TFT style potions/Gems; feedback?

runescience

Potions

20 SP 1) Speed Potion: Running +4" (10" total) (8 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day which Never Recovers (-1 3/4), OAF (-1), Restrainable: must be imbibed or applied (-1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

30 SP 2) Invisibility Potion: Invisibility to Sight Group (20 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour which Never Recovers (-2 1/4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Only When Not Attacking (-1/2), Conditional Power Power stops working after attacking (-1/2), Restrainable (must be imbibed or applied; -1/2) [1 cc]

30 SP 3) Increase ST Potion: Aid Strength 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4) (25 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Restrainable (must be imbibed or applied; -1/2) [1 nr]

30 SP 4) Increase DX Potion: Aid Strength 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4) (25 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Restrainable (must be imbibed or applied; -1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) [1 nr]

30 SP 5) Increase IQ Potion: Aid Strength 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4) (25 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Restrainable (must be imbibed or applied; -1/2) [1 nr]

40 SP 6) Healing Potion: Aid 3d6 (30 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Restrainable (must be imbibed or applied; -1/2) [1 nr]

90 SP 7) Pyrotic Ability Potion: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Persistent (+1/2), Damage Shield (+1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (41 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works In Water (-1 1/2), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Restrainable: must be applied or embibed (-1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (Recovers Under Limited Circumstances; -1/4)

70 SP 8) Poison gas bomb: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Lingering up to 1 Turn (+1/2), No Normal Defense (Vs Lifesupport, or holding breath?; +1) (45 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Turn which Never Recovers (-3 1/2), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Conditional Power Power does not work in wind or rain (-1/4) [1 cc]

90 SP 9) Berserker potion: subject dies when bod reaches 0. Side effect: After 12 hours: Drain 3d6 Str, Bod, end recovers as normal: roll in: 14: out 8- per encounter.: (Total: 55 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Takes no stun: as automaton: mindless killing machine: (50 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours which Never Recovers (-2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect always occurs whenever the character does some specific act; -1 1/2), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Restrainable: must be applied or imbibed (-1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus +1 with HTH Combat (5 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours which Never Recovers (-2), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Restrainable: must be applied or imbibed (-1/2) (Real Cost: 1) [1 cc]

Gems

10 SP 1) Dazzle Gem: Sight Group Flash 1d6, Area Of Effect Nonselective (1" Radius; +3/4) (9 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Conditional Power Gem must be broken (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) [1 nr]

20 SP 2) Summon Myrmadon or Wolf Gem: See FH Bestiary 75-point creatures (15 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Conditional Power Gem must be broken (-1/4)

70 SP 3) Blast Gem: Energy Blast 5d6, Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (50 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Gem Must be Broken (-1/4)

Re: TFT style potions/Gems; feedback?

I don't see why they should only be at range. I mean, sure, some of them I might WANT to be to close to when they go off...

But what if I'm pinned beneath the weight of a minotaur who is trying to bite my head off, so I shove a gem into his mouth and desperately kick up with all my strength to snap his jaws closed over it... and crushing it with his teeth?

Hm? Seems fun and dramatic to me, if quite risky.

Regarding the Limitations that runescience mentioned:

1) Gem must be broken on a Surface (-1/4)

I would drop "on a surface", and just have it as Gem must be broken. If you stuff it into the minotaur's mouth and can manage to break it, it works. If you're strong enough to crush it in your hand, it works. You'll probably take some effect though.

2) Cannot Be Used in hand to hand combat, Ranged only (-1/4)

3) Ranged only (-1/4) - must be throw?

These are almost the same, I think. I don't believe that items have to be ranged/thrown. I would used Range Based On STR -1/4. If you don't want to throw them away from you (such as the minotaur example) you may end up taking some of the effect. Your choice.

I renewed the first posting. I added some potions in that I had problems with. TFT states that the recipient ignores all negative modifiers to combat after taking damage. This roughly equates to cant be stunned. Also the recipent acts like a killing machine, which is really the berserk disad. I started with a custom power 60 pt automaton stipulating no stun taken and added in a 10 pt disad to it as a berserk 14- in/ 8 out. Also put a drain on the characters str/bod etc after 12 hours. I wanted to run that by you guys.

The pyrotic ability lasts 2 hours, where the recipient can 1 hex start fires when/where he wants. Fire damage is cumulative, but i checked the 5 edition revised and it says that ranged spells are already considered cumulative. Im not sure how closely this matches 5th edition.

Comments on all spells gems?

Here's a potion. Its gives the advantage of being able to throw a Trip spell. The effect as you may have guessed is that your opponent lands on his derriere

The other potion lets you spend ST pts or End in hero case to build a fire ball of different strengths. Im really not sure how to do that. It might seem to obvious for my little brain. There is a similar spell called magic fist which does d6-2 per St/End spent. I didnt know what to do with that either.