Multiform, OIHID or just sfx?

Dr Divago

Re: Multiform, OIHID or just sfx?

The advantage of taking something like OIHID, as opposed to JUST visible is that it sort of requires you to switch everything on, so you can't fly in 'normal' form.

As GA points out though, you do need some way to delineate turning into a 'superform' - and some way to stop it, or at least take advantage of it (as an enemy).

Stuff I allow (although this is not canon, by any means):

Taking between 3 phases and a turn to change (no other requirements)

Taking a full phase and incanting and/or gesturing and/or concentrating

Wearing a special ring/lucky underwear, drinking a potion or eating a special plant, like spinach

In some cases, having a Secret ID (if the consequences of it being discovered are really serious)

In some cases being in a particular situation, for example under the moon at night, completely submerged in water

In some cases an area effect that can harm the environment and/or others

In addition, in almost every case, I require

Finally it is almost always OBVIOUS that you are changing, and the change draws attention, as if it had visible sfx (even though it is not technically a power).

In each case you can either be prevented directly from changing, or there is some strong imperative that will mean you won't change in certain situations, even if that is purely a matetr of choice. For example when you change, you emit a cloud of radioactive particles with a very short half life: they don't harm you but can kill local plant life and give anyone close to you radiation poisoning (and a slow death, potentially). If you are a cold blooded killer, no OIHID. If you have a famly and a code against killing, go for it.

well, was not my intention to start a flame about oihid :D

ok so...

this could be another idea without usign OIHID

let's state one single power with visible limitation, i 'd say Armor

special effect: she get covered by silver skin

then, all other power (life support and flight, for example) are linked: so she cannot fly nor breathe in the void without using silver skin armor

other powers could be bought without linked, so she'll be not "totally useless gimp" while armor are dispelled :)

An alternative to complex linking like that is to just put the powers in an EC - they get a substantial discount, and they all share the same F/X.

When you're using the EC you're in your 'silver form,' when you're not, you're not.

An alternative to complex linking like that is to just put the powers in an EC - they get a substantial discount, and they all share the same F/X.

When you're using the EC you're in your 'silver form,' when you're not, you're not.

*cough* Armour *cough* Life Support *cough*

The advantage of taking something like OIHID' date=' as opposed to JUST visible is that it sort of requires you to switch everything on, so you can't fly in 'normal' form.[/quote']

Personally... if you define your SFX as "Turns silver when Powers are used" I won't let you NOT turn silver when you use your Powers - consider it one of the 3 Sense Groups for visibility.

If there's no real restriction on when/how you can use the Power then there's no Limitation - just SFX.

You'll need Social Limitation: Secret Identity though.

Some of the things that Mr. Long did in FRED just make me scratch my head.

Anyway, sure, go ahead and make them cost END, then. The whole transformation costs END. NBD.

Trouble is, as not everything DOESN'T cost END, that's not a very efficient way to build an EC (you don't get the lim on the pool cost). Ah well.

Some of the things that Mr. Long did in FRED just make me scratch my head.

Anyway, sure, go ahead and make them cost END, then. The whole transformation costs END. NBD.

Then they stop being persistent. Possibly a big deal.

I'd rather put Visible on those Powers that don't go in an EC.

Is the transformation supposed to be persistent?
wel... life support is supposed to be persistent...

this toon is for a pseudo-galactic campaign, like a sort of champions 30000, with superhero and space travel

silva will be one who can travel without any space ship. so making not persistent at life support/silver form could be very "ugly" (enemy attack. she's' stunned. she's dead...)

Book legal:

Armor is visible (-1/4)

All other powers are linked to Armor (-1/4), note that this assumes you have a reason why your armor is not normaly on (Visible, if you maintain a SI is good for me)

Personaly I would allow the OIHID, instead of the above, but I would not allow the visible if the player chose to go with OIHID...

this toon is for a pseudo-galactic campaign, like a sort of champions 30000, with superhero and space travel

silva will be one who can travel without any space ship. so making not persistent at life support/silver form could be very "ugly" (enemy attack. she's' stunned. she's dead...)

Fair enough. So /just/ an EC for all powers wouldn't be apropriate (you could still put some in an EC, of course).

I'm guessing secret ID won't be a major consideration then, either. So, unless there's another way to qualify for OIHID, I'd say EC for those powes that fit, 'visible' (silver form) for those that don't, and all powers have the same F/X. As long as you're using any power, you're in the silver form. When you have all your powers turned off, you're not.

Fair enough. So /just/ an EC for all powers wouldn't be apropriate (you could still put some in an EC, of course).

I'm guessing secret ID won't be a major consideration then, either. So, unless there's another way to qualify for OIHID, I'd say EC for those powes that fit, 'visible' (silver form) for those that don't, and all powers have the same F/X. As long as you're using any power, you're in the silver form. When you have all your powers turned off, you're not.

Or... well....

today i was thinking...

what about "reverse problem"?

i mean:

we are arguing for normal looking girl who turn silver; why not a silver girl who can turn "normal"? and maybe this "turning normal" power has a side effect of some sort...?

ok ok, i'm tweaking it a lot >_<