3 SPD 0 Phases: 4, 8, 12/2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

6 REC 0

30 END 0

30 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 74

Movement: Running: 6"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 3"/11"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 2"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

20 Gravity Manipulation: Elemental Control, 60-point powers, (30 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2)

20 1) FF (15 PD/15 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2) 0

15 2) +40 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2)

21 3) Flight 18", x4 Noncombat, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable Underwater (+1/4) (61 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2) 5

24 Gravitc perception: N-Ray Perception (Touch Group), +1 to PER Roll, Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Targeting, Telescopic: +12, Transmit (49 Active Points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Linked (FF; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Cannot see colors or read text unless it is raised; -1/4) 0

20 +15 CON (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Linked (FF; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

20 +3 SPD (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Linked (FF; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

8 +6 REC (12 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Linked (FF; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

15 +22 STUN (22 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Linked (FF; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

5 +7 PD (7 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Linked (FF; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

3 +4 ED (4 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Linked (FF; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)

48 Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

2u 1) Knockback Resistance -15" (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0

2u 2) Invisibility to Sight, Radio and Mental Groups (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3

5u 3) Gravity locked: Drain STR 1d6, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), Invisible to Sight, and Touch Groups (+3/4), Continuous (+1), NND ([standard]; Defence gravity,mass,density; +1), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

5u 4) Drain BODY 6d6 (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

4u 5) Teleportation 5", x8 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

5u 6) Desolidification (affected by force walls/fields), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0

Perks

5 Money: Well Off

Skills

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

2 KS 11-

3 Navigation (Air, Land) 13-

4 PS: Horror writer 13-

3 Stealth 13-

5 +1 with HTH Combat

6 +2 with any three maneuvers Strike,Grab,Haymaker

everyman skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) Climbing 8-

0 3) Concealment 8-

0 4) AK 8-

0 5) KS 8-

0 6) CuK 8-

0 7) Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 9) Persuasion 8-

0 10) PS: Writer 8-

0 11) Shadowing 8-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 276

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: gravitc annomolies (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)

20 DNPC: Dameon Grey Editor/Fred Garvin pulisher 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

5 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

15 Enraged: normals endangered (Common), go 8-, recover 11-

20 Hunted: Genocide(or other mutant hating group) 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Demon 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Thrill Seeker (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Loves playing the spooky motife (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: annoyed by incompetence (Common, Moderate)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Rena is a mutant,but has only had her powers for a year though she is in her mid 20's

she has had good success writing horror/action books(3 books since she started at 18)

she has taken the past year to learn and develope her powers and the Wraith persona

Personality/Motivation: thrill seeker

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Str 55:just pretty much brick tactics

Flight:flys upright strides when moving

Force Field skin tight and makes her flesh invisible but gives off a glow

N-ray perception:mass detection based on touch(and can easily id targets by it)

Speed,Con,Stun,Rec:she is using gravity to warp time/space(slowing everything vs her)

Teleportation:using gravity to warp 2 points in space

things start to bad should she try to go less than 1km(think leaving a crease in time/space)

Drain(Body):she is creating an intense gravity field to crush her target into a singlularity(think of a sub going past crush depth)

Drain(Strength)She is aiding the planet's gravity against those in her sphere of influance(damage shield area 5"r nnd defences are gravity based powers, mass and/or density control

Knockback resistance:using gravity to lock her in place(default slot)

Invisibility:expanding the skin tight field to include her clothing

Campaign Use: Brick

transport

some stealth/infiltration

Appearance:

she looks like a set of animated clothing(nobody looks to be in the clothing but they look as if being worn)

see picture

Re: Wraith

She reminds me of a Powered Armor character, only her theme is gravitic powers and not powered armor. Her change into Heroic ID must be the activation of his Forcefield, because she becomes a badass once that's on.

Lots of eggs in that FF basket. The first time it gets drained, transferred or suppressed she's going to be bumming.

My only concern (as a GM) woudl be that she has so many auxillary powers (Drains, Invisibility Desolid, Teleport and a 360 degree targeting N-Ray vision) that I'd worry how well she woudl mecsh in a group. She is a great solo hero, but maybe covers too much ground to be a good "team" hero. But that's just one guy talking. She's awfully effective-looking (55 STR at 0 END and 6 SPD, 'nuff said).

yeah there is a lot of stuff attached but the EC already is a focal point for a drain

hit the EC and major portion of her power goes away any way

I expect to be drained once in a while

since in the games I have played in for the past 22 yrs

most characterss don't grow that much more powerful maybe 1 or 2 DC

but they do get more versitile(more skills,buy down limitations,more slots in MP's)

the extra stats are because she is also warping time(she slows the whole universe down vs her)

Meshing is usually a role-playing thing

the game latest game I have her in there are in a group of 6

4 various types of bricks

1 really strong martial artist(40 str)

and 1 energy projector

transport,crushing bots and tangling with load of agent types are the areas she seems to be the best at

only her +40 strength is 0 end her 15 still costs 1

thanks for the input

She reminds me of a Powered Armor character, only her theme is gravitic powers and not powered armor. Her change into Heroic ID must be the activation of his Forcefield, because she becomes a badass once that's on.

Lots of eggs in that FF basket. The first time it gets drained, transferred or suppressed she's going to be bumming.

My only concern (as a GM) woudl be that she has so many auxillary powers (Drains, Invisibility Desolid, Teleport and a 360 degree targeting N-Ray vision) that I'd worry how well she woudl mecsh in a group. She is a great solo hero, but maybe covers too much ground to be a good "team" hero. But that's just one guy talking. She's awfully effective-looking (55 STR at 0 END and 6 SPD, 'nuff said).

I beg to differ

5th ed revised pg 314

last sentence under Characterisitics

Strength 40 at 0 end cost is a power

all other characteristics are under a list with a common limitation

No Characteristics in Elemental Controls

More later

QM

• 2 weeks later...

relevent to the character please

Ah, allow me to expand on Tomato Soup: As a gravity manipulator I could easily see some nasty Gravity Well attacks (Killing Attacks or EBs with Double Knock back) with Defenses like, NND: Density Increase.

I think the concept is good and with gravity as a core concept there is a ton of things to build off of.

Also, if a GM had a problem with +40 Strength (No Endurance Cost) you may try and get by with Reduced Endurance showing that the Gravity well is assisting but not doing all the lifting as with TK.

i invisoned this character not as a ranged combatant but more as a brick

her body drain is a very nasty attack akin to a sub going past crush depth and reducing the target to as small as a singularity or a marble(which if the DM allows could also be used as a ranged attack,the marble that is)

her foes only saving grace is that she dislikes killing

the gravity locked is her making the target(s) more intune with the local gravity field(the effect is more that they need to fight against the more effective gravity field than losing the stat

but a 0 str they are rendered immobile which is what I wanted

change enviroment lose mobility cost too much for less effect

thanks for the comments

Ah, allow me to expand on Tomato Soup: As a gravity manipulator I could easily see some nasty Gravity Well attacks (Killing Attacks or EBs with Double Knock back) with Defenses like, NND: Density Increase.

I think the concept is good and with gravity as a core concept there is a ton of things to build off of.

Also, if a GM had a problem with +40 Strength (No Endurance Cost) you may try and get by with Reduced Endurance showing that the Gravity well is assisting but not doing all the lifting as with TK.