Pulp Hero PDF adventures

captaincf

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Pulp Hero PDF adventures

I am going to be running Spears this Saturday and will let you know. I have read most, if not all, of them and they are well laid out. I would advise you to choose the ones for your group. My group tends to not be too much on the excessive thinking side, so mysteries escape them (sorry Dave).

WARNING!! SPOILER.

I ran the Spears of Tisangani adventure last night. I felt it went well. The side tracks such as getting attacked by the Arab thugs was pretty good. The PCs did not know what to suspect after that. The river ride also was unexpected. Having the group loose a boat of supplies was a good hook. It had them thinking of being able to return home.

Once they got to the scream for help by the Princess and she latched onto a PC was great fun. It caused the appropriate tension. During the 3 hours between the announcement and the celebration dinner was good. Dropping several hints by servants the a few nobles about how the "white people" were going to be the down fall was also a good hook.

When the argument broke out and the coup started the PCs were caught a bit flat footed. They were expecting a fight on the field of honor due to the relationship between the Princess and The Warrior.

BTW, they finished it in one session and having a Museum making a Tisangani exhibit is a good tie for the Malay Coins (Hint, hint).

• 4 weeks later...

Well, here's my master list, though I assembled some of it from memory rather than open a bunch of files, so a number here and there may be off. ;)

HPA 01 — Spears of the Tisangani

HPA 02 — Solar Smith

HPA 03 — The Alchemy Of Love

HPA 04 — The Dordogne Zodiac

HPA 05 — The Radio Marauders

HPA 06 — The Dragon Mandarin

HPA 07 — The Locomotive Pirates

HPA 08 — The Golden Idol of Sikrál

HPA 09 — The Raven

HPA 10 — Captain Battle

HPA 11 — The Malay Coins

HPA 12 — Inner-Earth

HPA 13 — Curse Of The Vulture-God

HPA 14 — Four Fiends

HPA 15 — Vehicle Sourcebook, Vol. I

HPA 16 — The Voodoo Cross

HPA 17 — Strange Magics I: Voodoo

HPA 18 — The Tablets Of Destiny

HPA 19 — Fangs Of The Scarlet Serpent

HPA 20 — Nazi Death-Zombies

HPA 21 — Stronghold Files, Vol. I

HPA 22 — Pterodactyls Over Broadway

HPA 23 — Valley Of The Spider Queen

HPA 24 — Millennium City University

Thanks Steve, I actually have a few more than I thought. I know I have the Fangs of the Scarlet Serpent because I ran that for my group and the Nazi Death-Zombies sounds familiar as well. Was the full title something like "Nazi Death-Zombies of the Congo"?

Fazhoul -- yes' date=' the full title is "Nazi Death-Zombies Of The Congo" ::cue dramatic theme music:: I just abbreviated some titles in the list to save myself time. ;)[/quote']

You know you've done well when the title is so lurid that it sticks in my mind even though I've never read or run the adventure. :thumbup:

MWAH hah hah hah hah!!! :eg:

My favorite titles are "Pterodactyls Over Broadway" (best. Pulp. title. evar!) and a title I will not yet reveal because I haven't finished the adventure. ;) I also like "Curse of the Vulture God" and "Valley of the Spider Queen."

I highly recommend the Locomotive Pirates. It's a very fun, "speeding down the tracks" kind of adventure. My players were a gadget "mystery man" hero, a mechanic/wheelman, and a female martial artist... think Green Hornet with Kato being two people... :D

Anyway, the two combatants were fighting the priates on top of a speeding train, while the wheelman was speeding along closeby on the highway, later having to switch over to the tracks to catch the heroes when they were accidentally flung from the train... ;D

Ah, good times... :D

jak