Funky combat maneuver question.

Yamo

Is there a way to shoot two different targets with two different weapons in the same Phase?

If I want to shoot them both with the same weapon, I can Rapid Fire it.

If I want to shoot one of them with two different weapons at once, I can use a Multiple Power Attack.

But what if I have, say, a magnum revolver in one hand and a laser pistol in the other and I want to shoot a different thug with each one simultaneously. Is there a rules-legal way to do that?

I ask because I'm working on a character that routinely "dual wields" mismatched weapons of various types and this particular stunt is a big part of the fighting style I have in mind.

Maybe you should also post this as a rules question.

I think the typical messy solution is to just use rapid fire or autofire, possibly with some bonus bought for it, and define the SFX as multiple weapons. I'm pretty sure that's not what you're looking for though.

This kind of attack was used constantly in the movie Equillibrium, where the Grammaton Clerics would fire two pistols in opposite directions.

I think the two-weapon fighting example covers this exact situation. The example in the sidebar describes Renegade shooting at 4 bank robbers with his "twin MIni-Uzi submachine guns." If he can do it with "twin MIni-Uzi submachine guns," I don't see why you couldn't do it with a laser pistol and a magnum revolver.

I don't even think you would have to buy TWF to do it. You would just have to deal with the penalties for firing with your off hand, and the cumulative -2 for each shot after the first and the 1/2 DCV imposed by Rapid Fire.