Hallucinogens?

Trebuchet

What's the best way to simulate psychoactive drugs such as LSD or peyote that cause hallucinations, possibly based on something the victims has recently seen? I was thinking mental Entangle, but I want something that potentially makes such a victim dangerous to himself or to his friends nearby.

I suppose Mental Illusions might work, but how do you randomize the effects so one victim (for example) turns homicidal, one dances with his high-school sweetheart in his hallucination, and another decides to take a nap?

You could do that with Mental Illusions, but it won't work on players who don't play along. The GM can describe hallucinations that make friends seem dangerous, but some players will insist their characters would know the difference.

If you want to make the effects less mandatory, add in Mind Control with some sort of "random actions" limitation.

One way is to have Mental Illusions and have a limitation that if the victim comes close to breaking out (missed by 3 or less), he is still affected by the Illusions but can ignore them. The limitation would probably be -1/4.

The real fun is when the victim is ignoring the illusion and then you add a REAL villian.

"Mechanon? You can't be Mechanon, he's in jail."

"Foolish Flesh creature! Believe what you will."

My suggestion would be to use a Mental Power with the Based on CON Limitation (for a drug), and No Conscious Control at the -1 level (that degree of GM controlled randomness is what that Lim was designed for).

For a good roleplayer, I'd choose Mental Illusions; if the player would be reluctant to pretend to "freak out," I'd go with Mind Control with Telepathic Command. ;)

As I remember from some classes long ago, people on hallucinogens are also susceptible to outside influences so...

Try using a linked Ego Drain and Mental Illusion and buy the drain with asightly reduced fade rate or

Use a Transform with the partial transform rules and speed up the healing rate on the time chart.