Need help with a name please...

dei1c3

So, my wife is giving Champions a try for the first time (actually, the whole group other than me, the GM, are new to HERO but not RPG). Her character started out as a kind of homage to Colossus (because she knows he's my favorite comic character...ain't she sweet?), but as we've discussed the concept back and forth, she's decided that rather turning into a being of solid metal, her character will become liquid metal.

We've got a working list of powers so far (stretching, desolid for getting through cracks, damage reduction (physical but energy), etc...) and a nice background/origin story. But we're totally failing on a name. And thus, I turn to you fine and creative people for help.

So far she's rejected the following:

- Anything with "Quicksilver" in it

- Viscosity

- Metallica (although another "feminization" of the word metal might work)

- Liquid (she's afraid a friend of ours will call her "Lick" for short

So far we're leaning towards Mercuria, but only by default...we're not that high on it.

Are there other liquid metals besides Mercury? Other properties that might make sense as a basis? Something obvious I am missing?

Any and ALL help is most appreciated.

Chris

I was curious about the 'Other liquid metals' , because I honestly didn't know. A web search revealed that you're getting into some pretty cool cutting edge real world tech here. :)

As for possible names, just off the top of my head:

Argent (Yes, there is a high tech villain organization in the official Champions Universe with this name as well, that sort of confusion could be good or bad depending on a GMs wants)

Shift

Flow

Argenflow (Why not mix?)

Mold (As in, "they broke the")

The character idea is certainly more conducive to “male†sounding names, but here are a couple of ideas, some serious, some not (although you may use one of those anyway):

1. Drop the “c†and make it Metallia

2. Another liquid metal is gallium. You could do the Legion of Superheroes thing and call her Gallium Girl or Gal.

3. Metalmorph (if she has any changing powers)

4. Alloy

5. Flux v. To become fluid; To flow; stream.

I hope these ideas will help.

:D

Originally posted by dei1c3

We have a winner!!

I read off your suggestions to her and she likes Metallia (although dropping 1 of the l's) with a secret id firt name of Talia.

Works for me...works for her. Much thanks.

Chris

Glad I could offer something she liked. I just have one question: Doesn't Talia sound an awful lot like Metalia? Won't everyone be able to put 2 and 2 together, and figure out who she is? Oh, that's right, this is the comics. NO one will ever guess. Enjoy the gaming. :D