Request: A few sample chars

Zed-F

I'm dreaming up a campaign setting and have come up with a set of limitations for character generation that I think would work out. Taking a look around I see there are a few threads already where people have generated characters, so I'd like to do the same here. If you want to make this a "challenge" format, that's fine with me, but all ideas are welcome. Also, if you have suggestions as regards to playbalancing aspects of the character ability guidelines, let me know -- it's more-or-less a scaled down version of the low-powered superhero guidelines with some additional restrictions to encourage rounded PCs and keep the threat level posed by normal weapons fairly high.

Here's the campaign format [uPDATED, v1.1]:

Very Low-powered superheroic campaign. Potentially gritty/realistic but not overly so (e.g. Bronze age comics - alternately, Dark Champions:TAS, conspiracy, or post-apocalyptic.) PCs should generally try to "do the right thing" but may find themselves in morally ambiguous situations. Typical opponents will be organized and disorganized crime, with potential for conspiracies, espionage, etc, as well. Plot scale limited to events affecting home city (no saving the world) though PCs may occasionally interact with higher-level heroes & organizations.

PCs are built as follows:

• Base Points: 100
  • Max Disads: 100
  • Max Disad Category: 50
  • Total: 200

Typical PC Ability Guidelines:

• Char: 10-30 (Max 60 STR/PRE)
  • SPD: 3-6
  • Base CV: 6-10
  • DCs: 6-10 (Max base DCs for any attack of 12, linked/multiple attacks may not exceed 12 DCs of STUN/BODY damage)
  • Act Pts 30-50 (Max 60 APs in any single power, excepting GM approval)
  • Skill Pts 25-80
  • Skill Roll 8-14
  • Def/rDef 10-15/6-10 (Max rPD/rED of 10, Max total 60 AP in defense powers, talents, & figured stats beyond those derived from primary stats)

What I'm looking for:

• Some Independent Hero NPCs - should be built according to same rules as PCs, and generally be fairly well-rounded
  • Some Independent/Flunky Villain NPCs - built at about the same power level as the PCs but don't have to be well-rounded
  • A couple Mastermind Villain NPCs - built at the Standard Hero power level (350 pts), should be well-rounded

Unfortunately I don't have HeroDesigner but I may post some of my own ideas at some point as I flesh them out.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Here's a thought to get the ball rolling:

Heroine w/light-based powers, significant use of Images power

No-one likes the idea of 200-pt. supers? I would have expected some comments on the campaign format then...

If you feel the campaign restrictions I included above are too limiting, but want to contribute, please go ahead and ignore them and build a 200 pt. character as you see fit. Or comment on the campaign format. :)

I'd ditch the "hard" rule about letting Bricks buy extra strength, and limit people to paying 50 points into characteristics. Then, just "advise" that nobody who isn't a brick should have STR over 30, without good reason.

Since DEX is already limited, why is Base CV limited as well, since it comes directly from Dex?

I would really reconsider counting in the total DCs on linked attacks toward the DC limit. That makes Multipowers and Linked abilities pretty much nonviable. If you want to avoid having a bunch of linked powers that are too strong together, I advise you say that the DC cap drops by one for every doubling of the number of linked powers. IOW:

DC 12 Attack

2 Linked DC 11 Attacks

3-4 Linked DC 10 Attacks

I'm assuming nobody will need over 5 linked attacks

If you are limiting multiple power attacks, then I'd suggest you use the same rule. If you are saying your houserule counts Multipowers as DC = the total DC of the attacks in it, I suggest you drop it. A multipower with two DC 6 attacks sucks compared to a single DC 12 power.

Finally, I would change your rule on max AP for defensive powers. That is a bit too complex, and favors PCs with higher STR and Con scores. If I were you, I'd drop the limits in favor of simply setting Def/rDef limits.

I'd like to wait and see what you think of these changes, but I run a 150 point supers game and some of my characters should be adaptable.

I'd like to wait and see what you think of these changes, but I run a 150 point supers game and some of my characters should be adaptable.

Sorry if I wasn't sufficiently clear earlier about what the restrictions entail. The Typical PC Ability Guidelines table is taken directly from FREd so I just used the same format. My interpretation is that these numbers are intended to represent a "normal" range into which most characters will fit, but there's certainly room for certain individuals to posess exceptional ability relative to the normal range, within certain fixed limits. For instance, I would expect most Bricks to have between 30 and 50 STR, with a maximum of 60, while most other chars would have 30 STR or less.

The only hard-and-fast restrictions are the ones I have added in parenthesis, which are intended to achieve the following:

• Character attacks will typically not exceed a given level so I know how much punishment villains need to be able to absorb. Obviously there will be exceptions (e.g. fast move-throughs with high STR chars) but they should be just that -- exceptions.
  • Defenses should not exceed levels where normal thugs in sufficient numbers don't pose a threat.

Basically, by implementing a 60 AP cap on most powers, with typical powers in the 30-50 AP range (leaving a little room for exceptional cases) this would hopefully acheive some consistency in regards to creating suitable challenges. Some of the restrictions I added need a bit of tweaking, however; for instance, the current limitations don't allow for is PRE-attack-based chars.

I would really reconsider counting in the total DCs on linked attacks toward the DC limit.

My intention was not to make linked or multiple attacks useless; rather, I worded it the way I did specifically to restrict the amount of STUN and BODY that an attack could do. If for instance, a character wanted to have, say, a 50 AP EB linked to a 50 AP flash attack and a 50 AP Drain ED, that would be fine. Just not a 50 AP EB linked to a 50 AP RKA or NND, thereby causing more damage than the opposition would be built to handle in one shot. Does that clarify matters?

Incidentally, that restriction doesn't really have anything to do with multipower frameworks -- just multiple attacks and linked attacks. In a multipower you could still have several 50 AP attacks if you wanted, as you would generally only be using one at a time or spreading points between several of them. I'll try to clean up the wording.

Finally, I would change your rule on max AP for defensive powers. That is a bit too complex, and favors PCs with higher STR and Con scores. If I were you, I'd drop the limits in favor of simply setting Def/rDef limits.

The problem I foresee with not including limits on the total AP of defensive powers is that opens the door to chars with lots of damage reduction, missile reflection, etc. such that they are basically invulnerable to normal attacks. A 30 AP attack should be viable in this setting, both for the villains and for the heroes -- it may not do a ton of damage, but it should still be felt.

I don't think just limiting PD/ED/rPD/rED would cut it. I thought the rule as stated was fairly straightforward. Do you have another suggestion?

I'll update the campaign rules above to clarify some of the restrictions.

Hi, Zed. I'm sorry your thread isn't going well. I have a character I can scale down to your point total. Ragdoll was a character I played in a Superhero game previously. She started as a solo hero/vigilante. She was woman that could absorb huge amounts of kinetic energy via a field that surrounded her body. Any body from a PD attack went into her END reserve, and she used it to power a 12 dice energy blast. But her 12D blast was at a 10x's END cost limitation. So, she could fire it at full strength once she had a full reserve, but once. Then she had to refill it. She spent a lot of her battles with street thugs, by pretending to 'walk' into punches, kicks, and contact swings of steel pipes.

She'd then 'turn on' her power and blast the thugs a few phases later. Ragdoll in her vigilante career has developed an 'undeserved' reputation by the underworld element as being a masochist (she isn't), but the nature of her powers means it 'looks' like she is. Something which annoys her to no end. If you like, I'd be happy to post her here for you. [offers]

[smiles, and waves]

Ragdoll.

Found HTML Hero, so here's the character in HTML format. It doesn't seem to be as nice as Hero Designer (at least as far as output goes) but it has the virtue of being free. :) ) Thanks to Killer Shrike for helping clean up the formatting.

Warg (Humanoid Form)
Val Char Cost
STR
DEX
CON
BODY
INT
EGO
PRE
COM
PD
ED
SPD
REC
END
STUN
Cost Powers and Talents END

Warg Form: Multiform (Monstrous Wolf), 250 Base pts (50 AP),
No Conscious Control: Accidental Change Only (-2), Reversion (to weaker,
-1/2), Costs END to Change (-1/2)
Tough Skin: Damage Resistance (8 PD, 8 ED)
Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY/Turn, 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2),
Extra Time (1 Turn, -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), No max regen (-0)
1/2 END Cost on 30 STR
+1" Running (Total 7")
LS: Immune to Microbial Toxins
Stability: 3" KB Resist, Requires STR roll at -1 (14-, -1/2)
Mutant Form: Multipower, 25 Active Pts, Restrainable (arms/hands, -1/2)
1.(u) Sledge Slam: 3d6 HA (9d6 w/ STR), 0 End Cost (+1/2), HA Lim (-1/2)
2.(u) Double Blow: 5d6 HA (11d6 w/STR), HA Lim (-1/2)
3.(u) Shiver Blow: 3d6 HA (7d6 w/ STR), Penetrating (+1/2), HA Lim(-1/2)
4.(u) Shockwave: 3d6 HA (7d6 w/STR), Explosive Cone (5"/11", +1/2),
Stun Only (-0), HA Lim (-1/2)
5.(u) Toxic Spray: 5d6 Sight Group Flash, No range (-1/2), Not against
Desolid (-1/4)
6.(u) Toxic Glob: 0d6+3 EB, NND (Fully Enclosed or LS: Microbe Toxins,
+1), Continuous (+1), Uncontrolled (Washes off, +1/2), Area Effect (4"
Radius, +1 1/4), 1/2 END Cost (+1/4), Cannot be bounced (-1/4),
Range Limited by STR (Thrown Attack, -1/4)
7.(u) Quad Charge: Leaping +15" (21" w/STR), Accurate, 1/2 END Cost
(+1/4), Forward movement only (-1). Note: Full move requires STR exert

0+1
2+1
2+1
2+1

1/Phase

Cost Skills and Perks Roll
Animal Handler (Canines)
Climbing
CK: Home City
CSL: +2 w/ HTH combat
KS(People): The Downtrodden
Language: Spanish (Basic)
Stealth
Streetwise
Survival (Urban)
13-
13-
11-

11-

13-
13-
11-
100+ Disadvantages
Accidental Change: when takes BODY damage (Uncommon, Always)
Distinctive Features: Hideous (Not Concealable, Extreme Reaction)
Physical: No fine manipulation (Frequently, Greatly)
Psych Lim: Multiform Amnesia (Uncommon, Total)
Psych Lim: Recluse -- Mistrustful of Others (Very Common, Minor)
Vulnerable: x2 Stun from Gas Attacks (Uncommon)
OCV:6 DCV:6 ECV:3 Phases:3, 6, 9, 12
Costs Char
Powers
Total
Disads
Base
Warg (Warg Form)
Val Char Cost
STR
DEX
CON
BODY
INT
EGO
PRE
COM
PD
ED
SPD
REC
END
STUN
Cost Powers and Talents END

Tough Skin: Damage Resistance (10 PD, 10 ED)
Dense Flesh: 50% Physical Damage Reduction (Resistant)
Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY/Turn, 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2),
Extra Time (1 Turn, -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), No max regen (-0)
1/2 END Cost on 30 STR
+7" Running (13" Total)
LS: Immune to Microbial Toxins
Size: 2" KB Resist
Scent Prey: Tracking: Normal Smell
Bite: 2d6 HKA (4d6 w/ STR), 1/2 END Cost (+1/4), Restrainable (-1/2),
Restricted target size (-1/4)
+15 PRE (Only for Presence Attacks, -1)

Cost Skills and Perks
CSL: +4 w/ Bite (Grab, Move Through, Strike)
+2 PER w/ all senses
100+ Disadvantages
Accidental Change: when not enraged or in combat (Common, Always)
Distinctive Features: Terrifying (Not Concealable, Extreme Reaction)
Enraged (In combat, go 14-, recover 11-)
Phys Lim: No Hands (Always, Fully)
Phys Lim: Animal Mentality; instincts dominate thought (Always, Fully)
Phys Lim: Limited language comprehension (Always, Greatly)
Phys Lim: Heavy (400 kg)
Psych Lim: Feral (Very Common, Total)
Social Lim: Menace to Society (Very Frequently, Severe)
OCV:8 DCV:8 ECV:3 Phases:3, 6, 9, 12
Costs Char
Powers
Total
Disads
Base
Background----------------Warg: Humanoid FormHeight: 6'Weight: 200kgHair: Colourless & PatchyEyes: Lime Green (no Iris/Pupil, Glowing)Skin: Pale Gray, streaked w/ Rust & stained w/ Algae Green secretions Appearance: As a humanoid, Warg is a remarkably ugly specimen. His head and neck are malformed, being little more than a cylindrical stump atop his shoulders, missing a nose, jaw, and obvious ears. Instead, he has a pair of large gill-like apertures at approximately neck-level on either side of his head, which act as combined ears, larynx, and breathing apparatus. His unusual breathing mechanism is quite efficient and provides ample oxygen for his muscles, but is relatively more exposed to hazardous gasses than a normal human's; additionally, Warg's voice is something akin to a loud but raspy stage whisper. Warg is quite stocky, has a barrel chest and is strongly muscled in his upper arms and legs, but his lower arms and legs bear further deformations. Warg's lower arms flare out like bell-bottomed pants, ending in large sledgehammer-like protrusions composed of a pair of extremely thick fingers and an opposable thumb, which are sufficient for grasping but too large and unwieldly for fine control. His lower legs flare out similarly and terminate in large, flat, oval-shaped pads for his feet; this doesn't affect his ability to walk, as the foot is flexible enough to not need an ankle -- in fact his whole body is flexible enough that he can charge on all fours at a fairly high velocity. Warg eats by spreading pretty much anything organic over himself and absorbing nutrients through his skin. He is mostly hairless, and what hair he does have is short, patchy, and colourless; instead of hair, Warg's body is covered with an algae-like slime waste that is naturally secreted from his pores. Aside from being visually disgusting, it also strongly smells like a combination of chemical waste and organic compost. He typically does not wear clothes other than some ragged cutoff jeans, being more comfortable without them.Personality: Reclusive and mistrustful, Warg has few enemies and fewer friends. Most people who know of his existence tend to keep a wide distance and let him have his space except in the case of dire necessity, which is fine by him. Warg knows that life is cheap and doesn't have many compunctions about hurting people, but he's not a killer by inclination. Quote: "Go away."Powers/Tactics: Warg may start with lobbing a Toxic Glob if outnumbered or facing a fast opponent, but prefers to close quickly to melee range. If he is having trouble hitting he may use Shockwave, or pick up something to make an area attack on a hex, or if he's getting nowhere with melee combat he may switch to Toxic Glob. If wounded for BODY damage, he will automatically switch to Warg form.Warg: Warg FormHeight: 4' Tall, 6' Long, 2' WideWeight: 400 kgHair: Gray/Brown FurEyes: Lime Green (no Iris/Pupil, Glowing)Skin: Pale Gray (covered w/ long fur)Appearance: In Warg form, Warg is a huge canine, generally similar to a wolf but about the size of a pony and very heavily built. He has ragged gray-brown fur covering most of his body, with pale gray skin, black nails, and a black nose. His head and jaws are disproportionately large, the fur around his mouth is stained with saliva, and a snarl displays some very impressive teeth.Personality: Feral dog. Raises hackles and snarls in warning at the slightest provocation, and will attack with sudden, lethal intent if that warning is ignored. Once all immediate threats are disposed of, will pursue any nearby prey exuding the scent of fear. Becomes confused when an attack comes from a non-obvious source, and will lash out at any nearby target of opportunity.Quote: "Grrrrrrrr…."Powers/Tactics: A straightforward and unsubtle killer, in combat picks a target and pursues it singlemindedly. Favours a Grab & Squeeze bite attack against stronger opponents, Move Through or Strike otherwise.Warg: GeneralBackground: Gary Lamonde never had much, nor much hope for more. He was born into a poor family which was always struggling to make ends meet, and his parents were often too busy or too tired from working to spend much time with him or his siblings. He was pretty much allowed to grow wild as a weed; his parents didn't enforce any rules concerning things like school attendance, so his education suffered. Things went from bad to worse; when he was 14 his father died, and since his mother couldn't support them both, she turned him out to fend for himself. The legacy of his misspent youth came back to haunt him, as without a trade or formal education, he found it difficult to get a job, and even when he did get one he could never keep it for long. Even the street gangs found little use for him, as he was reluctant to prey upon those even less fortunate than himself, and his meager abilities as a thief were not enough to justify the burden of providing for him. Ultimately, Gary wound up as one of society's homeless, what some would call human waste. He lived from day to day on what he could scrounge, beg, or steal, sleeping at night in any place that offered a convenient shelter. Since it seemed to him that society had turned its back on him, he turned his back on society; he rarely took advantage of any of the services for the homeless provided by various local charities, as it seemed to him that coming to rely entirely on handouts from others would be to surrender his last measure of self-respect. Still, he had hopes of making something of himself one day, and finding his place in the world. Then one day, that dream too was taken from him. He had been sleeping in an abandoned garbage dump with his dog, a stray which he had befriended, when an electrical storm came up. A bolt of lightning struck a pile of barrels near his sleeping area, bursting them and sending fluid splashing over both of them. The electrified contents of the barrels, which turned out to be toxic waste, caused a bizarre metamorphosis to take place, merging his being with that of his dog, and mutating the both of them still further. Gary, now known as Warg, had even more reason to retreat from society, and has staked out the junkyard as his home. Even the gangs respect his claim; he is quick to dispose of those that disturb the privacy of his domain frivolously, and seldom ventures outside of it. Campaign Use: As a hero, Warg is the reluctant champion of the destitute of his city, and only stands up for them because no-one else will. He recognizes that not all of them are worth helping or will appreciate his help, but those who make an honest effort to improve their lot have his grudging respect. He will work with a hero team mainly because disorder tends to prey on the downtrodden first. As a villain, he could be a neutral party forced into villainy by a stronger/more subtle villain, or he could just be angry at the world and not care about who gets in his way.

Hi. [smiles]

Ragdoll

10 STR (00)

18 DEX (24)

15 CON (10)

10 BOD (00)

10 INT (00)

11 EGO (02)

13 PRE (03)

12 COM (01)

5 PD (03)

4 ED (01)

4 SPD (12)

7 REC (04)

38 END (04)

35 STN (12)

-POWERS-

15 Elemental Control: Kinetic Absorbtion and Redirection

a 10 Absorbtion vs. PD attacks: 6D to END Reserve; Absorbtion can not go over END reserve maximum (-1/2).

b 20 Armor (Kinetic Absorbtion Field): 30 PD; Only protects up to amount rolled on absorbtion dice (-1/2).

c 9 Energy Blast (Kinetic Energy Redirection): 12D; Increased END x's 10 (-4).

d 3 Superleap (Kinetic Energy Redirection From Feet): 30"; No Non combat Multiple (-1/4), Increased END x's 10 (-4).

6 Kinetic Energy Storage: END reserve 60 END, 0 REC

6 Energy Dissapation Inserts for clothing: 5 ED Armor; IIF (-1/4).

-SKILLS-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Climbing 13-

3 KS: Sports Medicine 12-

4 PS: Fitness Center Owner 13-

3 AK: Chicago 12-

3 PS: Business 12-

1 KS: LAN games 8-

1 PS: LAN gamer 8-

1 KS: Fantasy Literature 8-

3 Persuasion 12-

1 Stealth 8-

1 TF: Horses

1 KS: Aikido 8-

3 Breakfall 13-

1 WF: Common Melee weapons

15 Martial Arts: Aikido

Martial Throw

Martial Grab

Defensive Strike

Martial Escape

4 +2" Running

1 +1" Swimming

-DISADVANTAGES-

20 DNPC: Siblings (Older Brother/Younger Sister); Normals, Unaware of Secret ID, Appear 8-

15 DNPC: Comatose Mother; Incompetant, Appear 8-

10 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Uncommon, Strong).

10 Rivalry: Local Fitness Center Owner; Professional, More Powerful, Seeks to outdo.

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major).

10 2D Unluck

05 Distinctive Features: Mutant; Not Concealable, Always Noticed, Only with Unusual Senses, Not Distinctive in some cultures.

05 Reputation: Masochistic Vigilante; 8-

Characteristics: 76

Skills: 55

Powers: 69

Disadvantages: 100

Total: 200

Combat Information Page

Character Name: WARG

Alternate Identities:

Player Name: Character Created by Zed-F

attachment.php?s=&postid=101723
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
30 STR 10 20 30 15- HTH Damage 6d6 END [1]
18 DEX 10 24 18 13- OCV 6 DCV 6
23 CON 10 26 23 14-
15 BODY 10 10 15 12-
8 INT 10 -2 8 11- PER Roll 11-
8 EGO 10 -4 8 11- ECV: 3
20 PRE 10 10 20 13- PRE Attack: 4d6
0 COM 10 -5 0 9-

14 PD 6 8 14   14 PD (8 rPD)
12 ED 5 7 12   12 ED (8 rED)
4 SPD 2.8 12 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
11 REC 11 0 11  
46 END 46 0 46  
42 STUN 42 0 42    
7" Running 6 2 7"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
6"/3"" Leaping 6 0 6"/21" 108 Total Characteristics Points
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 100
Disad Points: 100
Total Points: 200
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 7" [14" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (6") 6"/21"
V. Leap (3") 3"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Colourless & Patchy
Eye Color:  Lime Green (no Iris/Pupil, Glowing)
Height:  6' 0"
Weight:  200 lbs
Description:
Skin: Pale Gray, streaked w/ Rust & stained w/ Algae Green secretions

As a humanoid, Warg is a remarkably ugly specimen. His head and neck are malformed, being little more than a cylindrical stump atop his shoulders, missing a nose, jaw, and obvious ears. Instead, he has a pair of large gill-like apertures at approximately neck-level on either side of his head, which act as combined ears, larynx, and breathing apparatus. His unusual breathing mechanism is quite efficient and provides ample oxygen for his muscles, but is relatively more exposed to hazardous gasses than a normal human's; additionally, Warg's voice is something akin to a loud but raspy stage whisper. Warg is quite stocky, has a barrel chest and is strongly muscled in his upper arms and legs, but his lower arms and legs bear further deformations. Warg's lower arms flare out like bell-bottomed pants, ending in large sledgehammer-like protrusions composed of a pair of extremely thick fingers and an opposable thumb, which are sufficient for grasping but too large and unwieldly for fine control. His lower legs flare out similarly and terminate in large, flat, oval-shaped pads for his feet; this doesn't affect his ability to walk, as the foot is flexible enough to not need an ankle -- in fact his whole body is flexible enough that he can charge on all fours at a fairly high velocity. Warg eats by spreading pretty much anything organic over himself and absorbing nutrients through his skin. He is mostly hairless, and what hair he does have is short, patchy, and colourless; instead of hair, Warg's body is covered with an algae-like slime waste that is naturally secreted from his pores. Aside from being visually disgusting, it also strongly smells like a combination of chemical waste and organic compost. He typically does not wear clothes other than some ragged cutoff jeans, being more comfortable without them.

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 14 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 8  
Energy Defense 12 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 8  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 6 DCV: 6

Combat Skill Levels: +2 with HTH Combat
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
12 WARG Form: Multiform (250 Character Points in the most expensive form) (50 Active Points); No Conscious Control (Accidental Change Only) (-2), Reversion (-1/2), Costs END Only To Change (-1/2) 5
8 Tough Skin: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED)
7 Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)
Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).
7 Efficient Musculature: +0 STR, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (7 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
2 Life Support , Immunity: Microbe Toxins
4 Stable: Knockback Resistance -3" (6 Active Points); Requires A STR Roll (-1/4), Nonpersistent (-1/4)
17 Strength and Toxin Tricks: Multipower, 25-point reserve, all slots: (25 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)
1u
1) Sledge Slam: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
1u
2) Double Handed Slam: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6 (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
1u
3) Shiver Slam: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Penetrating (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
1u
4) Shockwave Slam: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Explosion (Cone -1 DC/2"; +1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
1u
5) Toxic Spray: Flash 5d6 (Sight Group) (25 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Does Not Work Against Desolidified Characters (-1/4)
1u
6) Toxic Glob: Energy Blast 1d6 (vs. NND), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), No Normal Defense Fully Enclosed or LS: Microbe Toxins (+1), Continuous (+1), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1 1/4) (25 Active Points); Beam (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)
1u
7) Quad Charge: Leaping +15" (6"/21" forward, 3"/3" upward) (Accurate), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Forward Movement Only (-1)
64 Total Powers Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
10 +2 with HTH Combat
2 Animal Handler (Canines) 13-
3 Climbing 13-
2 AK: Home City 11-
2 CuK: Downtrodden; Street People 11-
1 Language: Spanish (basic conversation)
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 13-
2 Survival (Urban) 11-
28 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
20 Accidental Change: Takes BODY Always (Uncommon)
25 Distinctive Features: Hideous (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Physical Limitation: No Fine Manipulation (Frequently; Greatly Impairing)
15 Psychological Limitation: Multiform Amnesia (Uncommon; Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Recluse (Very Common; Moderate)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Gas Attacks (Uncommon)
100 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 6' 0" Hair: Colourless & Patchy
Weight: 200 lbs Eyes: Lime Green (no Iris/Pupil, Glowing)
Appearance: Skin: Pale Gray, streaked w/ Rust & stained w/ Algae Green secretions

As a humanoid, Warg is a remarkably ugly specimen. His head and neck are malformed, being little more than a cylindrical stump atop his shoulders, missing a nose, jaw, and obvious ears. Instead, he has a pair of large gill-like apertures at approximately neck-level on either side of his head, which act as combined ears, larynx, and breathing apparatus. His unusual breathing mechanism is quite efficient and provides ample oxygen for his muscles, but is relatively more exposed to hazardous gasses than a normal human's; additionally, Warg's voice is something akin to a loud but raspy stage whisper. Warg is quite stocky, has a barrel chest and is strongly muscled in his upper arms and legs, but his lower arms and legs bear further deformations. Warg's lower arms flare out like bell-bottomed pants, ending in large sledgehammer-like protrusions composed of a pair of extremely thick fingers and an opposable thumb, which are sufficient for grasping but too large and unwieldly for fine control. His lower legs flare out similarly and terminate in large, flat, oval-shaped pads for his feet; this doesn't affect his ability to walk, as the foot is flexible enough to not need an ankle -- in fact his whole body is flexible enough that he can charge on all fours at a fairly high velocity. Warg eats by spreading pretty much anything organic over himself and absorbing nutrients through his skin. He is mostly hairless, and what hair he does have is short, patchy, and colourless; instead of hair, Warg's body is covered with an algae-like slime waste that is naturally secreted from his pores. Aside from being visually disgusting, it also strongly smells like a combination of chemical waste and organic compost. He typically does not wear clothes other than some ragged cutoff jeans, being more comfortable without them.

Personality: Reclusive and mistrustful, Warg has few enemies and fewer friends. Most people who know of his existence tend to keep a wide distance and let him have his space except in the case of dire necessity, which is fine by him. Warg knows that life is cheap and doesn't have many compunctions about hurting people, but he's not a killer by inclination.
Quote:"Go away"
Background: Gary Lamonde never had much, nor much hope for more. He was born into a poor family which was always struggling to make ends meet, and his parents were often too busy or too tired from working to spend much time with him or his siblings. He was pretty much allowed to grow wild as a weed; his parents didn't enforce any rules concerning things like school attendance, so his education suffered. Things went from bad to worse; when he was 14 his father died, and since his mother couldn't support them both, she turned him out to fend for himself. The legacy of his misspent youth came back to haunt him, as without a trade or formal education, he found it difficult to get a job, and even when he did get one he could never keep it for long. Even the street gangs found little use for him, as he was reluctant to prey upon those even less fortunate than himself, and his meager abilities as a thief were not enough to justify the burden of providing for him. Ultimately, Gary wound up as one of society's homeless, what some would call human waste. He lived from day to day on what he could scrounge, beg, or steal, sleeping at night in any place that offered a convenient shelter. Since it seemed to him that society had turned its back on him, he turned his back on society; he rarely took advantage of any of the services for the homeless provided by various local charities, as it seemed to him that coming to rely entirely on handouts from others would be to surrender his last measure of self-respect. Still, he had hopes of making something of himself one day, and finding his place in the world. Then one day, that dream too was taken from him. He had been sleeping in an abandoned garbage dump with his dog, a stray which he had befriended, when an electrical storm came up. A bolt of lightning struck a pile of barrels near his sleeping area, bursting them and sending fluid splashing over both of them. The electrified contents of the barrels, which turned out to be toxic waste, caused a bizarre metamorphosis to take place, merging his being with that of his dog, and mutating the both of them still further. Gary, now known as Warg, had even more reason to retreat from society, and has staked out the junkyard as his home. Even the gangs respect his claim; he is quick to dispose of those that disturb the privacy of his domain frivolously, and seldom ventures outside of it.
Powers/Tactics: Warg may start with lobbing a Toxic Glob if outnumbered or facing a fast opponent, but prefers to close quickly to melee range. If he is having trouble hitting he may use Shockwave, or pick up something to make an area attack on a hex, or if he's getting nowhere with melee combat he may switch to Toxic Glob. If wounded for BODY damage, he will automatically switch to Warg form.

Campaign Use: As a hero, Warg is the reluctant champion of the destitute of his city, and only stands up for them because no-one else will. He recognizes that not all of them are worth helping or will appreciate his help, but those who make an honest effort to improve their lot have his grudging respect. He will work with a hero team mainly because disorder tends to prey on the downtrodden first. As a villain, he could be a neutral party forced into villainy by a stronger/more subtle villain, or he could just be angry at the world and not care about who gets in his way.
Character created with Hero Designer (version 1.47)

Combat Information Page

Character Name: WARG Beast-form

Alternate Identities:

Player Name: Character Created by Zed-F

attachment.php?s=&postid=101723
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
30 STR 10 20 30 15- HTH Damage 6d6 END [1]
23 DEX 10 39 23 14- OCV 8 DCV 8
23 CON 10 26 23 14-
15 BODY 10 10 15 12-
8 INT 10 -2 8 11- PER Roll 13-
8 EGO 10 -4 8 11- ECV: 3
25 PRE 10 15 25/40 14- / 17- PRE Attack: 5d6 / 8d6
0 COM 10 -5 0 9-

15 PD 6 9 15   15 PD (10 rPD)
15 ED 5 10 15   15 ED (10 rED)
4 SPD 3.3 7 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
11 REC 11 0 11  
46 END 46 0 46  
42 STUN 42 0 42    
13" Running 6 14 13"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
6"/3"" Leaping 6 0 6" 139 Total Characteristics Points
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 100
Disad Points: 150
Total Points: 250
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 13" [26" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (6") 6"
V. Leap (3") 3"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Gray/Brown Fur
Eye Color:  Lime Green (no Iris/Pupil, Glowing)
Height:  6' 0"
Weight:  400 lbs
Description:
Height: 4' Tall, 6' Long, 2' Wide; Skin: Pale Gray (covered w/ long fur)

In Warg form, Warg is a huge canine, generally similar to a wolf but about the size of a pony and very heavily built. He has ragged gray-brown fur covering most of his body, with pale gray skin, black nails, and a black nose. His head and jaws are disproportionately large, the fur around his mouth is stained with saliva, and a snarl displays some very impressive teeth.

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 15 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 10  
Energy Defense 15 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 10  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 8 DCV: 8

Combat Skill Levels: +4 with Grab, Move Through, Strike
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
10 Tough Skin: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)
30 Dense Flesh: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%
7 Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)
Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).
7 Efficient Musculature: +0 STR, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (7 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
2 Life Support , Immunity: Microbe Toxins
4 Stable: Knockback Resistance -2"
5 Scent Prey: Tracking (Normal Smell)
6 Enhanced Perception (+2 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)
21 Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Limited Target Size (-1/4) 1
7 Scary: +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Offensive Use Only (-1)
99 Total Powers Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
12 +4 with Grab, Move Through, Strike
12 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
25 Accidental Change: Not Engraged or In Combat Always (Common)
25 Distinctive Features: Terrifying (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
25 Enraged: Combat (Common), go 14-, recover 11-
25 Physical Limitation: No Hands (All the Time; Fully Impairing)
25 Physical Limitation: Animal Mentality (All the Time; Fully Impairing)
5 Physical Limitation: Heavy (400 kg) (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Feral (Common; Total)
150 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 6' 0" Hair: Gray/Brown Fur
Weight: 400 lbs Eyes: Lime Green (no Iris/Pupil, Glowing)
Appearance: Height: 4' Tall, 6' Long, 2' Wide; Skin: Pale Gray (covered w/ long fur)

In Warg form, Warg is a huge canine, generally similar to a wolf but about the size of a pony and very heavily built. He has ragged gray-brown fur covering most of his body, with pale gray skin, black nails, and a black nose. His head and jaws are disproportionately large, the fur around his mouth is stained with saliva, and a snarl displays some very impressive teeth.

Personality: Feral dog. Raises hackles and snarls in warning at the slightest provocation, and will attack with sudden, lethal intent if that warning is ignored. Once all immediate threats are disposed of, will pursue any nearby prey exuding the scent of fear. Becomes confused when an attack comes from a non-obvious source, and will lash out at any nearby target of opportunity.

Quote:"GRRRRRRR"
Background: Gary Lamonde never had much, nor much hope for more. He was born into a poor family which was always struggling to make ends meet, and his parents were often too busy or too tired from working to spend much time with him or his siblings. He was pretty much allowed to grow wild as a weed; his parents didn't enforce any rules concerning things like school attendance, so his education suffered. Things went from bad to worse; when he was 14 his father died, and since his mother couldn't support them both, she turned him out to fend for himself. The legacy of his misspent youth came back to haunt him, as without a trade or formal education, he found it difficult to get a job, and even when he did get one he could never keep it for long. Even the street gangs found little use for him, as he was reluctant to prey upon those even less fortunate than himself, and his meager abilities as a thief were not enough to justify the burden of providing for him. Ultimately, Gary wound up as one of society's homeless, what some would call human waste. He lived from day to day on what he could scrounge, beg, or steal, sleeping at night in any place that offered a convenient shelter. Since it seemed to him that society had turned its back on him, he turned his back on society; he rarely took advantage of any of the services for the homeless provided by various local charities, as it seemed to him that coming to rely entirely on handouts from others would be to surrender his last measure of self-respect. Still, he had hopes of making something of himself one day, and finding his place in the world. Then one day, that dream too was taken from him. He had been sleeping in an abandoned garbage dump with his dog, a stray which he had befriended, when an electrical storm came up. A bolt of lightning struck a pile of barrels near his sleeping area, bursting them and sending fluid splashing over both of them. The electrified contents of the barrels, which turned out to be toxic waste, caused a bizarre metamorphosis to take place, merging his being with that of his dog, and mutating the both of them still further. Gary, now known as Warg, had even more reason to retreat from society, and has staked out the junkyard as his home. Even the gangs respect his claim; he is quick to dispose of those that disturb the privacy of his domain frivolously, and seldom ventures outside of it.
Powers/Tactics: A straightforward and unsubtle killer, in combat picks a target and pursues it singlemindedly. Favours a Grab & Squeeze bite attack against stronger opponents, Move Through or Strike otherwise.

Campaign Use: As a hero, Warg is the reluctant champion of the destitute of his city, and only stands up for them because no-one else will. He recognizes that not all of them are worth helping or will appreciate his help, but those who make an honest effort to improve their lot have his grudging respect. He will work with a hero team mainly because disorder tends to prey on the downtrodden first. As a villain, he could be a neutral party forced into villainy by a stronger/more subtle villain, or he could just be angry at the world and not care about who gets in his way.
Character created with Hero Designer (version 1.47)

Villain Team

EDIT

Feedback is welcome, and requested

Also, I made up "Chicago City Community College." If anyone has a real college in that area that would be appropriate, do tell.

EDIT

EDIT

I put the wrong martial art in the background, I just fixed it. Silly me.

Also, I fixed two errors on Captain Chaos's character sheet. He has 2d6 luck, but payed for 1d6; and the Randomize Form slot should cost 2, not 3.

EDIT

Here's a villain team you might be able to use. They're built on 100+50, no AP, DC, or whatnot limits, but without that many points they didn't get too powerful. You could probably just use them as written, or give them an extra fifty points and cut down a few of thier abilities. IIRC the things that don't fit your houserules:

Captain Chaos's multipower is 70 AP powers

Vim has a 65 STR, and depending on what you count in as defenses (Knockback Resistance, for example) is probably a bit over on AP of his defenses.

Jackhammer's Martial Art variant is homemade. I didn't design an entire style since she is just starting to use it, and has only 3 manuevers, 1 DC, and no levels.

Will-o'-Wisp, depending on whether you count Invisibility and Desolidification as defenses, could be way, way over your limits in her defenses.

EDIT

the formatting wound up a tad screwy. At the top of each section, I listed the order in which I put things.

EDIT

The Elite

Background: Late night at Chicago City Community College. Four professors were sitting in the faculty dinner room, drinking coffee, grading their students’ latest papers, and griping about things in general. Dr. Rail, from the Government department, Dr. Yu, from the Physics department, Professor Byron, from the Kinesiology department, and Professor Lee, from the Religion department. They didn’t have a lot in common, besides all being at the university. Rail was a tall, thin, serious African-American with a talent for bossing people around. Yu was a little and shy, but rather brilliant Asian man with a bad stutter. Byron was a extremely small young woman with a talent for Aikido, but only a limited aptitude for academia. Lee was a flakey southern girl with a irritating drawl, and no particular talents besides slacking off.

It was a boring, sleepy night, despite all the coffee. Talk got around to what each of them were doing, and when it came to Professor Lee’s turn, she started giving an explanation about this new crystal therapy to cure headaches, and to shut her up Rail told Yu to get something interesting. Yu didn’t want to talk but he really wanted to keep Lee quiet, so he grabbed an experiment he was running with a Van der Graff generator and some strange chemical compounds. He decided to demonstrate it to the others, so he brought it back with him, plugged it in, and started running it. Unfortunately, just as he was doing it, Professor Byron got up to run for some more coffee, and tripped over a wire. In a puff of smoke and flame, the chemicals exploded all over the four of them.

After they got done blaming each other, they realized they had acquired unique powers from the explosion. Rail had control over chaotic energies, Yu had mastery over force and kinetic energy, Byron had superhuman speed, and Lee had ghostly powers. They decided that this was their opportunity to finally inject some fun into their boring lives, and make some easy money while doing that. Calling themselves The Elite, they have started out on a crime spree throughout Chicago.

Tactics: Their tactics are relatively clever for new criminals, due to the fact that they possess the talented leadership of Dr. Rail, AKA Captain Chaos, and the intelligent advice of Dr. Yu. For a typical robbery, Captain Chaos will prepare by turning on his Chaos Armor, and take up a position with the designated getaway vehicle and a decent sniping position. Professor Lee, AKA Will-o’-wisp, will scout the area, report back, and then return in case she is needed to deal with threats. Occasionally, she will be used to take out isolated key targets, although her attack is not very potent. Dr. Yu, AKA Vim, will make a head-on attack, backed up by Captain Chaos from a distance. Professor Byron, AKA Jackhammer, will dash in and attack from behind, taking down dangerous opponents and working with Vim by knocking down fast foes so he can smash them. Will-o’-wisp attacks opponents inaccessible to the others, particularly targeting invisible foes or other desolidified characters. She isn’t aware that cold iron hurts her, and if someone figures it out and uses it on her, she’ll likely flee. Captain Chaos tries to be careful with his unpredictable powers, but isn’t above taking gambles as to the results if things get racy. If the battle turns against them, Vim will use his leaping to get behind the wheel of the car and drive off, with Captain Chaos firing out the back to discourage pursuit. Jackhammer will follow on foot and Will-o’-wisp will follow through the air, trying to stick close enough to help if need be. They have designated an abandoned warehouse as their rendezvous point, as well as a place to stash loot.

Appearance: Captain Chaos is a tall man in a clashing rainbow-colored outfit. Vim is an apparently small man in a suit of heavy blue-and-white armor. Jackhammer is a very small woman in a plain steel-grey suit of light, flexible armor, including a facemask. Will-o’-wisp is a average-looking woman with long red hair in a white spandex suit and mask.

Captain Chaos

Characteristics:

Cost Characteristic Value

-2 Strength 8

12 Dexterity 14

26 Constitution 23

0 Body 10

3 Intelligence 13

2 Ego 11

8 Presence 18

-1 Comeliness 8

5 Physical Defense 4/9*

3 Energy Defense 5/10*

16 Speed 4

0 Recovery 7

0 Endurance 46

0 Stun 26

* OIVID (-¼), Visible (-¼)

Combat and Roll Information:

OCV: 5

DCV: 5

ECV: 4

Combat Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

Strength Roll: 12

Dexterity Roll: 12

Constitution Roll: 14

Intelligence Roll: 12

Perception Roll: 12

Ego Roll: 11

Resistant Physical Defense: 12

Resistant Energy Defense: 11

Running Speed: 6"

Powers:

Cost Power

20 Chaotic Reality Warping: Multipower, 70-point reserve – Cannot Control Which

Slot He Changes To (-1), Slot Automatically “Reshuffles†Between Encounters (-0), No Conscious Control [variable elements of powers are chosen randomly when he changes slots] (-1), Doesn’t Know What Power He Has Until He Uses It (-½)

3u Chaos Bolt: 8d6 Energy Blast vs. PD – Variable Advantage (Explosion, Armor

Piercing, Invisible Power Effects (sight), 0 Endurance Cost) (+¾)

2u Impulses: 14d6 Mind Control – Target Cannot Be Made To Forget Actions (-¼),

Target Cannot Be Made To Think Actions Were Natural (-¼), Minimum Effect

EGO + 10 (-¼).

1 = Silly and Useless Action

2 = Dangerous Action

3 = Action That Takes Character Away

4 = Order to Attack Something

5 = Run Away As Fast As You Can

6 = Other

2u Randomize Form: 1d6+1 Major Transform – Improved Effect Group (Anything) (+1), Continuous (+1), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Must Complete Transformation Without Losing Concentration (-½), Cannot Create Objects Out Of Thin Air (-¼)

1 = Small Animal

2 = Large Animal

3 = Small Inanimate Object

4 = Large Inanimate Object

5 = Some Form Of Food

6 = Other

2u Toss Into the Ether: Teleport 1â€, No Relative Velocity – Safe Blind Teleport (+¼),Useable as Attack [Defense is Power Defense] (+1), Ranged (+½), Variable Advantages (Area of Effect: Radius, Fully Invisible, Megascale x1, Megascale x2) (+1¾), Variable Advantage (Megascaled x1, Megascale x2, Megascale x3) (+1¼), Cannot Teleport Target to Directly Dangerous Situations (-¾)

2u Curse: 5 Negative Combat Skill Levels, Ranged (+½), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), Variable Advantages (Explosion, Uncontrolled [2 turn duration, or any action that would traditionally negate bad luck, such as throwing a pinch of salt over one’s shoulder], Fully Invisible Special Effects) (+¾); OCV Only (-¼), Target May Make A Luck Roll To Decrease Effects [Effect Halved For Every Luck Level Rolled] (-½)

2u Call From the Ether: Summon 77-point Beings, x16 Beings – Improved Target Group (animals) (+½), Loyal (+½), Sometimes Summons Animals Built on Less Than 75 Points (-¾)

1 = Flying Animal (Bat, Raven/Crow, Songbird, Pteranadon)

2 = Aquatic Animal (Barracuda, Giant Clam, Plesiosaurus, Dolphin, Eel, School of Piranha)

3 = Insect (Stinging Insect Swarm, Spider)

4 = Dangerous Land Animal (Boar, Fox, Scorpion, Constrictor Snake, Venomous Snake)

5 = Large, Nondangerous Animal (Camel, Chimpanzee, Deer/Antelope)

6 = Small, Nondangerous Land Animal (Domestic Cat, Small/Medium Dog, Large/Hunting Dog, Monkey, Porcupine, Rabbit, Racoon, Squirrel)

3 Armor of Chaos: Armor, 3 PD/ 2 ED – Visible (-¼), Nonpersistent (-¼), Only Protects Against Attacks That Move Towards Him (-¼), Half-Phase to Activate (-¼)

12 Chaos Medallion: 3 Levels Combat Luck, OIVID (-¼), Visible (-¼)

3 Lucky Bastard: Luck 1d6, Not Regarding Multipower Selection (-½)

3 Mental Chaos: Mental Defense 8, Always On (-½)

Skills:

Cost Skill Roll

3 Bureacratics 13

12 Combat Skill Levels: +4 with Multipower N/A

3 KS: Governmental Studies 12

3 Oratory 13

3 Persuasion 13

Disadvantages:

Classification Disadvantage Roll Points

Psychological Limit Always Willing To Take Risks 15

Psychological Limit Superiority Complex 20

Secret ID: Leonard Rail, Chicago University Government Prof 15

Point Totals:

Total Cost of Characteristics: 72

Total Cost of Powers: 54

Total Cost of Skills: 24

Overall Character Cost: 150

Vim

Characteristics:

55 Strength 65

3 Dexterity 11

6 Constitution 13

-8 Body 6

8 Intelligence 18

-4 Ego 8

-5 Presence 5

-2 Comeliness 7

1 Physical Defense 11/16*

9 Energy Defense 3/17*

9 Speed 3

0 Recovery 14

0 Endurance 26

0 Stun 43

* OIVID (-¼), Visible (-¼)

OCV: 4

DCV: 4

ECV: 3

Combat Phases: 4, 8, 12

Strength Roll: 20

Dexterity Roll: 11

Constitution Roll: 12

Intelligence Roll: 13

Perception Roll: 13

Resistant Physical Defense: 15

Resistant Energy Defense: 14

Running Speed: 6"

Powers:

Cost Power

8 Iron Will: Mental Defense 10

5 Resistance: Power Defense 5

25 Super-Toughness: 9 PD/ 8 ED Armor

12 Heavy Armor Suit: 6 PD/ 6 ED Armor, OIVID (-¼), Visible (-¼)

4 Super-Leaping: 10†Leaping – Forward Only (-1), No Noncombat Leaping (-¼)

6 Stabilization: Knockback Resistance 3â€

3 Visor: Flash Defense (sight) 5

Skills:

Cost Skill Roll

6 Combat Skill Levels: +3 With Punch N/A

3 Deduction 13

3 Security Systems 13

3 SS: Physics 13

Disadvantages:

Distinctive Features: Looks Like A Nerd 10

Physical Limitation: Stutters 5

Physical Limitation: Needs Glasses/Contacts [built into armor] 5

Psychological Limitation: Coward At Heart 15

Secret ID: Yusuke Yu, Chicago University Physics Professor 15

Point Totals:

Total Cost of Characteristics: 72

Total Cost of Powers: 63

Total Cost of Skills: 15

Jackhammer

Characteristics:

15 Strength 25

39 Dexterity 23

6 Constitution 13

2 Body 11

-2 Intelligence 8

-4 Ego 8

-2 Presence 8

-1 Comeliness 8

0 Physical Defense 5

1 Energy Defense 3/5*

27 Speed 6

0 Recovery 8

0 Endurance 26

0 Stun 31

*OIVID (-¼), Visible (-¼)

OCV: 8

DCV: 8

ECV: 3

Combat Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

Strength Roll: 14

Dexterity Roll: 14

Constitution Roll: 12

Intelligence Roll: 11

Perception Roll: 11

Resistant Physical Defense: 13

Resistant Energy Defense: 13

Running Speed: 17"

Powers:

Cost Power

6 Flexible Armored Costume: 3 PD/ 3 ED Armor – OIVID (-¼), Visible (-¼)

2 Fleet Feet: +1†Running

5 Speedy Thinking: Mental Defense 7

15 Super-Speed: Elemental Control, 15 Points

12a Hyper-Running: +10†Running – 0 Endurance Cost (+½), No Noncombat

Movement (-¼)

6b Dodging: 10 PD/ 10 ED Force Field – 0 Endurance Cost (+½); Not Vs.

Area Effect Attacks (-½), Restrainable (-½), Must Be Aware and Able To Dodge

(-½)

Skills:

Cost Skill Roll

3 Acrobatics 14

3 Contortionist 14

1 KS: Jujutsu 8

Martial Arts: High-Speed Jujustsu Variant

Cost Name OCV DCV Effect

5 High-speed Throw +2 -2 STR+2d6+v/5, FMove, Target Falls, You

Fall, ½Move Minimum

3 Deflection Slam +2 +0 Block, Abort, Target Falls

4 Jackhammer Smash -2 -2 1d6+1K, Time+, Unbalancing, Must Follow

Successful Knockdown

4 +1 DC

Disadvantages:

Physical Limitation: Short (4â€8) 5

Psychological Limit Impulsive 15

Psychological Limit Napoleon Complex 15

Secret ID: Linda Byron, Chicago University Kinesiology Prof 15

Point Totals:

Total Cost of Characteristics: 81

Total Cost of Powers: 46

Total Cost of Skills: 23

Will-o’-wisp

Characteristics:

-2 Strength 8

-6 Dexterity 8

-4 Constitution 8

-4 Body 8

3 Intelligence 13

8 Ego 14

-5 Presence 5

-1 Comeliness 8

0 Physical Defense 2

0 Energy Defense 2

12 Speed 3

0 Recovery 4

0 Endurance 16

0 Stun 16

OCV: 3

DCV: 3

ECV: 8

Combat Phases: 4, 8, 12

Strength Roll: 11

Dexterity Roll: 11

Constitution Roll: 11

Intelligence Roll: 12

Perception Roll: 12

Ego Roll: 12

Resistant Physical Defense: -

Resistant Energy Defense: -

Running Speed: 6â€

Powers:

Cost Power

30 Ghostly Powers: Elemental Control, 30-point pool

24a Ghost Body: Desolidification [still affected by cold iron] – 0 Endurance Cost

(+½); Linked to Ghostly Mind (-¼)

30b Ethereal Invisibility: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing, No Fringe – 0 Endurance Cost (+½)

20c Ghostly Flight: Flight 20†– 0 Endurance Cost (+½); No Noncombat Movement (-¼), Cannot Fly While Solidified (-¼)

7d Ghostly Terror: +60 Presence – Only to Make Terror-Based Presence Attacks (-1), Costs Endurance (-½), x2 Endurance (-½), Requires Full Phase Instead of Zero Phase (-¾), Incantations (-¼)

12e Aging Touch: 1½d6 Hand-to-Hand Attack (3d6 with Strength) – Affects Desolid (+2), 0 Endurance Cost (+½), BOECV (OECV vs. DCV, Mental Defense resists) (+1), Does Body (+1), Penetrating (+½), Invisible Power Results to Hearing and Smell/Taste (+1), Invisible Power Effects to Sight (+½); Hand to Hand Attack (-½), Only Useable Against A Solid Character While Desolidified (-½), Proportionately Reduced by Resistance to Aging (-½)

7 Ghostly Mind: Mental Defense 18 – Linked to Ghost Body (-½), Affected As Though In Elemental Control (-½)

11 Ghost Vision: Detect Invisible Beings, Targeting, Sense, Ranged - Linked to Ghost Body (-½), Affected As Though In Elemental Control (-½)

Skills:

Cost Skill Roll

3 Concealment 11

4 KS: Religion 13

1 Lipreading 8

Disadvantages:

Psychological Limit Flake 5

Psychological Limit Lazy 10

Secret ID: Betty Sue Lee, Chicago University Religion Prof 15

NCM Normal Characteristic Maxima 20

Point Totals:

Total Cost of Characteristics: 1

Total Cost of Powers: 141

Total Cost of Skills: 8

OK, I decided to make one for ya too.

Runaround Sue

15 STR 05

24 DEX 42

20 CON 20

12 BDY 04

13 INT 03

11 EGO 02

15 PRE 05

18 COM 04

10 PD 07

10 ED 05

06 SPD 26

10 REC 04

40 END 00

30 STN 00

total:127

Powers, Skills, Talents:

23 +9" Running, x4NCV (15"/60")

30 MP: Speed Stunts

2u Ram: +3d6HA, x2KB (+3/4), 1/2END (+1/4), HTH (-1/2)

2u Rabbit Punch: +4d6HA, Autofire 3 shots (+1/4), 1/2END (+1/4), HTH (-1/2)

2u +6DCV, Costs END (-1/2)

3 +1 Level w/MP attacks

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Conversation 12-

3 CK: Campaign City 12-

2 KS: Shortcuts 11-

---

73 Total Powers, Skills, Talents

Disadvantages:

15 Secret ID

15 Hunted by Local PD (NCI, Limited Area, MoPow) 11-

15 DNPC (Mother, Incompetant Normal) 8-

10 Vulnerable: 2x Stun from Sonics (uncommon)

10 Destitute

10 Reputation: Small Fry Super Criminal 11-

15 Psych: Protective of the Elderly and weak (Common, Moderate)

10 2d6 Unluck

---

100 + 100 Base = 200 = Powers 73 + Chars 127

Background:

Sue Oberhausen lives in a poor area of the campaign city with her disable mother. Her mother's medication is expensive, and as a young college student, her earning potential is small. She barely manages to make ends meet between her mother's disability checks, and her minimum wage job. Aside from working in fast food and office temp work, Sue used to volunteer herself as a test subject at her college. When she tested a new health drink, her body reacted strangely. She gained a LOT bigger energy boost than the manufacturers ever imagined. In need of money to support her mother's care, she took a job as a courier. It wasn't until after she was arrested that she found out exactly who she was working for, a local crime syndicate. Her need for cash, the inability to get a good job with her record, and not so subtle threats to her mother's welfare all keep her in line, with just enough money to pay for her mother's medical care, and on a good week, to eat.

Powers/Tactics:

Sue runs. That's pretty much it. If confronted, she'll bolt, using her all out dodge. If she has to, she'll use one of her HTH attacks to attempt to clear her way.

Personality/Motivation:

Sue is basically good at heart, and won't do anything to seriously harm someone, regardless of pressure applied, she just doesn't have the heart for it. However, she's in a bad situation and can't see a way out. She'd be a good candidate for reform, if her mother's safety could be assured.

Quote:

"Comin' through!"

Appearance:

Sue is a very attractive young lady in her late teens or early 20's, with auburn hair and green eyes. She generally wears atheltic clothes, and her shoes always look very well-worn (another thing that keeps her in the poor house, new shoes every other week...).

Ht: 5' 6" Wt: 125 lbs.

Notes:

Sue doesn't meet the point minimum for skills, as she lacks life experience. Her Ram attack can require a half move, though the limitation wasn't included in the write up for simplicity; the attack represents hitting someone at speed with her shoulder. She doesn't have a Watched for the crime syndicate, instead using the Police hunted and Unluck to represent her current situation. This makes it easy for her to start making a change in her life (by not having to buy off the limitation) by simple roleplaying. Until she shrugs off the yoke of her criminal superiors, she should be considered to have a low-level Watched and Subject to Orders limitations.

Here's another one...

Gator Boy

30 STR 20

18 DEX 24

25 CON 30

12 BDY 04

08 INT -2

08 EGO -4

10 PRE 00

04 COM -3

15 PD 09

10 ED 05

04 SPD 12

11 REC 00

50 END 00

40 STN 00

total: 95

Powers/Skills/Talents:

10 Gator Chomp: 1/2D6 HKA (1d6 w/STR)

07 Gator Tail Slap: +2d6 HA. HTH (-1/2) (8d6 w/STR)

15 Gator Hide: Armor +5PD/+5ED

10 Reptilian Mind: +10 MD (12 MD Total)

05 Gator Tail: Extra Limb (Tail)

07 Gators are Scary: +10 PRE, Not for PRE-Skills or Rolls (-1/2)

03 Gators Hold Their Breath GOOD: LS: Extended Breathing

08 Gator Swimming: +8" Swimming (10" Total)

03 Gators are More Graceful in Water: Environmental Movement, Water

06 Gator Dash: +3" Running (9" Total)

05 Stealth 14-

05 Shadowing 12-

05 AK: Sewers 14-

03 Breakfall 13-

03 Climbing 13-

10 +2 Levels w/Hand to Hand

----

105 Total

Disadvantages:

25 Distinctive Features: Humanoid Alligator (Not Conc., Extreme Reaction)

35 Berserk if Injured in Combat go 11-, recover 11-

20 Phys: Mute (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)

10 Destitute

10 Vuln: 1.5X STUN from Heat- and Cold-Based attacks

----

100 + 100 Base = 105 PST + 95 CHAR

Background:

Not even Gator Boy knows his true origin. Gator Boy lives in the sewers under the city, emerging at night to hunt. He protects the street people in exchange for food. He's pretty calm and peaceful-minded, but also relies on his instincts quite a bit, and has a tendancy to go berserk in combat.

Powers/Tactics:

Gator Boy only knows two tactics: All-out offense, ane running like heck. He usually opts for the first. He doesn't like the taste of human flesh, so usually uses his tail to attack, unless berserk. (He'll attack most small animals with his bite, then eat them, up to and including small dogs, cats, and rats. He especially likes pigeon, but those are hard to catch.)

Appearance:

Five foot tall, very wide humanoid alligator. Not much to see here, move along.