Tell me Tiger Squad.....

Lawnmower Boy

Yes, this is derivative. But CBC Radio was doing a variety show from China this afternoon as I was skimming the threads. Beijing is going to be the coolest place on Earth for the next few months, and one of the many things that makes it cool, as the show pointed out, is the fame of professional MMOers.

MMOs so far have made few concessions to the larger world out there. The Champions Universe is different. With the Tiger Squad, The Superhero Division.... there are things here that could appeal pretty directly to the global audience and give Champions Online an imaginative reach that other MMOs do not.

But will they be there?

Re: Tell me Tiger Squad.....

Well, Champions Online won't be active before spring next year at the earliest, so there's really not much they can do in time for the Olympics. The PnP game is a somewhat different story: Champions Universe: News Of The World already mentioned a very public supervillain threat to disrupt the Games.

Re: Tell me Tiger Squad.....

Yes, it is too late for the Olympics. But the 2008 Olympics are supposed to be China's coming out party. We will be hearing more about China, not less, in 2009. I know it is too late for Champions Battleground 2008. It is not too late to catch the Beijing wave.

The following is in compliance of the official Hero Games Discussion Board thread jacking requirement.

(Including the off-shoring of Chinese industry to India, if anyone cares. And watch out for when Pakistan gets its piece of the action)

• 1 month later...