Sticky AoE Entangles

Psylint

Just a thought, I'm pondering Sticky AoE entangles such as:

Avalanche, Cold based character causes a huge amount of snow to dump on an area of effect 4" in radius and 1" deep: 3 Def 3d6 Body Entangle, AOE Radius +1, Sticky +1/2; [Active 80]

The question I have is, if a person broke out of the entangle and then attempted to proceed across its area of effect, would that person be re-entangled?

Re: Sticky AoE Entangles

IIRC, he'll only become re-entangled if he touches another active victim to get the sticky goodness. What you need is Continuous to make it take effect constantly.

Or, use Change Environment with a negative movement modifier. Like:

40 Fro-Zone: Change Environment 8" radius, -4 Temperature Level Adjustment, -7" Running (50 Active Points); Limited Power Doesn't affect those with LS: Cold (-1/4)

Avalanche, Cold based character causes a huge amount of snow to dump on an area of effect 4" in radius and 1" deep: 3 Def 3d6 Body Entangle, AOE Radius +1, Sticky +1/2; [Active 80]

The question I have is, if a person broke out of the entangle and then attempted to proceed across its area of effect, would that person be re-entangled?

Actually, I think you're misusing Sticky. A Sticky power effects someone who shouldn't ordinarily be effected, but who touches someone who is effected and thereby becomes effected.

IOW, someone outside the AoE touches someone inside it and becomes entangled. I'm sorry, but I don't see a pile of snow doing that.

As Log says, what you (sound like you) want is a Continuous Entangle. Sticky is unrelated to what (it sounds like) you're talking about.

:nonp::hush::cool:

Just read the title. Had several things spring to mind. Decided not to type any of them.

VtR

There are only a few bodily functions that could be classified as 'sticky' in this sense, thank you.

As for the OP, I agree. Sticky isn't what you want, continuous is more like it. At least that's how I read the advantages.

Which could be dead wrong.

There are only a few bodily functions that could be classified as 'sticky' in this sense, thank you.

As for the OP, I agree. Sticky isn't what you want, continuous is more like it. At least that's how I read the advantages.

Which could be dead wrong.

Ryu!!!

ahem. Sorry.

Thinks...

As I understand it, the effect is that the person proceeding across it's area of effect would have their legs 'stuck' in the snow.

I think I would build it as:

Avalanche! 3 Def, 3d6 Body Entangle, Area Effect 3" +

3 Def, 3d6 Body Entangle, Area Effect 3", works vs Dex - not Str, only effects those who try to traverse original Area Effect (-3/4?)

Alternately:

Avalanche! 3 Def, 3d6 Body Entangle, Area Effect 3", Sticky - only affects those who try to traverse original Area Effect (limitation on the advantage).

Just a thought.