Follower --> Exo Suit

PerennialRook

I'm trying to build something and have started off in a few different directions only to run into problems with every avenue I try. This probably stems from my newbie status.

I'm building a character, most of the information about him is unimportant. Suffice to say, he is a thrillseeking multibillionare genius media icon and has built robots far advanced from anything else in the world. He has built at least two robots (I don't know if i'll have the points for, or want, more). The first robot is a personal assistant of sorts, her main feature being interaction skills and an ungodly comliness. The second is more robot like, a body guard of sorts, which is where I run into trouble. The second robot, an atomaton follower, is also an exo suit, which both the character and his assistant can ride in. The most likely setup being one driving while the other uses the weapons system.

Where do I start?

As a side note: transport familiarity is prohibitively expensive if you want to know how to pilot/drive everything. Can you just buy a Cosmic VPP just for TF?

-Preston

The rules say you may not have special powers (wich skills ould be) in a V.P.P. however I imagine if you talked to your GM he may be willing to let you have a universal skill with your TF for ten or twenty points.

I as a GM would allow a skill of Transport Mastery for about 10 points.

If they can both ride in it, then it should definitely be a vehicle. You can also have a computer inside the vehicle which can operate it when no one is inside, thus you've got a robot and a transport combined.

If this is for a standard supers game, I'd suggest taking a Physical Limitation on the exo-suit: Transmits STUN damage to occupants. Otherwise, the fact that attacks have to do BODY to the vehicle to affect those inside can cause balance problems.

What I think I am going to do is buy both the assistant and the bodyguard/exo-suit as followers, and have the atomaton bodyguard have a transform ability to become the exo-suit with a linked computer.

Can I buy a computer as a follower? I mean, you have the same cost structure, 5/1 points. If I bought a follower and doubled it twice, that would let me buy the assistant, bodyguard, and computer and still have one more follower.

-Preston

It says, under atomatons, to sell theri intelligence and buy it back as a computer. I know I can't get a double discount (stack a computer inside a follower) but couldn't I link a computer with the atomaton follower? Can I just buy computer powers for the atomaton without going through the trouble of linking a computer to it?

-Preston