BIBLEMAN In Champions

wcw43921

Every time a Where Are They Now-type show features Willie Aames, it always makes mention of his current project--the Christian superhero Bibleman. From what I've seen of the character in the clips they show, and in visits to the website, it looks like a good job--I like the costume, and he packs a lightsaber. You can't go too far wrong with a lightsaber, right?

I admit, I haven't seen the videos--they're not available for rent anywhere I've looked, and I'm not inclined to buy them. Can anyone who's seen them come up with a review? And if you have seen them, did you try to make up the character in Champions terms?

Many thanks in advance.

A.) I believe that quite a few people have gone wrong with a lightsabre but I appreciate your stance on the subject.

B.) I've seen brief clips. I don't think I could give you a accurate rundown on abilities but maybe I can set you in the right direction.

Powers:

Lightsabre: 60 pt MPWR

3u 1 1/2d6 RKA, (AP for up to 3d6 RKA), OAF (-1)

3u 12 d6 Healing - note I'm guessing on this slot

3u Missile deflection-all but at range

Dispel or Suppress vs Evil Magic, one effect at a time, Incantation, must cite relevant scripture i.e. if he was to say be drowned in unholy water he might quote from the parting of the Red Sea in Exodus. If he was gagged you might have the restrainable limitation. It was particularly useful in dispelling summoned demons.

Flight? I remeber him jumping into scenes which might equate to off screen flight.

Danger Sense, i.e. warning messages from God. It seemed to work when innocent children's souls were facing temptation by this odd minion of evil who was a cross between Raggedy Ann and Linda Blair in the exorcist.

Stats: certainly atleast 20 str and probably low superhuman stats on down

Skills; He cites scripture a lot so Knowledge skills Christianity at 12-13 min, scripture 12-13 minimum etc. Maybe eidetic memory only for the King James Bible.

Disads: Dnpcs-All of christendom with a focus on children

Watched: By you know who all the time, wrathful

Hunted: Devils of temptation specifically and probably cultists, demons and various minions

Physical limitation: Guessing again but maybe some ineffectiveness when someone uses an unholy item on him and he can't recall a scriptural passage that specifically deals with the situation. (When he can he makes a soliloquis- citing said passage that acts like a Suppress vs evil magic and busts his rightuos self on out of trouble.

Psych lim: Christian ethics, not quite sure how turn the other cheek and a good smiting don't contradict but that's God's issue not mine.

Psych Lim: Role Model -(maybe a adjunct to the Social Limitation Secret ID?)

Social Limitation: Secret ID. grave consequences

Social Limitation: Subject to orders

Well tha's all I got, Good Luck

Other Christian TV programs

This reminds me of the MadTV parody of that old Lutheran claymation show "Davy and Goliath". In the parody, Goliath was young Davy's alter ego instead of a real dog. Whenever Davy was alone in his room, a corner would darken and Goliath would appear and urge him to kill.

Goliath(normal, Al Goresque voice): You know Davy, this city is full of sinners! It's time to cleanse the city of sin.

Davy: Gee, I don't know, Goliath...

Goliath(flames shooting from mouth and speaking in scary demon voice): DO AS I TELL YOU!!!

Re: Other Christian TV programs

Originally posted by BishopofB&W

This reminds me of the MadTV parody of that old Lutheran claymation show "Davy and Goliath". In the parody, Goliath was young Davy's alter ego instead of a real dog. Whenever Davy was alone in his room, a corner would darken and Goliath would appear and urge him to kill.

Goliath(normal, Al Goresque voice): You know Davy, this city is full of sinners! It's time to cleanse the city of sin.

Davy: Gee, I don't know, Goliath...

Goliath(flames shooting from mouth and speaking in scary demon voice): DO AS I TELL YOU!!!

Two words homie:YE GODS!!

speaking of other christian Tv shows/videos you might want to check out the LARRYBOY animated series tapes from the folks who give you VeggieTales. It's a total parody of Batman with alot of christian values built in along with some comedic action[can you say "SuperSuction Ears AWAY!"?]