Question on AutoFire HKA?

ArchLight

I have a character with a 2D6 HKA Auto fire with STR it could be 4D6 and was not sure on how the STR applies. It looked on first read that you got your +STR for all of your shots. But I was not certain since I could see the potential for very larger numbers of shots and wondered if the STR needed to be bought Auto fire as well to keep up. Granted the STR cost in END could be aweful and self limiting.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Question on AutoFire HKA?

It doesn't work that way.If your character has 30STR,then he could add +6DC to his HKA,Assuming a 5 shot autofire,the character would do 3d6+1 Kiliing Damage with his autofire HKA.To do 4D6 Killing Damage with his Autofire HKA would require the character to have purchased the Autofire Advantage for his STR.

Well, not exactly. IIUC, if he has an attack that's based on STR, such as an HKA, then he can use his STR to deal extra damage. However, he has to use a proportional amount of STR to the Advantage, per Fantasy HERO. Mind, that's for Heroic settings, but I would assume SH settings don't fundamentally differ in this regard.

The character in the example has 45 STR and I did buy Autofire (3 shots on both) to be sure I was legal I was just wanting to make sure I did this right. Using the builder program it said it would be 4D6 with STR so I then was not sure if iI was doing this right or spending points I did not need to for this affect?

Recently I started making a Mega villain with a 4D6 HKA Autofire 2 shots AKA left arm and right arm but realised I did not buy Auto fire on the STR. At this point I figured I should check and make sure I was doing this right.

I understand that an HKA with advantages is more than 15 points per D6 and the STR active points needs to match the active points per D6 HKA. The second example the HKA is 75 points and the villain has 80 STR. So he can match the HKA point for point.

I think you've both got the right angle here. Put in a way that makes the math a smidge more visible and bridges the gap:

Consider the STR on an HKA to be an equal amount of "free" AP added to the power. So, your 30 STR character with a 2d6 HKA gets bumped to 4d6 HKA (an extra 6 DC, or 30 Active Points of power).

On the other hand, if it's an Autofire HKA, given 5 shots, then you get 3d6+1 - an extra 4 DC, or an extra 20 base points with a +1/2 Advantage, for 30 bonus Active Points.

However! If you've bought your *STR* Autofire as well (say, your FX is punching really fast, and sometimes using claws, rather than just having a sword that you can swing really really fast), then you've got the advantage already factored in, and you get the full 4d6 again.

So, like I said, I think you're both saying the same thing, just in slightly different ways.

The character in the example has 45 STR and I did buy Autofire (3 shots on both) to be sure I was legal I was just wanting to make sure I did this right. Using the builder program it said it would be 4D6 with STR so I then was not sure if iI was doing this right or spending points I did not need to for this affect?

Given *that* example... I think you're spending points you don't need to. Try dropping the Autofire from STR in your build program, it shouldn't have any effect on the damage of the HKA (and, if you use the points to buy it up to 5 shots, you should still have the same result - 45 points of STR = 30 STR with +1/2 worth of Autofire.)

You don't need to add Autofire to your STR.

If you do not add Autofire to STR the amount of STR you can use to increase a Killing Attack is prorated: if you have a +1/2 Advantage on your HKA it takes 7.5 points of STR to add 1 Damage Class (or 22.5 Points of STR to add 1D6 Killing). It does NOT round, so you really need 8 STR to add that 1st Damage Class, 15 STR to add 2 Damage Classes. and so on.

If you buy Autofire for your STR, you've paid the points to add STR "normally" to the Attack (i.e. 5pts per Damage Class).

I have a character with a 2D6 HKA Auto fire with STR it could be 4D6 and was not sure on how the STR applies. It looked on first read that you got your +STR for all of your shots. But I was not certain since I could see the potential for very larger numbers of shots and wondered if the STR needed to be bought Auto fire as well to keep up. Granted the STR cost in END could be aweful and self limiting.

Thanks in advance.

Is this intended to be a weapon or a natural ability?

Either way, it doesn't have to have a huge END cost.

74 (Total: 78 Active Cost, 74 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1) (67 Active Points) (Real Cost: 67) plus Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 45 Active Points of STR (11 Active Points); Linked (Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand; -1/2) (Real Cost: 7)

On the first example its a whip.

The second its just a great big strong Brick who just punches twice. HKA Auto fire 2 shots.

No it does not have to be that END costly and you have nearly nailed the power i built but i added +1 stun and half END.

Thanks all I suspected I had the right idea and had spent more to make sure I was legal. The first was a hero version 4 character I had converted from 14 years ago.

On the first example its a whip.

The second its just a great big strong Brick who just punches twice. HKA Auto fire 2 shots.

No it does not have to be that END costly and you have nearly nailed the power i built but i added +1 stun and half END.

Thanks all I suspected I had the right idea and had spent more to make sure I was legal. The first was a hero version 4 character I had converted from 14 years ago.

re: a great big strong Brick who just punches twice.

Sweep is your friend. :D