Generic 'Protocols' ideas?

palaskar

So i'm looking for ideas that a PC could use to foil different villain types (brick, blaster, mentalist, etc.)

Oh, I'm using the ideas for Doc Vision, who's sort of a mix between Iron Man, Iron Fist, and Peter Parker. His concept is this:

The Intelligence of Iron Man!

The Fighting Skills of Iron Fist!

The Budget of... Peter Parker.

So, basically, he's a heroic-level martial artist, with some Green Lantern level tech (do damn-near anything tech), cobbled together from what he could find or shoplift. He's self-trained and brilliant (inventor: 18-); but this of course means that he has only the skills you could get from your local library or the like.

The ideas I have are these:

1) Disrupt concentration via pain: Sonic EB, STUN only, AoE Circle (+1)

2) Zero-G field: Telekinesis, only to create Zero-G (-1/2)

3) EMP pulse: EB, Penetrating (+1/2), Only versus transistor-based tech (-1/2)

4) Darkness, AoE

5) Change Environment, Sunlight

6) Change Environment, Heat

7) Sniper Disc: RKA, no range modifier (+1/2)

from the threads. I'm thinking they're (a limited amount of) little discs made of a couple of quarters, stuck together and drawing on zero-point energy to power yocto-tech (basically a combination of magic, psionics, and high-energy physics.) Most of them, anyway. A blaster, frex, could be cobbled together from a water pistol, a disc, an empty toilet paper tube, and some duct tape. Did I mention that yocto-tech doesn't look like it should work by know science?

This of course means I'll hvae to buy them all 0 END to fit the concept -- ZPMs don't run out of juice for campaign purposes (unless you detonate them...:eek:)

And I'm thinking of making them by the 250+150 superhero maximum of 60 Active Points.

Any ideas come to mind?

Re: Generic 'Protocols' ideas?

Juryrig (Vibora Bay) seems to fit the DocVision concept, although the creator settles for an 80 AP variable power pool, a jet pack, defences and some electronically augmented senses.

It strikes me as a great deal less conceptually troubling if you just say that he can cobble all this stuff together at his local junkyard (or whatever) then to invent a new technology that your players are either going to run away with or be disappointed that they can't.

But that's just me.

Well, some basic ideas, but kind of amusing...

1. The Face Grabber - opposite of the superball, you throw it and it sticks like mad, mostly to prevent breathing. Who doesn't breathe? Not very many. Make it a Drain, perhaps.

2. The STINGER! - 1 Point RKA, Penetrating x2. High velocity/energy dart, used to harass and annoy. Be really mean and make it auto-fire. Even better if used with a blow gun for annoying prop. =)

3. What's that SMELL?! - stink bomb. Several builds possible, I believe, but likely best built as just a presence attack. =) Brand X on a bottle.

4. Da Floppy Gunz - give someone uncontrollable stretching. Stretching, usable on others, etc. Perhaps a mister or a water-balloon.

5. Ghostmaker - same as floppy gun, but with desolid. Reverse x-ray glasses, maybe?

6. @#$%-Puncher! - HA, to hit location Vitals only, with levels to hit... STUN only, perhaps. A boxing glove launched by an air cannon.

That's it for now... silly, but seemed like fun.

Nice. But let me explain the limitations of yocto-tech:

Basically, it's just energy projection. The only thing is that the energy can be virtually anything (EM, strong force, weak force, gravity, psi, magic, chi, etc.) and that the energy can be controlled by consciousness, allowing for it to assume various shapes, pre-programming, or a sort of 'automatic' mode when it's given a limited awareness of its own. (Doc fears when psis figure out his tech....) Finally, because it draws energy from zero-point fluctuations, it's all 0 END by default.

So, frex, Doc can't make poison darts, or sticky bombs; but he can make "stupid rays" (Drain Int, by psionic suppression) and the suggested *^&* puncher (semi-intelligent gravity projection.)

Two things also come up:

Doc can only carry so many discs. How do I write up 0 END charges? I mean, sure I could do this:

Costs END (-1/2), 0 END (+1/2)

but that's obviously bogus.

Second, how the heck did I get 1000+ rep? I'm not complaining, its just where did it come from? I've only made 100 posts or so.

Doc can only carry so many discs. How do I write up 0 END charges? I mean, sure I could do this:

Costs END (-1/2), 0 END (+1/2)

but that's obviously bogus.

Second, how the heck did I get 1000+ rep? I'm not complaining, its just where did it come from? I've only made 100 posts or so.

Second things first: your rep doesn't really count until you've made your first 50 posts. Also, some people have rep sticks big enough to give out 1000 at a time.

But as far as Costs END, 0 END Charges, I do that all the time. What's bogus about it?

EDIT: Actually, I do Costs END, 0 END all the time. Adding all that to Charges is redundant and repetitive. Charges just needs Costs END if you want them to cost END, and nothing if you don't.

Well, I thought it was bogus since normally you'd have to pay for Continuing Charges (is that the right term?), Fuel Charges, etc. to extend the time.

I don't suppose it's any worse than Telekinesis, No Range (-1/2), which is a perfectly fine build for DC's Superboy (right after the Death of Superman.)

EDIT: What I meant by Costs END (-1/2), 0 END (+1/2) is to have a Charge that never runs out for practical purposes. I've done (rough) a bit of number crunching, and figured that a -very- crude ZPM the size of a cubic centimeter would boil a 100-meter cube of water when 'detonated.' So I said, what the heck, the ZPM powering a coin sized disk is likely much smaller than a centimeter anyway, let's say that it boils 1000 liters. Or 50 + 5 or 10 points.

So i'll go with 60 active points for one-shot things like the Sniper Disk.

But things like the Sunlight Disc, which could last, well, damn near forever (it's only generating magical sunlight)...I suppose I could just build them with a Loooong Continuing charge -- but then how do I stat up the limited number of disks?

But things like the Sunlight Disc, which could last, well, damn near forever (it's only generating magical sunlight)...I suppose I could just build them with a Loooong Continuing charge -- but then how do I stat up the limited number of disks?

I'm not sure if I follow what you're asking here. The sniper disc is one power with X number of charges. The sunlight disc is another power with X number of continuing charges. If you buy them separately, they each have the number of charges you specify for each one, and they have that number every time the character is able to restock his disc supply. If you buy them in a multipower, you can put charges on the whole shebang, and then when he restocks, he can decide how many of each type he wants.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yeah. I wanted 32 charges (+1/4), but some of those charges had to be Continuing.

Awhile back I realized I could do this by buying 32 charges on the Multipower, and then +1 Continuing separately on the stuff that needed it (Change Environment, Darkness, et.c)