Create Water spell

Lysando

This is driving me nuts...I'm trying to build a "Create Water" spell. This is meant to emulate the Create Water spell in D20:

"This spell generates wholesome, drinkable water, just like

clean rain water. Water can be created in an area as small as

will actually contain the liquid, or in an area three times as

large-possibly creating a downpour or filling many small

receptacles."

What exactly is this? Change Environment? Transform ("Thin Air" to Water)? Summoning? (OK, I know it isn't Summoning....)

My guess so far is this is a Major Transform, of Air to Water, or "Nothing" to Water. But Transform assumes you are casting against something which has Power Defense (possibly) and BODY, which sorta doesn't apply. Or does it?

Anyways, what do you think?

ntb

Re: Create Water spell

If you use the rules for assigning BODY to things (for the purpose of breaking them) according to mass and complexity, air turns out to have about 1 BODY per cubic metre I think. Assuming that my memory is reliable, which is far from certain. Once you've got that info, then the amount of water created is simply a matter of how much BODY you roll.

Putting out fires' date=' torturing enemies, fill a car's radiator, I don't know, players tend towards clever particularly when it comes to situations where resources are limited.[/quote']

I think that if you bought Life Support, Usable By Others, Physical Manifestation and Dispel Fire Powers; the torturing enemies and fill a radiator would be special effects.

If it just provides water for drinking, you might consider life-support, usable by others, with an increased number of people who can use it at a given time. If you use the spell, then their water need is taken care of for a reasonable amount of time. Another option is transform, with the body to volume ratio providing the amount of water. The real issue isn't the water, but the effect you want the water to have. If you want to put out fires, its probably a dispell. If you want to drown someone, its probably an NND with Does Body smacked on. If you want to dump it on fire and get steam to obscure vision its change environment. Etcetera. The key is to reason from effect.