Alana Hayden (PEACH)

Khelendros

PEACH, for those unfamiliar, stands for Please Evaluate and Critique Honestly. (or Honorably)

I'd like to know if I built her right before I decide to play her. I was going to make a magic guy but it got complicated and I sat down and made a concept and background first and then powers and that is how I came up with this girl. I'll try to post her but if it doesn't work I'll also attach her file.

Alana Hayden

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

35 STR -2 16- Lift 3200.0kg; 7d6 [1]

13 DEX 9 12- OCV: 4/DCV: 4

40 CON 20 17-

9 BODY -2 11-

53 INT 43 20- PER Roll 20-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

20 COM 5 13-

3/23 PD 1 Total: 3/23 PD (0/20 rPD)

3/23 ED -1 Total: 3/23 ED (0/20 rED)

3 SPD 7 Phases: 4, 8, 12

6 REC 0

40 END 0

23 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 96

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 13"/26"

Leaping: 7"/14"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

5 Life Support (Longevity: Immortal)

18 Regeneration: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (50 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

13 Immortality: Healing 1 BODY, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Day (-2 3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2)

20 Power Defense (20 points)

16 Mental Defense (20 points total)

60 Psi Powers: Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 20 control cost, (60 Active Points)

0 1) Flight 13", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39

0 2) Force Field (20 PD/20 ED) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 3) Mind Blast: Ego Attack 4d6 (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 4) Mind Control 1d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x5; +2 1/2) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39

0 5) Mental Illusions 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x6; +3) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40

0 6) Mind Scan 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), MegaScale (1" = 10 million km; +3/4), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), One Way Link (+1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x4; +2) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39

0 7) Telekinesis (20 STR), Fine Manipulation (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 8) Telekinesis (26 STR) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39 4

0 9) Telepathy 8d6 (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 10) Telepathy 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x6; +3) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40

0 11) Stop!: Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 12) Mind Rip: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1, Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 13) Psi Body: +20 CON (40 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) Real Cost: 27

0 14) Psi Body: +27 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) Real Cost: 27

Perks

2 Deep Cover

Talents

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Lightning Calculator

Skills

3 Scientist

3 1) SS: Biophysics 21- (4 Active Points)

3 Deduction 20-

3 Computer Programming 20-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 154

Total Cost: 250

150+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Very Attractive (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Purple Hair (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Hunted: Mutant haters 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Professor X 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Physical Limitation: Allergy to cats (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fearless (Common, Strong)

5 Psychological Limitation: Keeps the fact she is immortal a secret (Uncommon, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will never break her word/promise (Common, Strong)

10 Social Limitation: Sex Object (Frequently, Minor)

Total Disadvantage Points: 100

Background/History: Born in 1957 Alana realized early on that she was different and so did her parents. Always being a risk taker Alana would get injured and just heal up from and wounds at an extraordinary rate and just kept on going like nothing happened. Later in life around the age of 24, when she was a full grown woman, she stopped ageing and developed latent psionic abilities that helped her to realize her own immorality. Alana realization that society would not be able to accept her immortality she used her skills to develop covers and false identities taking classes from several colleges and private institutes to gain the skills and knowledge of a scientist but never obtain and actual degree.

It wasn’t till the year 2000 that Alana’s latent psionic powers started to grow. A man by the name Charles Xavier felt her mind cry out and came to her aid. Inviting her into his school for the gifted Charles taught Alana how to control her powers. Learning at a expediential rate Alana soon left the school to do things on her own. Giving Charles her word that if he ever needed her aid that she would come as a thanks for saving her.

In present times Alana does independent research in the field for Biophysics using her Cover name Rachel Haller

Personality/Motivation: Alana is kind and generous but is inclined to not make friends easily. Due to the fact that she is immortally she knows that any friends she does gain or loves will fade away one day. If anyone is ever considered a friend Alana will do almost anything for them. Her motives in life are to discover advanced health and medicine through her research.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Alana uses her psionic powers to knock out most people she runs into if she is forced to use them. If going up against others with powers she will activate her defensives first using her psionic powers to create a cocoon of energy around herself and fly. Once her defenses are up she will withdraw to a more advantageous spot and use her telekinesis to subdue or her mind blast to knock them out. If their mind is to strong for them her to effect them she will uses her psionic powers to increase her strength and durability and try a more hand on approach, one she doesn’t like to resort to.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: If year 2007, age 50(looks lower-mid 20's), stunningly beautiful, 115lbs, Purple hair, Brown eyes.

Re: Alana Hayden (PEACH)

The 1st thing that jumps right out at me is the 3 Distinctive features.

The mutant one and her being stunningly gorgeous and having purple hair.

The stunningly gorgeous with purple hair is one disad in my book.

2nd thing to hit me is that she is slow by Supers standards. 13 dex means she is gonna get clobbered all the time. (of course if everyone has 10-20 dex and 3 or 4 speed then it is no big deal) As a fix I would drop her Int to 33 and invest 15 in dex and 5 in speed.

And if she gets hit when she doesn't have her force filed on she is gonna be dead, dead, DEAD!

3 pd, 9 body, she'll be at zero before you can say knockback. She'll be past saving, bar a miracle, when she hits the wall. I know she has regen so be prepared for her using it all the time. (again if this is a realistic( ?) game that is cool)

As a quick fix I would lower her mental and power defence and raise her pd & ed.

How did you get to the numbers for the Str and Con? Is that through the VVP? It is a bit confusing how it is written up. What are her starting stats? 8 str and 20 con?

And I think the name is crap. :D

Unusual build - not traditionally balanced, but interesting.

i note the disadvantages don't have much combat applicability, which always rings distant alarm bells, but of far more concern is the proposed array of mental powers, you know the highly advantaged cumulative ones. pretty rubbish in a straight fight, which makes me wonder - what DO you want them for? There are not enough points in the pool to run the mind scan and any of the others simultaneously.

There is not much depth in the skills section - not for someone who has been around for 50 years!

I also note the vulnerability to physical and energy attacks - without pool defences - which I quite like - it balances the character nicely, given that none of the suggested pool powers are limited (so you can't run many at once), I would allow this build, cautiously, with the understanding that it would be monitored in play, with an ongoing veto if necessary.

Thank you for those that have commented so far. In this message I'll just be explaining why I did what I did and then it might help with what I could do to round her out better and I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Her Starting str is 8 and her con was a 13. She has general physical stats for a small framed woman just like most mutants do. Many I found had those kinds of stats, expect for the large Int. Even Mr. Fantastic only had a 40 at the largest which surprised me. Her new str and con come from her mental powers enhancing her just like those with telekinesis seem to be able to in some heroes. While she has the ability to enhance her str and con by using her Psi body option she doesn't because it's just not her style. She prefers to stay back and subdue and aid. I didn't want her to be insane in both physical stats and powers and have high defense. I wanted to balance her out some with the normal stats of a woman and defenses.

The reason why I bought the cumulative mental powers is so that given time she can effect those she knows of. One of the things she does to keep her deep cover going is scan for important officials and use them to gain the correct paper work or bypass red tape in order to have such a strong cover. She can also use just the straight versions of them which is my fault. I forgot to place extra time on the ones with cumulative and make instant versions of them like I did with the telepathy. As for the skills selection in order to fit everything I wanted for this character in a 250 build I had to shave points off somewhere. I plan on putting points gained in game straight into skills(teamwork, Int based, History etc) skills to make up for it instead of improving on powers and stats etc. She seems kind of...power gamed? or muchkinie? but that wasn't the intent. It's just really hard to sometimes put into effect this certain background with 250. After I get her skills up is when I'll start to improve the hight of her VPP and maybe stats a tiny bit. I dont plan on the physical stats going beyond normal human.

I do have a question though. What do you mean not enough points to run some of the powers simultaneously. I really didn't plan on running it like that but if I did want to use more than one power at a time like flight and my ff why wouldn't I be able to?

Eidetic memory for a character with an Int above 37 is redundant, since the talent works by raising the Int roll for the purposes of memory only, and a 17- Int roll as good to recall everything as a roll of 25-.

Similarly, unless you're counting on being hit by penalty levels or Int reducing effects fairly often, Int scores above 37 are all effectively equivalent, except for keeping score of whose is biggest.

She appears to be built on the MargaritaMan model. As a GM, I'd never allow power slots 4, 5, 6, 10 or 12 in a VPP, and I'd need immense persuading to allow more than one of them on the same character, much less all, or at all.

Also, a 9 BODY character with regeneration or immortality seems mechanically unsound, and the disadvantages don't really amount to disadvantages so much as a roadmap for how to abuse the game system, if I'm being peachy.

On the whole, not a character for a player. Since my campaigns don't have NPCs I'd never allow players to have, also not a character for my campaigns as an NPC, either.

Yeah some of the powers were off Margarita Man since they just seemed cool. I can lower the Int and put points into skills. What do you mean power slots? Also, i don't see how I was abusing disadvantages. Those came from the pretab from this site as disadvantages with write ups on them.

PEACH, for those unfamiliar, stands for Please Evaluate and Critique Honestly. (or Honorably)

I'd like to know if I built her right before I decide to play her. I was going to make a magic guy but it got complicated and I sat down and made a concept and background first and then powers and that is how I came up with this girl. I'll try to post her but if it doesn't work I'll also attach her file.

Alana Hayden

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

35 STR -2 16- Lift 3200.0kg; 7d6 [1]

13 DEX 9 12- OCV: 4/DCV: 4

40 CON 20 17-

9 BODY -2 11-

53 INT 43 20- PER Roll 20-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

20 COM 5 13-

In my opinion, seeing as this is a 250 point super, the 13 DEX is too low, the 40 CON is too high, and the 53 INT is unnecessary.

At the very least, bump up the DEX to 18, drop the CON to 30, and the INT to 30 (or 33).

3/23 PD 1 Total: 3/23 PD (0/20 rPD)

3/23 ED -1 Total: 3/23 ED (0/20 rED)

3 SPD 7 Phases: 4, 8, 12

6 REC 0

40 END 0

23 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 96

3 PD, 3 ED, and 3 SPD are far to low your typical super. If the character is supposed to be a normal with some superhuman powers, it might fly, but the 35 STR and 40 CON seems to indicate otherwise. I'd recommend a PD & ED of 6 and a SPD of 4 at least.

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 13"/26"

Leaping: 7"/14"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

5 Life Support (Longevity: Immortal)

18 Regeneration: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (50 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

13 Immortality: Healing 1 BODY, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Day (-2 3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2)

The second Healing is redundant. There's nothing it gives you that the first one won't do faster.

20 Power Defense (20 points)

16 Mental Defense (20 points total)

Why Power Defense? Also, if you're building a mentalist, her 18 EGO could go a little higher.

60 Psi Powers: Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 20 control cost, (60 Active Points)

You do realize you can only change powers between adventures? Also, I'd argue that you really want to have a 60 point base for this.

0 1) Flight 13", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39

0 2) Force Field (20 PD/20 ED) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 3) Mind Blast: Ego Attack 4d6 (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 4) Mind Control 1d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x5; +2 1/2) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39

0 5) Mental Illusions 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x6; +3) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40

0 6) Mind Scan 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), MegaScale (1" = 10 million km; +3/4), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), One Way Link (+1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x4; +2) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39

Powers 4-6 have no direct combat effects, which may prove to be more than a little frustrating. Also, I don't see the need for MegaScale on your Mindscan, since that's sort of built in. In addition, as a GM I'd question the reason why behind your Invisible Power Effects, since it seems to be designed to make the character totally undetectable.

0 7) Telekinesis (20 STR), Fine Manipulation (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 8) Telekinesis (26 STR) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39 4

0 9) Telepathy 8d6 (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 10) Telepathy 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), Cumulative (96 points; +1 1/2), Penetrating (x6; +3) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40

For power 10, see my comments above.

0 11) Stop!: Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 12) Mind Rip: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1, Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4

0 13) Psi Body: +20 CON (40 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) Real Cost: 27

0 14) Psi Body: +27 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (40 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) Real Cost: 27

Power 11 is only going to work against low EGO supers, and even them won't last long. Power 12 won't do any BODY. Power 13 & 14 cannot be used at the same time (at least, at full power)

Perks

2 Deep Cover

Talents

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Lightning Calculator

Skills

3 Scientist

3 1) SS: Biophysics 21- (4 Active Points)

3 Deduction 20-

3 Computer Programming 20-

Deep Cover as what?

The character has no skills. None. And the Scientist is a waste of 3 points since you've only bought on SS. I'd probably not allow someone with such a lack of skills.

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 154

Total Cost: 250

150+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Very Attractive (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Purple Hair (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

DF Very Attractive and Purple Hair should be combined into one.

10 Hunted: Mutant haters 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Professor X 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Physical Limitation: Allergy to cats (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fearless (Common, Strong)

5 Psychological Limitation: Keeps the fact she is immortal a secret (Uncommon, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will never break her word/promise (Common, Strong)

10 Social Limitation: Sex Object (Frequently, Minor)

"Will never break her word/promise" should be Common, Total. I'd disallow the Social Limitation.

Total Disadvantage Points: 100

Background/History: Born in 1957 Alana realized early on that she was different and so did her parents. Always being a risk taker Alana would get injured and just heal up from and wounds at an extraordinary rate and just kept on going like nothing happened. Later in life around the age of 24, when she was a full grown woman, she stopped ageing and developed latent psionic abilities that helped her to realize her own immorality. Alana realization that society would not be able to accept her immortality she used her skills to develop covers and false identities taking classes from several colleges and private institutes to gain the skills and knowledge of a scientist but never obtain and actual degree.

It wasn’t till the year 2000 that Alana’s latent psionic powers started to grow. A man by the name Charles Xavier felt her mind cry out and came to her aid. Inviting her into his school for the gifted Charles taught Alana how to control her powers. Learning at a expediential rate Alana soon left the school to do things on her own. Giving Charles her word that if he ever needed her aid that she would come as a thanks for saving her.

In present times Alana does independent research in the field for Biophysics using her Cover name Rachel Haller

I'd argue that she should have False IDs not a Deep Cover. Also, Contact Xavier, and some possible KSs dealing with his school, the mutant world, mentalists, and so on.

Personality/Motivation: Alana is kind and generous but is inclined to not make friends easily. Due to the fact that she is immortally she knows that any friends she does gain or loves will fade away one day. If anyone is ever considered a friend Alana will do almost anything for them. Her motives in life are to discover advanced health and medicine through her research.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Alana uses her psionic powers to knock out most people she runs into if she is forced to use them. If going up against others with powers she will activate her defensives first using her psionic powers to create a cocoon of energy around herself and fly. Once her defenses are up she will withdraw to a more advantageous spot and use her telekinesis to subdue or her mind blast to knock them out. If their mind is to strong for them her to effect them she will uses her psionic powers to increase her strength and durability and try a more hand on approach, one she doesn’t like to resort to.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: If year 2007, age 50(looks lower-mid 20's), stunningly beautiful, 115lbs, Purple hair, Brown eyes.

Not a bad concept, but (IMO) it needs work to make more viable for game play.

This is not a conventional build, but I like that. In a game against 'conventional' villains she probably wouldn't last too long, as Susano says, the DEX is too low BUT, like I say, I like that.

Why should all the heroes and villains have 23 DEX? Because it is a pretty efficient sort of number and because everyone else does. That will make for intersting characters and probably pretty short combats. That is a good thing.

BODY 9? Love it. Low Body means a character who has to worry abuot taking killing damage (and with 'standard' 3 pd/ed non resistatnt, that is a very real worry. HOWEVER, she has resurrection, so even the occasional death is only a bump in the road. That's great. I see why you have two regen powers, but you could do it with one, with additional time limtis ont he resurrection adder to keep the cost down - and it would save you points!

Now: VPPs.

What I meant by my comment about not being able to run several powers at once is this;

40 point pool.

You can run up to 40 REAL points at any one time. That can be in one power (say 8d6 EB) - with that taking up the space you can't have anything else in too. So, for instance, your flight and your force field (39 and 40 real points) could not run simultaneously: you COULD run them at the same time if you built them each with at least -1 in limitations (so the real cost still fits in the 40 point pool). Mind you GMs may look askance at a lot of limitations if they are not 'built in' tot he control cost, so that may be easier said than done in practice. Of course, actvie points can never exceed the pool size.

Now Susano says you can only change between adventures. Not quite - it takes between a turn and a minute of doing little else to change powers in a pool, but for a 3 point invenstment you could buy an INT based Power Skill to change the pool in combat. With your INT that shouldn't be much of a problem. I'd kinda assumed that was why it was so high :whistle:

So you have a character who is potentially pretty powerful, albeit in a resonably subtle way, but doesn't really have the juice to be offensive and defensive simultaneously. I like it. That's me though.

All too often we build characters because that's how we've always done it. Build all the characters in the campaign the way Alana is built and it would eb a really interesting game.

This is not a conventional build, but I like that. In a game against 'conventional' villains she probably wouldn't last too long, as Susano says, the DEX is too low BUT, like I say, I like that.

Why should all the heroes and villains have 23 DEX? Because it is a pretty efficient sort of number and because everyone else does. That will make for intersting characters and probably pretty short combats. That is a good thing.

I never said anything about a 23, I said 18 (maybe 15).

BODY 9? Love it. Low Body means a character who has to worry abuot taking killing damage (and with 'standard' 3 pd/ed non resistatnt, that is a very real worry. HOWEVER, she has resurrection, so even the occasional death is only a bump in the road. That's great. I see why you have two regen powers, but you could do it with one, with additional time limtis ont he resurrection adder to keep the cost down - and it would save you points!

How does the second regen even help? It's 1 BODY a DAY, against the 2 BODY a TURN regen, meaning that the second regen would never actually come into play.

Now: VPPs.

What I meant by my comment about not being able to run several powers at once is this;

40 point pool.

You can run up to 40 REAL points at any one time. That can be in one power (say 8d6 EB) - with that taking up the space you can't have anything else in too. So, for instance, your flight and your force field (39 and 40 real points) could not run simultaneously: you COULD run them at the same time if you built them each with at least -1 in limitations (so the real cost still fits in the 40 point pool). Mind you GMs may look askance at a lot of limitations if they are not 'built in' tot he control cost, so that may be easier said than done in practice. Of course, actvie points can never exceed the pool size.

Now Susano says you can only change between adventures. Not quite - it takes between a turn and a minute of doing little else to change powers in a pool, but for a 3 point invenstment you could buy an INT based Power Skill to change the pool in combat. With your INT that shouldn't be much of a problem. I'd kinda assumed that was why it was so high :whistle:

My mistake.

So you have a character who is potentially pretty powerful, albeit in a resonably subtle way, but doesn't really have the juice to be offensive and defensive simultaneously. I like it. That's me though.

I don't mind such a character either, but parts of the build don't make sense (IMO) and seem to be overdone (Why a 40 CON? Why a 53 INT?).

All too often we build characters because that's how we've always done it. Build all the characters in the campaign the way Alana is built and it would eb a really interesting game.

Interesting in what way?

Part of my comments were also due to a need for constancy -- if you're immortal, then why have so few skills? Why such a huge INT? Why have redundant powers? If you're building X, why have Y? (aside from "the power looked neat on my character sheet")

Susano, I didn't mean to critique your critique :)

The 23 Dex was specifically not related to your post, just a general 'standard build' thing.

The second healing has resurrection, so it is useful, although it could easily all be made into one power.

It IS an interesting build and would make an interesting game because it would remove a lot of the assumptions we tend to make. Characters would be vulnerable, and have a lot of choices to make. A couple of years back I ran a game where the players were agents and the villains were mutants - basically normals with one power, or a couple of closely related ones: one villain could teleport people, one could become 'rubbery' - very good against normal physical damage, no better than anyone else at energy or blades. Playing to their strengths they were devastating, but they had very significant weaknesses.

I think if you turned that round, and the players were normals with a couple of powers, you'd get a game where planning was vital - they need to know what they are getting into to use their abilities to maximum effect - and you would end up with a far more thoughtful game.

YOu missed the post where I lowered the int to 38 and put skills in and as for the con I don't know why it says its that high. It's actually to be a 30 and that is only if she is using Psi Body.

Your changes must have come while i was writing my first post.

You bought a base 20 CON and then bought +20 CON via your power pool.

Hmm... can you even buy Characteristics via a VPP?

Susano, I didn't mean to critique your critique :)

The 23 Dex was specifically not related to your post, just a general 'standard build' thing.

The second healing has resurrection, so it is useful, although it could easily all be made into one power.

Now I see. They blended together for me, I think. Personally, I'd combine the two.

Odd, I bought a 13 con and my total was to be a 28 overall total is she was using her Psi body. Not sure why it came out like that. Maybe I made the change and forgot to save it before posting. So yeah change the con to a 13 with a total of 28 if she is using Psi Body and a 38 int.

My last guy was a major stat guy. He had the 6 speed and 23 dex and 30 str on top of major defenses and powers but he was twice as fast as most of the players who have 3's and 4's and same with the villains. I'm confused as to where your getting most supers have it? In all the x-men and most marvel builds I've seen they have normal stats for the most part. A few though don't and their stats are off the wall but that is because that is their power...ie juggernaut, spiderman, etc.

I do see what you all mean on the disadvantage and I'll combine the looks with the hair and come up with another simple 5pt disadvantage off the pretabs or make one up.

Also the 2nd regeneration is for resurrection only and takes time for it to happen and the first is just normal regeneration. I couldn't figure out how to combine the two and have the resurrection part take longer than the healing so I just split them into two different powers.

Odd, I bought a 13 con and my total was to be a 28 overall total is she was using her Psi body. Not sure why it came out like that. Maybe I made the change and forgot to save it before posting. So yeah change the con to a 13 with a total of 28 if she is using Psi Body and a 38 int.

My last guy was a major stat guy. He had the 6 speed and 23 dex and 30 str on top of major defenses and powers but he was twice as fast as most of the players who have 3's and 4's and same with the villains. I'm confused as to where your getting most supers have it? In all the x-men and most marvel builds I've seen they have normal stats for the most part. A few though don't and their stats are off the wall but that is because that is their power...ie juggernaut, spiderman, etc.

I do see what you all mean on the disadvantage and I'll combine the looks with the hair and come up with another simple 5pt disadvantage off the pretabs or make one up.

Also the 2nd regeneration is for resurrection only and takes time for it to happen and the first is just normal regeneration. I couldn't figure out how to combine the two and have the resurrection part take longer than the healing so I just split them into two different powers.

If you want to see some sample characters of various power levels, as well as different media origins (comics, movies, and the like), go here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/archive.html

My own characters, including supers, are here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/original/originalchar.html

As for the Regen... it looks like you're building with Hero Designer. Personally, I'd allow the "Resurrection" part to be bought with it's own limitation of "Takes 1 Day per BODY", *or* put a -1/4 Limitation on the whole power of "Resurrection only allows 1 BODY per Day."

Yeah I did use the Hero Designer. So how would the resurrection look if you built it like that?

Ahhh.... dunno. I'm at work and don't have my stuff to see about doing a different build. What's Resurrection? 20 Points?

Okay, figure out the different between recovers 1 a TURN and 1 a DAY and then apply that to the Resurrection adder. Do that and you're all set.

There are several "fixes" for using several powers...1) EC: Stuff I want to use at the same time (flight, Force field, etc...) and a Multi of attacks, It's a little twinkie...some don't like it (I'm generally one of them...) I usually buy a Multi and naked powers (Multi "Psychic stuff", and just plain buy my flight and Force feild, more expensive, but fool proof. But at 250 it can be an issue.

Stats are a Game specific issue, if the average speed is 3 -4 then you're golden at 3 to 4. But if it's 5 to 6, you'll feel like a goob. So thats one to discuss with the GM. I'd recomend a speed of 4 though, so you can Abort to a defence now and again, because you're squishy.

Maybe buy some Combat Luck and a medium FF so you don't go straight to death's door when caught by suprise....

I'd likely Build her at a 50 point VPP, or a Multi-power (50), and yeah needs some more skills. My basic rule is only use a skill enhancer when I save as much as I spend...i.e.: 3 skills minimum so Scientist (3 pts) then 3 SS's , I 'd also buy some basic skills like Lockpicking, Compi-sci, and the always beloved Paramedics...:)