SHADES OF BLACK Playtest File Now Available

Steve Long

Just an alert for the DH subscribers -- the Shades Of Black playtest document is now available, complete with maps!

This is our first scenario playtested, so the process is a bit different than normal. Please read the introductory instructions carefully, and e-mail me if you have any questions.

In particular, we're hoping to get a lot of people to actually playtest the adventure -- run it in their own campaigns, or as an impromptu one-shot campaign. That's more helpful for adventure products than any other type of book.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Originally posted by starblaze

Great, now how do I get it?

Well, if you are a member of the playtest group, you go to Digital Hero, enter your Username and Password, and download it like you always have. If you are not a member of the playtest group you buy a year's subscription to Digital Hero and you will get access to that download page. If you are having another problem, let us know. Maybe someone here can help you.

Originally posted by tenebre

what is this for?

its own release? or part of MC?

it isnt ont he release schedule.. or i am jsut missing it

It is an adventure module set in Millennium City; and I should add that it is a well-written adventure module too. The adventure is for 5-6 350 point heroes. It is designed to be played over 3-4 game sessions.

Shades of Black is the first of Hero Games' Hero Plus line of books. These books will be sold as pdf downloads. The Hero Plus line is not part of the regular schedule, and can appear at odd times.

Other Hero Plus products coming up will be Scott's Gestault source book and Derek's book on everyday items. Apparently Allen has put in a proposal for another module which looks very interesting as well. There might be more forthcoming, but those are the ones I remember hearing about.

Originally posted by tenebre

nope twice in teh past 2 weeks actually.. its rather odd

You might want to try sending an email directy to Ben then, rather than just the DHadmin address.

This is assuming you are a yearly subscriber to Digital Hero. The playtest list is only for people who have purchased a 10 issue subscription to the pdf magazine.

Originally posted by Monolith

Other Hero Plus products coming up will be Scott's Gestault source book and Derek's book on everyday items. Apparently Allen has put in a proposal for another module which looks very interesting as well. There might be more forthcoming, but those are the ones I remember hearing about.

in addition to the ones above, i think that Crimson Hawk (afraid i don't recall his real name) is writing a Meriquai Falls setting book and Michael Surbrook (Ninja Hero) an Asian Bestiary for HERO Plus this year.

Originally posted by allen

in addition to the ones above, i think that Crimson Hawk (afraid i don't recall his real name) is writing a Meriquai Falls setting book and Michael Surbrook (Ninja Hero) an Asian Bestiary for HERO Plus this year.

How did I miss the announcement for those two books? I must be getting old. I knew when I found that gray hair last week that my mind would soon be spiraling down. :)

Thanks. I look forward to getting both of those too!

Originally posted by starblaze

I go to the Digital hero page and log in. My log in is fine but when I click to go buy more credits the link I click doesn't go to the page.

Click on the ONLINE STORE link at the top of this page. That will take you to the main purchase page. From there you can log in, click on Digital Hero, and then purchase however many credits you would like.