Random Character Design Forum

winterhawk

I was bored and noodling around with the Random Character Generator from Champions and the Random Origin Generator from the late, lamented ezhero and came up with this odd fellow:

Unknown

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
15 DEX 15
18 CON 16
13 BODY 6
23 INT 13
23 EGO 26
23 PRE 13
10 COM 0
14 PD 5
13 ED 3
4 SPD 15
11 REC 8
36 END 0
30 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 125

Cost Power END
22 Power Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +9d6 (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Chose -1/2 Limitation (Activation 14-, OIF, IAF, etc) (-1/2) 4
15 Deadly Aim: Find Weakness 12- (Single Attack)
10 Toughness: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)
18 Combat Protection: Armor (6 PD/6 ED)
15 Ducking & Dodging: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel)
10 Swift: 5" Running 1
20 Flying: Flight 10" 2
15 Heightened Awareness: Enhanced Perception (+5 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)
5 Heat-Sight: Infrared Perception
10 Unstoppable Perception: N-Ray Perception (Choose Sense Group and nature of power)
15 Radar Sense: Radar
Powers Cost: 155

Cost Skill
5 Defense Maneuver: I-II
3 Bribery 14-
3 Bugging 14-
3 Bureaucratics 14-
5 Conversation 15-
3 Criminology 14-
7 Deduction 16-
3 Interrogation 14-
2 AK: Campaign Area 11-
2 CK: Campaign CIty 11-
3 Persuasion 14-
3 Shadowing 14-
3 Streetwise 14-
10 Personality/Background Skills (player's Choice)
Skills Cost: 55

Cost Talent
15 Combat Sense 14-
Talents Cost: 15

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
15 Hunted: Personal Enemy 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, Harshly Punish
15 Hunted: Someone Related to Past 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, Harshly Punish
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Versus Killing Common, Total
15 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of [Group of Choice] Common, Strong
10 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful or Self-Destructive (player's choice) Uncommon, Strong
20 Psychological Limitation: Pacifist, Refuses To Injure Or Harm Others Very Common, Strong
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Frequently (11-), Major
30 Vulnerability: 2x STUN Phyiscal or Energy Attacks (player's choice) Very Common
10 DNPC (choose appropriate circumstances) or Destitute or Unluck 2d6 (player's choice)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

The basis of his origin is that his powers stem from a Magical Focus that he stole for a noble purpose. So I ask the august panel, who is this guy (or gal) and what's his deal? Given the stats and the basic background, what can you come up with? If this draws any responses, I have a few other randomly generated guys we can kick around...

I'll see what myself and the group can come up with. Although, I'm leaning towards a martial artist background.... maybe some sort of Westerner land developer / engineer that spent a little too much time in the orient? Just off the top off my head.....

BTW, where can I get issues of ezhero, since it's no longer being produced?

Originally posted by Syberdwarf2

I'll see what myself and the group can come up with. Although, I'm leaning towards a martial artist background.... maybe some sort of Westerner land developer / engineer that spent a little too much time in the orient? Just off the top off my head.....

BTW, where can I get issues of ezhero, since it's no longer being produced?

I dunno but ask Dave Mattingly. He contacted me several months ago to sign some work I did in ezHERO over to DOJ so that they could release a "Best of ezHERO" IIRC, but I havent heard anything since....

Hmm... this character's powers are fairly combat oriented, but his skill set is more reflective of being an operative within some kind of investigative or intelligence-gathering agency.

Given his origin seed, my suggestion would be that he was an agent for a secret government operation to acquire artifacts of mystic power. He stumbled onto the fact that the head of this agency has gone rogue and is attempting to gather items that will imbue him with godlike might. Lacking proof of his suspicions, the agent steals an artifact which he has learned is key to the would-be master villain's plot; but the artifact grafts itself to his body, granting him super powers.

Now that I think on it, considering that his powers include formidable perceptual abilities, it might make sense that he was transformed when first finding the artifact, and these powers allowed him to learn the truth of what his boss was up to.

He's a pacifist with a Code vs. Killing, so I could imagine that in the course of this scenario, he was responsible (maybe accidentally) for the death of one of his colleagues. The other members of his former agency may be Hunting him to "bring him to justice", as is his former boss in a super-powered guise, who wants to take the artifact back.

Let's take a look at that power suite again: combat abilities, swift running and Flight, enhanced senses... how about making the item that transformed the character an amulet with the Eye of Horus upon it, granting this guy some of the powers of that Egyptian hawk deity? The head of the agency could possess another artifact empowered by Set, Horus's nemesis. He might be searching for amulets with the powers of other Egyptian gods, which together would give him the might of the entire pantheon.