Insane Formula

gojira

Here's a formula RobertP requested. Some of you might also be working on 6e stuff, I thought I'd post it here.

The basic idea is to give more granularity to stats. Here's the formula Robert wanted:

Char		Result
0		0d6
1		0d6
2		0d6+1
3		0.5d6
4		1d6-1
5		1d6
6		1d6
7		1d6+1
8		1.5d6
9		2d6-1
10		2d6
11		2d6
12		2d6+1
13		2.5d6
14		3d6-1
15		3d6
16		3d6
17		3d6+1
18		3.5d6
19		4d6-1
20		4d6

Here's the OO formula to do it:

=IF(MOD(A46;5)=1;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6");IF(MOD(A46;5)=2;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6+1");IF(MOD(A46;5)=3;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");".5d6");IF(MOD(A46;5)=4;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6-1");IF(MOD(A46;5)=0;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6");"xx")))))

And in code tags:

=IF(MOD(A46;5)=1;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6");IF(MOD(A46;5)=2;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6+1");IF(MOD(A46;5)=3;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");".5d6");IF(MOD(A46;5)=4;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6-1");IF(MOD(A46;5)=0;CONCATENATE(TEXT(ROUNDDOWN((A46+1)/5);"0");"d6");"xx")))))

Robert reminded me that A46 is the cell I used for testing. Replace that cell with your own cell, what ever cell it happens to be on your spreadsheet.

Have fun. :D

Re: Insane Formula

Here's a formula RobertP requested. Some of you might also be working on 6e stuff, I thought I'd post it here.

The basic idea is to give more granularity to stats. Here's the formula Robert wanted:

Robert reminded me that A46 is the cell I used for testing. Replace that cell with your own cell, what ever cell it happens to be on your spreadsheet.

Have fun. :D

you or Robert could post the spreadsheet?

(you may have to zip it first.

It is not finished yet and the reason it is being made in the first place is due to the fact that I have changed the RAW quit a bit for character creation so I wanted to make life easier for my players and it will not suit most Hero players but I will post it once I finish it if there is demand :D

It is not finished yet and the reason it is being made in the first place is due to the fact that I have changed the RAW quit a bit for character creation so I wanted to make life easier for my players and it will not suit most Hero players but I will post it once I finish it if there is demand :D
I just want to have a gander at the formular. I also don't want to type in all the extra data just to see it 'work'. ;)

Or one could simply apply brain cells.

Every 5 = +1d6. I would then use:

+1 = +1 STUN

+2 = +1/3d6 STUN, +1 BOD on a 6

+3 = +1/2d6

+4 = +1d6 - 1

A complex computerized formula for this only seems to perpetuate the myth that you need a degree in advanced calculus to play Hero. Mind you, it also highlights the fact that computers can be amazingly stupid - the formula is, in fact, needed if you want to computerize the game.

Robert needed a formula so the damage would display on his character sheet spreadsheet he was working on for his game. It's mostly the convenience of having the formula printed right there on the sheet. And a bit of coolness to see the formula change as you type in your stats.

Sure you could calculate it in your head, but what's the fun of that?

;)