Ben 10: Alien Force

Bloodstone

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ben 10: Alien Force

Do you have any plans to write up the new characters that have been introduced? I'd enjoy seeing your take on Micheal Morningstar and Paradox in particular.

And does anyone else think Paradox is the perfect example of how to role play Capt Chronos? :)

What would the full grown Gwen from the episode Ben 10,000 look like? The way I saw it she had the potential for an insane -2 1/2 modifier, OIHID gestures (both hands possibly complex) incantations (possibly complex, I'll be honest I don't remember the episode that well) costs End, OIF, all of that was simply for stats defenses and movement, her other powers were OIF, incantations, gestures, which is still a -1 of which most were in a MP anyhow.

I ask because my friend built a character trying to resemble Gwen, but he didn't do so well, so I decided to help him out, I'm actually not a big fan of the show, none of the characters are very interesting to me. I will admit I feel the desire to punish the GM, I've never been in any games involving this individual but his style isn't very good and he is going to kill my friend, repeatedly in-game, if I don't do something.

What would the full grown Gwen from the episode Ben 10,000 look like? The way I saw it she had the potential for an insane -2 1/2 modifier, OIHID gestures (both hands possibly complex) incantations (possibly complex, I'll be honest I don't remember the episode that well) costs End, OIF, all of that was simply for stats defenses and movement, her other powers were OIF, incantations, gestures, which is still a -1 of which most were in a MP anyhow.

I ask because my friend built a character trying to resemble Gwen, but he didn't do so well, so I decided to help him out, I'm actually not a big fan of the show, none of the characters are very interesting to me. I will admit I feel the desire to punish the GM, I've never been in any games involving this individual but his style isn't very good and he is going to kill my friend, repeatedly in-game, if I don't do something.

Kais, I don't know anything about translating characters from other media like Bloodstone, but it seems to me that Gwen 10k had a multipower for flight, telekinesis, energy blast, then a power pool for transforms, uncommon spells she did. The power pool probably only needs incantations. Then skills like hang gliding, computer programming, martial arts. A lot depends on what the point cost is but that should be all you need as a base.

CES

We didn't see all that much of Future Gwen, so a lot of her abilites would need to be based on observations of 10 year old Gwen, Hex and Charm Caster. It seemed like they were going for a Sorcerer Supreme type vibe for her.

I probably wouldn't go with all that many limitations on her magic.pool(s). For example, Gwen clearly didn't need Foci to cast spells, though things like Charm Casters pouch and the Charms of Bazeel were Foci that provided buffs or additional power. I've got an updated sheet for 10 year old Gwen back home. I'll try to get it posted up by this weekend.

I will admit I feel the desire to punish the GM' date=' I've never been in any games involving this individual but his style isn't very good and he is going to kill my friend, repeatedly in-game, if I don't do something.[/quote']

While it's not normally in my nature to take the high road, if the GM is a bad GM and is going to single out you friend for a bad time in every game, why doesn't he just not play?

While it's not normally in my nature to take the high road' date=' if the GM is a bad GM and is going to single out you friend for a bad time in every game, why doesn't he just [i']not play?[/i]

I have no idea, me and several others have warned him that the GM in question is incredibly lethal, this hasn't change his mind any so we are just going to let him play his character but I want to at least give him a better build than he has... I think he might think it is normal for Hero system characters to die even, though it isn't.

Looks like the Forever Knights got a change, too. Or at least an odd shift.

Ben and Gwen displayed their mutual Psych Lim: Exceptionally forgiving of people and groups that have tried to repeatedly murder them (Com Tot) too. :D

This spot, and the next dozen or so posts, reserved for details about the new show and my various Ben 10: AF writeups.

For now, entertain yourself with this link:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/promotion_landing_page/ben10/index.html

Humongousaur, Echo Echo and Swampfire are already unlocked.

The secret codes for the rest:

Freeze = Big Chill

Shock = Brainstorm

Blast = Chromastone

Rush = Jetray

Swing = Spidermonkey

Morph = Goop

??? = ???

The 10th alien is currently a mystery, though you can see his outline in the lower right hand corner of the screen. He's the guy with the three spikes coming out of his head, appears to be all white and based on his arm position in the pictures we've seen probably flies/floats.

Previous Threads:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44138

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40522

Wouldn't it be cool if alien no. 10 was Ultraman? I know he won't be, but still, I'd love to see a homage.

I was thinking more that Gwen still referred to her powers as "magic" and used magical trapping with them in that future.

I was initially bugged that they retconned her powers (and I suppose Charmcaster's and Hex's) as alien pwoers rather than magic as such, but they do fit in better with the 'Benverse' now.

And something has to happen to turn Kevin back into psycho boy. They really mellowed him out for Alien Force.

Maybe that future's been altered by Kevin's change of heart? BTW, any word on how he did change his powers and get out of Limbo/wherever it is that the Plumbers sent aliens?

The way he & his powers act, it's almost like he's not the same Kevin any more. Hmm...

Wouldn't it be cool if alien no. 10 was Ultraman? I know he won't be' date=' but still, I'd love to see a homage.[/quote']

Way Big was kind of an Ultraman type (deffinitly had the size and the look), though as far as we know he lacked all the random super powers.

As for Alien X, if you want to know before the season finale:

[ATTACH]28787[/ATTACH]

Roughly translated:

Alien X

Ben is afraid that Alien X is too powerful and only uses him in extreme situations.

Powers:

Thoughts become reality.

Ben and Gwen displayed their mutual Psych Lim: Exceptionally forgiving of people and groups that have tried to repeatedly murder them (Com Tot) too. :D

Yeah, I should probably add Psych Lim: Trusting and Naive.

Ben always had it on my old write ups, but Gwen's seemingly gotten more so with age.

BTW' date=' any word on how he did change his powers and get out of Limbo/wherever it is that the Plumbers sent aliens?[/quote']

Nope, he just showed up with material-mimicking abilities. No explanation. And no mention at all of his old energy-absorbing or "alien hodgepodge" form powers.

Nope' date=' he just showed up with material-mimicking abilities. No explanation. And no mention at all of his old energy-absorbing or "alien hodgepodge" form powers.[/quote']

Here's what Writer/Editor Dwayne McDuffie had to say about is, in answer to some questions on his forum:

Kevin still has his original power, matter/energy absorption, but the DNA he accidentally absorbed through Ben's Omnitrix has faded away. For obvious reasons he's disinclined to try absorbing them again.

Kevin prefers not to absorb energy. You'll see why...

Here's what Writer/Editor Dwayne McDuffie had to say about is' date=' in answer to some questions on his forum:[/quote']

I suspect that Kevin might have serious trouble keeping coherent in an energy form, judging from how McDuffie said that. He'd be more dangerous to himself and others than the enemies.

With all the alien Hybrid Plumber's kids there seem to be I'm starting to think a bitter name for the organization might have been the "Kirks". :)

It does make sense in a way. They lead dangerous lives that they mostly have to keep secret from other humans which would make relationships outside the group hard to maintain and they work with aliens a great deal. And it's a pulp/comic sci fi universe so biological issues can be glossed over.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting (and spoiler-ish):

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=25201

I'm really hoping to see more of Goop soon. His writeup needs a lot of love and I'm still torn on if I should go with the simple version I have now... or something far more complex... only time will tell on that one.

also, from the forums:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=2939106

"A few corrections for the discussion:

Someone mentioned Alien X having time travel powers. This was not actually said. He can *stop* time, but his other abilities we know nothing of.

The "No filler" was not mentioned in relation to future eps, but in the context of those that have already aired. Each episode so far has a part in the bigger story.

Some more tidbits:

1. Apparent "Non-Canon" and "Non-arc" episodes still contain information about the bigger picture. What does that mean? Beats me, but...

2. It was also kinda, sorta hinted that Max may still be alive.

3. Yuri Lowenthal was wearing Ben's jacket at the panel.

4. There was a life-size Ben statue at the CN booth. He's about my height. (5 feet, 5 inches.) I'm surprised Kevin doesn't call him "Shorty". Among this were life-size Flapjack and Chowder statues. Life-size Clone Wars statues (and a girl dressed as that female Jedi who looked exactly like the cartoon character) were at the Lucasfilm booth.

5. Greg Cipes's voice really sounds like that.

6. There is also a backstory to the Omnitrix's removal, however, like with Kevin's escape from the Null Void, they haven't made an ep on it...yet.

7. The part about the characters not knowing the whole truth? This was in relation to a question about Gwen's powers "and other contreversies".

Context is king. Overall, it looks as if the crew has taken more into account than the audience has given them credit for so far. Let the speculation begin."