Quik-Clot how to model? Help please

Barton

Quik-Clot is a hemostatic agent (HA) developed by the Z-Medica Corporation; released in 2003. It has been used to save hundreds of lives. Recently, Z-Medica released QuikClot® Combat Gauze brand, the first choice HA per the joint Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care.

The best way to describe this product is a bandage with special biochemical compounds that cause blood to clot very, very quickly.

How do I model this in Hero Game System Terms?

I want to be able to quickly stop bleeding on a character, so no bleeding rolls or further loss of BODY occurs.

1) As a +4 to paramedics, focus, 1 charge, only to stop bleeding

2) Transform Major 2 dice, focus, 1 charge, only to stop bleeding

3) Some other way that I did not think of?

Re: Quik-Clot how to model? Help please

In many genres the ability to 'field heal' is not appropriate - you should be able to stabilise someone without actually increasing current Body, so a coagulant gauze might be built as a 1 pip Body heal only to stop bleeding from a single wound (-2), which makes it nice and cheap.

Coagulant Gauze: Healing BODY 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Only to stop bleeding from a single wound; -2), OAF (-1), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2)

15 Active, 2 Real

Alien Wars, p. 103

Nanobot Deployment Patch: The Nanobot Deployment Patch, issued in bundles of twelve, stops blood loss from all but the worst wounds. Once activated by the presence of Human blood, the nanobots "stitch" closed the wound nearly instantaneously, then go inert. All rules for reopening the wound (page 280 of the Hero System 5th Edition) still apply.

Paramedics 18- (21 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only To Stop Bleeding (-1), 12 Charges which Never Recover (-2 1/4). Total cost: 4 points.

Sean: thanks for your idea I like it a lot, it is closer to the "feel" I wanted.

>>coagulant gauze might be built as a 1 pip Body heal only to stop bleeding from a single wound (-2), which makes it nice and cheap.

Armitage: Thanks for your suggestion, shamefully I own a copy of Alien Wars and never thought of looking at it.