly offense (his best defense is exhausting) and can be overwhelmed by a superior fighter, and Zardoz is a wimp once you spot him.

That said, he is almost as optimized as possible for 100 points; I'm not used to FREd yet, and I wanted to see just what you could do in the low point ranges. Also, nothing is quite as scary as a sniper. :)

I guess Zardoz's background doesn't really allow for total anonymity, but that would be a very valuable Perk for snipers who rely on long build-up invisible power effects powers. It'd be fairly easy for anyone with Streetwise to turn the tables on him, and as you say he's easy to deal with once you've spotted him. He's much better at playing the role of a hunter rather than the hunted.