Superheroing in the Stargate SG-1 Universe

Mark Rand

I had the idea of having superheroes active within the Stargate SG-1 Universe. The only publicly-known alien races are the Asgard, the Tok'ra, and the Goa'uld.

The United States Department of Homeland Security is the agency that sanctions superheroes.

The NID, or National Intelligence Department, and Senator Robert Kinsey, who wants to become President of the United States, do their best to cause problems for the heroes.

Re: Superheroing in the Stargate SG-1 Universe

Well not big on playing in someone elses universe' date=' but I think both the Wraith and especialy the Jaffa would also be known if the three you listed are[/quote']

Forgot about the Jaffa and the Wraith. Thanks.

The NID is a shadowy intelligence agency of questionable effectiveness.

When the city of Los Angeles and some of the surrounding communities vanished in May of 2004, the NID said that they alone would investigate and anyone who got in their way would be shot on sight. Agents from the Department of Homeland Security ordered them to stand down. When they didn't, the NID agents were arrested.

Senator Kinsey came to their rescue and ordered the trial judge to release the men or face the consequences. The judge charged the senator with contempt of court and sentenced him to 30 days in the county jail.

For "super" character options, I'd also recommend the Unas and the Ritu. Unas are stronger and tougher than humans, and one with a goa'uld symbiote has been shown to be very powerful. The Ritu's "out of phase" invisibility would certainly be useful.

The NID is a shadowy intelligence agency of questionable effectiveness.

When the city of Los Angeles and some of the surrounding communities vanished in May of 2004, the NID said that they alone would investigate and anyone who got in their way would be shot on sight. Agents from the Department of Homeland Security ordered them to stand down. When they didn't, the NID agents were arrested.

Senator Kinsey came to their rescue and ordered the trial judge to release the men or face the consequences. The judge charged the senator with contempt of court and sentenced him to 30 days in the county jail.

sounds like he's bucking for impeachment,or court ordered resignation

sounds like he's bucking for impeachment' date='or court ordered resignation[/quote']

Good point. I may be a bit off in how I'm writing Kinsey, but he knows a lot of influential people and can cause problems for people that don't cooperate with him.

Regular humans can gain super powers, and some already fight like they do have super powers(Jack being a prime example), in one episode SG-1 got a hold of these nifty bracers which inject a virus which made the wearer super-human in every way, including how much they ate and it also hopped up there aggressiveness when it was at it's peak.

Regular humans can gain super powers' date=' and some already fight like they do have super powers(Jack being a prime example), in one episode SG-1 got a hold of these nifty bracers which inject a virus which made the wearer super-human in every way, including how much they ate and it also hopped up there aggressiveness when it was at it's peak.[/quote']

Good point. It happened in the season four episode Upgrades. As I recall, the bracers fell off, and the powers went away, when the body's immune system killed the virus.

The NID blamed the vanishing of Los Angeles on a group of terrorists currently in Scotland and the United States government ordered the British government to turn them over. When the British government refused to do so without proof of the charges, United States forces invaded and were captured, resulting in bad blood between the two countries.

It turned out that the group they were after weren't terrorists. Instead, they were a group, with various minor powers, that had caused the NID grief in the past.

Then, in March of 2005, there were a few changes in Washington, D.C. First, John Patrick "Jack" Ryan was appointed National Security Adviser. Second, Vice President Dick Cheney suffered a massive heart attack and passed away.

jack ryan? wouldn't that be copyright infringment

No.

Senator Henry Hayes of Virginia is the Vice Presidential nominee. I'll post the information on him and his family as soon as I get it together.

I should've said "in a Stargate-SG-1-style universe" instead of "in the Stargate SG-1 universe".

I made Jack Ryan the NSA because I planned to make Jim Collingsworth the Vice President. Then, after I had my notes written down, I realized that it had to be Henry Hayes. All we know from President Hayes, from canon sources, is that he served in the air force with General Hammond.

My Henry Hayes is a pipe-smoking Conservative Jew from Alexandria, Virginia, who walks with a cane because he suffers from arthritis. His wife, Ann, is an ophthalmologist on the staff of George Washington University Hospital's eye clinic.

Their eldest daughter, Miriam, is finishing up her residency at that hospital. She plans to be an eye surgeon, too. Zipporah, their middle daughter, is one of the clinic's nurses. Holly, the youngest, is starting her sixth year as a performer for the Ross Brothers Circus and her third as lead showgirl and Bandmaster Matt Reese's wife. She also sells programs and drives the front end loader and the semi that pulls it.

The Hayes family has several cats.

Ann Hayes is considered a staff physician because she doesn't teach. She does, however, give occasional lectures.

A number of the Secret Service agents with Ann, Miriam, and Zipporah wear scrubs, as does Zipporah.

Holly's Secret Service agents arrived at the circus's winter quarters the day before the show was to leave for Sherman, Texas.

Some three weeks later, while Henry Hayes was having his knees checked by an orthopedic surgeon, Ann, with Zipporah assisting, was using a yag laser on someone's secondary cataract, Miriam was examining an eye, Holly was setting up her rigging, and the rest of her family were setting up the circus PA system, Air Force One exploded over the Atlantic Ocean.