Lucha Hero

pinecone

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lucha Hero

Rojo is red, though it is pronounced Roho.

Gris is gray, pronounced Greece

Lobo de Plata, meaning Silver wolf might sound better.

And Lobo de Oro is more proper, if talking metallic gold rather than tincture.

Thanx...Each Dup is basicly the same, as Grey, with differing highlights, so Silver would blend better with Gris....yeah spelling is a lost cause with me in English, I just knew how to say Rojo, now I can write it as well...

Notes I envision Los Lobos not as a person that can duplicate' date=' but rather as 5 Luchadors who can combine, sort of like Voltron....[/quote']

Nice! And there's certainly real life (sort of) precedents in Los Villanos, a team of rudos wearing the same mask, but with a different Roman numeral on them... which was certainly an influence on Los Hermanos Numeros from the 5th season 'Angel' episode, 'The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinquo'.

An option there would be to use Five MIDGET luchadors combining to form one full size wrestler, as midget wrestling has always been huge in Mexico.

Nice! And there's certainly real life (sort of) precedents in Los Villanos, a team of rudos wearing the same mask, but with a different Roman numeral on them... which was certainly an influence on Los Hermanos Numeros from the 5th season 'Angel' episode, 'The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinquo'.

An option there would be to use Five MIDGET luchadors combining to form one full size wrestler, as midget wrestling has always been huge in Mexico.

Nice! I may use that as well, note that Lobo Gris is 5'8" when not dup'd, but 5'6" when he is...

Maybe I'll go with Mini Lobo Gris...I beleive that several "mini's" use the same name as a regular size Luchador.....see Mini Mysterio up-thread....

The last time I was able to game, I played Ocho, El Hombre de Ocho Caras. AKA "Octagon" (A Technico, posted elsewhere)

One concept I've used for decades is Hunted: Archfoe. I usually ask the player to write it up, or if they pull a blank I do it for them. I also use it for my own characters, either writing one up, or "adopting" a villian that I want to see often.

In an early adventure I trashed Bulldozer, and while he was out a teamate Crimson Cat decided to pants him. (this became a theme, the CC would take a keepsake from each adventure) Bulldozer understandably enough blamed me.

I then offered to "update" Bulldozer to "Rudo" status as my archfoe. I just happened across the char sheet today...

Skills:

Brick Trix +1 5 pts

+3 w/ HtH

Jack of all trades

PS: Heavy Equipment operator

PS: Truck driver

PS: Farm hand

PS: Warehouse man

PS: Construction worker (all 1 pt ea)

KS: Pro wrasslin 2 pts

KS: Super world 1 pt

KS: Motorcycles 2 pts

TF: Heavy equip. 2 pts

TF: Motorcycles 1 pt

TF: Parachutes 1 pt

Climbing

Streetwise

Total 49 pts

The Power! Lucha skill is listed here as its his "power"

Super leg strength +3" running 6 pts

Super macho toughness! Lack of weak (5) PD 5 pts

" : DR 12/12 Hard +1/4 15 pts

" : Hardened for PD, and ED + 1/4 12 pts

I ain't Moving! -6" KB RSR: Brick trix 8 pts

" : +12 ED Armor RSR: Brick Trix 12 pts

Nobody tell Bulldozer what to do! Mental def (22) Only vs Mind controll (-1) 10 pts

I work out! : REnd STR >1/2 12 pts

Killdozer style! 24 pts (Basic stk.,M.Grab,M.Esc.,Take down,Shove/ Bulldoze!,Grabling throw,Crush/Elbow drop!(change in sp effects, same mechanic) )

Vincent Lightning (Classic British bike, well know for breaking down "It's in the shop") 10 pts

114 pts

Total character 350

The mad skilz...

+3 PER

Lang. Anch. Greek (3)

Lang. Spanish (2) (Native is Portugese, she's from Brazil)

Lang. English (1)

Contact The Amazons (11) 6 pts

Concealment

Shadowing

Climbing

Survival: Jungle

TF: Prop planes

TF: Motorcycles

Acrobatics

Breakfall

+4 w/ Lucha!

+2 DC (Lucha listed under powers)

Scholar

KS: Lucha world,Amazons,Herbology

Perq. Celebrity

70 pts all told...

The power set:

Jungle Lucha!

(Panther's claw/Sac. stk, Jaguars claw/K. stk,Ocelots grip/n.stk,Monkey grab/ M. Grab,Anaconda crush/ crush,Cross block/M.Block,Reaping moves/M. Thr.)

Heroic luck: Combat luck x2

Jungle swiftness +5" running

Totally ripped! REnd STR> 1/2

Amazonian Lack of weak (5)

Jungle senses D-sense in and out 22 pts

Jungle skills: Invis: Sound REnd>0, RSR: Dex

: Enviro move Narrow surfaces

: Def Man IV

:Swinging 12" OIF vine/rope etc....

Total cost 117 pts, still have 13 to spend....

The world's most awesome Lucha Libre comic' date=' if you can get your hands on it, is 'Sonambulo', about a former wrestler turned noir-style detective who still investigates crimes, romances damsels in distress and wallops ne'er do wells in his mask.[/quote']

I Finally checked this out, and It IS awesome, thanx...

I Finally checked this out' date=' and It IS awesome, thanx...[/quote']

Groovy. I get the impression that it's a bit of a labour of love for the creator, and it's just so fantastic, and criminally unknown, I try to let people know about it whenever I can.

Glad you dig it.

• 3 weeks later...

i read on the hero games homepage thatLLH is already in layout with the covere being approved by any chance would that cover be of a luchadore standig in front of a wrestling ring aas a takeoff on the cover of sidekick' date='which has the hero games logo on the cover?[/quote']

Actually, it's El Espectro throwin' down with an Aztec Mummy. With some other stuff too. dw

Mmmmm Lucha Hero. My guy will be El Viento Poderoso AKA EVP AKA "The Mighty Wind" (literal translation) AKA "The Hurricane". He's about 75 KG and wears Crow style eye makeup instead of a mask.

Can you have a Luchador without a mask?

Plenty of luchadors work without masks. And using facepaint or make-up isn't at all uncommon. For example, Rey Bucanero. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rey_Bucanero)