7 REC 0

50 END 0

30 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

1 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 38

Cost Power

50 Multipower, 100-point reserve, (100 Active Points); all slots 7 Charges (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

7u 1) Feel the wrath of the ____ of the Apocalypse: Ego Attack 10d6 (100 Active Points); Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

7u 2) woe to all who fall to the edge of the Vorpal _____.: Major Transform 7d6-1 (limb to stump, regen) (100 Active Points); Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

7u 3) My _____ of Disruption shall undo your magic.: Dispel 26 1/2d6, any magical power one at a time (+1/4) (99 Active Points); Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

4u 4) I banish you with my ____ of Sending : Teleportation 9", Range Based On STR (+1/4), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), Usable As Attack (x4 maximum weight per inanimate target; +1 1/2), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (94 Active Points); No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

7u 5) Flee before the Might of my ____ Golem : Summon 200-point creatures, Expanded Class of Beings Limited Group (+1/2), Slavishly Devoted (+1) (100 Active Points); Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

6u 6) I shall ensnare you in my ____ of Binding: Entangle 10d6, 10 DEF (100 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

6u 7) behold the _____ of DOOM!: Drain PRE 3d6, Range Based On STR (+1/4), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (72 points; +1) (97 Active Points); Incantations (-1/4), inappropriate accessible focus of opportunity (-1/4)

33 I'm just a Kid: Mind Control 2d6+1, Telepathic (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (52 points; +1) (66 Active Points); Mandatory Effect (I am not a threat ) EGO +20 (-1/2), No Range (-1/2)

25 Cantrips: Variable Power Pool, 14 base + 11 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (28 Active Points); IIF (iaf of op) (-1/4)

Boon of Loki, all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

24 1) Luck 6d6 (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

24 2) Combat Luck (15 PD/15 ED) (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4 3) Magesight (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

2 4) Simulate Death (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

24 5) +10 DEX (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

16 6) +10 CON (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

8 7) +5 BODY (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4 8) +5 INT (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

8 9) +5 EGO (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

4 10) +5 PRE (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

16 11) +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

8 12) costume: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 294

Cost Skill

3 Spell 11-

2 KS: Arcane And Occult Lore 11-

2 CK: home town 11-

2 PS: student 11-

9 +3 with Magic

Skills Cost: 18

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Social Limitation: emancipated minor (Frequently, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Pandora Loge) Frequently (11-), Major

10 Reputation: Satanist, 11-

15 Psychological Limitation: Apathy (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: code vs killing (Common, Total)

10 Psychological Limitation: clastraphobia (Uncommon, Strong)

5 Money: Poor

10 Hunted: Demon 11- (Mo Pow, Watching)

5 Hunted: PTL 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Watching)

5 Distinctive Features: Goth (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

30 Dependent NPC: Kids in the Coven 8- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x8 DNPCs)

5 Dependent NPC: Mom and Dad 8- (As powerful as the PC; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

10 weirdness magnet

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Pandora Loge was born Sugar Cane. Daughter Of Candie Cane( a Meta adult entertainer) and the god Loki. It was Loki that assisted Pandora with Her name change and emancipation. At age 13 Pandora was the 2nd person under 14 to be emancipated in Reno's recent history.

Re: Goth

You may be right, I'd have to look again when I get home, but I don't don't run it that way (I don't remember if that's my house rule, or if it's a real rule). I just don't think it makes sense that all those people are in the same place at the same time every time the limitation comes up. I like my way because a few will pop up here and there.

Hm... According to the literature (FREd, pg 332)...

...At the GM's option, in some cases the DNPC may even be an entire group of people the character has to look out for (his parents, his siblings, all of his neighbors, or the like); if so, he gets +5 Character Points for every x2 NPC's covered by the same DNPC Disadvantage, since it's more difficult to protect multiple NPC's.

Sounds like they're supposed to all show up at once, at least according to the last line there. Also, note that it's GM's option - if you want to roll separately for all of them, the default assumption would be to purchase them all separately.

Yeah I suppose that makes sense, but I just have a problem with it. I think it's too many points for the limitation.

While I agree it is technically harder to rescue more than 1 DNPC, in an RPG it is very rare for a GM to actually kill or maim a DNPC. That means the limitation really covers the fact that the hero has to either waste actions saving his DNPC or it means letting the villain get away. I don't think having 8 DNPC's makes that more limiting.

Again all this is from my personal experience.

Yeah I suppose that makes sense, but I just have a problem with it. I think it's too many points for the limitation.

Yeah, when I write up 'group' DNPCs, I usually just take it as a single person, and just note that the "DNPC" can be one of several people in a given group: family, friends, neighbors, etc. While there may be multiple people a character knows in a given story or scene, only one of them will be put in danger as a plot point.

EDIT - that being said, I tend to look at disadvantages and limitations as the player's way of telling me what kind of situations they want the character to encounter. As such, a -30 point disadvantage is a HUGE impact on a game; that means that 1/3 of the sessions will be centered around those people showing up and interacting with the character. I'd want to talk it over with the player, to ensure that's actually what they REALLY want to have happen.

Here's my take on a Gothic character.....

THE GOTH

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10 [END: 1]

20 DEX 30 OCV: 7/DCV: 7

18 CON 16

12 BODY 4

13 INT 3 PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 ECV: 5

20 PRE 10 PRE Attack: 4d6

14 COM 2

11 PD 1 Total: 11 PD (6 rPD)

11 ED 1 Total: 11 ED (6 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 4

37 END 1

31 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 104

Movement:

Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 5"/10"

Swimming:3"/6"

Cost Powers END

6 1/2 END cost on 25 STR: Naked Modifier, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (6 Active Points)

5 Accursed: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Sleeping: Character does not sleep; Still Must Drink Water)

44 Weapons Mastery: Multipower, 62-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (77 Active Points); all slots OIF (Available Weapon; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Limited by Weapon Type; -1/4)

3u 1) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (2d6 w/STR), Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +1/4), Variable Advantage (+3/4 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; As appropriate for weapon; +1 1/4) (62 Active Points); OIF (Available Weapon; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Limited by Weapon Type; -1/4) END: 3

3u 2) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +1/4), Variable Advantage (+3/4 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; As appropriate for weapon; +1 1/4) (62 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (Available weapon; -1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Limited by weapon type; -1/4) END: 3

39 Berserkergang: Succor STR, DEX, CON, PRE, PD, ED, STUN, REC 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), all effected characteristics simultaneously (+2) (49 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Uncommon Circumstances (Only works when enraged or berserk; -1/4) END: 2

Notes: +5 STR, +3 DEX, +5 PRE, +9 PD, +9 ED, +9 STUN, +4 REC. Note that I am taking less than Standard Effect in STR and PRE.

13 Healing Touch: Healing Simplified Healing 4d6 (40 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2) END: 4

Notes: Not only does The Goth not control this ability, he does not yet understand that he has it.

Martial Arts

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

3 Basic Strike +1 +0 6d6 Strike

3 Flying Tackle +0 -1 4d6 +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove

4 Block/ Parry +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Grapple -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 30 STR for holding on

4 Charge +0 -2 6d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove

5 Weapon Element: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Blades, Clubs, Fist-Loads, Polearms and Spears

Talents

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

20 Danger Sense (self only, out of combat) 12-

5 Rapid Healing

17 Gift of Tongues : Universal Translator 13- (21 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Always speaks with "barbarous accent"; -1/4)

Skills

3 Climbing 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Barbarian (Con Based): PS: Gothic Warrior 13-

3 Stealth 13-

5 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Arctic/Subarctic Forests, Mountain) 12-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Tracking 12-

2 Gambling (Dice Games) 12-

5 Barbarian: +1 with all barbarian skills (PS: Barbarian, Stealth, Climbing, Tracking, Survival)

10 +2 with HTH Combat

3 Trading 13-

3 Linguist

1 1) Language: Ancient Greek (basic conversation)

1 2) Language: English (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

0 3) Language: Gothic (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

1 4) Language: Latin (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 246

Total Cost: 349

200+ Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

15 Physical Limitation (Curse): Cannot inflict BODy damage with any attack on a living thing. Cannot Kill. (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation (Curse): Cannot Eat or Sleep or Swive (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Ignorant of modern culture and technology. (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Wishes to do the very things he is cursed not to do: kill, eat, sleep, and - well, you know.... (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Distinctive Features: Scarred Gothic Warrior (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25 Enraged: In combat (Very Common), go 14-, recover 14-

15 Enraged: Berserk If Enraged (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-, Berserk

10 Social Limitation: Barbarian (Frequently, Minor)

10 Reputation: Vandal who goes berserk and wrecks property but can't inflict bodily harm on people., 8- (Extreme)

10 Psychological Limitation: Stubborn (Uncommon, Strong)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: We were camped near a grove of willow when the Romans struck; some of our leaders already wounded from their treacherous ambush at the very banquet table. When their left flank broke, some of us pursued a band of them right in among the willows; and then one of them rallied the others, and they turned, and together we bathed the roots of the grove in blood. I do not know how many I slew, but it was not long before only I stood among the Goths in that grove, and only one Roman faced me, and once we saw one another between the trees we rushed together more eager than lovers. It happened before we could close that small distance; a burst of light, a bearlike roar, and we were both struck senseless to the ground. When again I could see, what I saw was a woman - a spirit rather, or sorceress, some guardian of the grove, graceful as willow, a rage more terrible even than ours, spitting maledictions in Greek. I understood some of the curse - that we could never kill again, and that we could never know sleep, nor food, nor the embrace of a woman, until we had saved three dozen lives for each life we had taken, and healed a dozen wounds for each wound we ever gave. Then we were taken up as by invisible hands and thrown as easily as a man could throw a mouse, and when I struck the ground all was black - until I awakened in this mad land.

Personality/Motivation: Ermaneric has killed scores of people; if the total includes those killed by his followers after he rose to be a leader among his people, then fulfilling the terms of the curse could take a very long time indeed. Occasionally he wonders about the Roman who was with him in the grove, and wonders where he landed - and what they'll do if they ever meet again. While sometimes he despairs of lifting the curse, sometimes he goes out actively looking for ways to save lives. He's even thinking about taking first aid classes and learning to heal wounds.

Quote: (After recovering from being knocked out) Thanks. I needed that. That's the only way I can sleep.

Powers/Tactics: Frustrated with weapons that, in his hands, don't cut, the Goth will often fight barehanded, or with a club or mace. He will usually go enraged in combat, and once enraged, must roll each phase for the chance to go totally berserk. Eventually he will learn about the healing ability he was gifted with, and start learning to control it.

Lucius Alexander

Copyright Palindromedary Enterprises

Notes on Ermaneric:

The Goths and Romans did fight a historical battle that is recorded as taking place near a grove of willows. Why did I pick that particular place to pluck up a Goth from? Because so far as I know, it's the only time and place I can get Goths in the same place as a certain actual historical Roman named "PROFUTURUS!!"

If I knew the Old Gothic for "Into the Future" or "Out of the Past" I'd have used that for Ermeneric's name, too.

Lucius Alexander

And Lucius Alexander's Palindromedary