Call for Replacements

Corven_Ren

Re: Call for Replacements

That would make Amanda in her 60s at least. :nonp:

No wonder Aeryka is Iron Maiden. I'll go to work and see what I can come up with. BTW how long has Aeryka been Iron Maiden and about how old is she? I'm wondering whether they should have a mentor/student relationship or a rivalry.

Aeryka is only 18 years old and has been operating as Iron Maiden since she was 16.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately a rivalry then. This gonna get interesting.

And if I understand correctly the campaign takes place in 2028, right?

Yes and if you are chosen there could be a slight rival with another Squad member as we already have one powered armor character.

Hook for Quantum

I would like for the players who have submitted characters to post their character's hook.

What I mean by that is what is the hook, the thing, that makes you want to play your character? What aspects of the character really attract you to him/her? What's the hook that makes the character important to you?

For example, one of the hooks for my character is that he's Dr. Doom's son, with everything that entails. Victor was brought up as a noble, he's an aristocrat, a perfectionist that expects a lot of himself and those around him and is a bit arrogant. While at the same time he is trying to prove himself, and redeem the family name and to accomplish that he has to be the consummate hero.

Growing up, Nate just knew his dad was "an American officer". He learns to deal with not really knowing who his dad was. Then he finds out his dad was Captain Atom! How the heck do you live up to that?! Eventually, he figures out he can't, and so he settles in to living within his limitations. He isn't a slouch. He might not be a world class scientist, but he's competent, and good at this job. Not only that but he isn't one of those guys who can expound on the structure of the universe but can't fix a flat on his car. He is solidly grounded in the real world, too. Not only can he fix a flat, he could rebuild the car from the ground up, and fix the radio while doing it, too. He can take the theoretical stuff and make it practical.

Now BANG! He does have powers on par with his father. Just how WILL he compare to his father, now that he has the same abilities? And yeah, he's no slouch in the science department. Optics is not for the weak of heart. But now he's being brought into the world at the level of Banner, von Doom and Richards? Or trying to assist Moon Knight in following clues?

To mangle a metaphor, he is going to feel like he's going from being a decent sized fish in a small sea to being a somewhat larger fish in a lake populated by whales.

The flip side of it, though, is he's was scientist who studied energy and was involved in the space program. Now he can shoot energy out of his fingers and make to high orbit on his own in less time than it takes most people go pour a cup of coffee from the pot. How cool is THAT?

Ok people just a little over 24 hours til submissions are final. Here's what I have got so far.

Dr. Strange II- Son of Dr. Strange & Clea.

Silk Detective- artifically created being made from the DNA of Forge & Magik

Quantum- Son of Captain Atom.

Wrath- mutant, infused at brith with the DNA of Binary & Blob.

Zacherias Jones- son of Luke Cage

Iron Man II- great-nephew of Tony Stark.

What is a character hook?

I would like for the players who have submitted characters to post their character's hook.

What I mean by that is what is the hook, the thing, that makes you want to play your character? What aspects of the character really attract you to him/her? What's the hook that makes the character important to you?

I normally use the term character hook to mean ways the character can get.

I think they want to make sure you're joining the group because you want to play your character appose to playing a character because you want to play in a game.

For instance, I like the fact that Zacherias comes from the family history he has. It's interesting. Nether Jessica Jones nor Luke Cage had it easy in the beginning and I think that would affect their parenting and advice on going and becoming a “tights wearing hero”. I'm looking forward to a character that see what there parents were able to do and then trying to improve on it with the high ideals that younger heroes some times seem to have. I see Zacherias being "fresh off the streets" going at the big times for the first time and that intrigues me.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

For instance, I like the fact that Zacherias comes from the family history he has. It's interesting. Nether Jessica Jones nor Luke Cage had it easy in the beginning and I think that would affect their parenting and advice on going and becoming a “tights wearing hero”. I'm looking forward to a character that see what there parents were able to do and then trying to improve on it with the high ideals that younger heroes some times seem to have. I see Zacherias being "fresh off the streets" going at the big times for the first time and that intrigues me.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Yes, that's what i'm looking for. The element(s) of the character that makes you want to play him. I find that it helps me get a better handle on the character if I know what attracts the player to the character. It can help me pick up on the little things that make the character interesting that I may not have picked up on just from the character sheet/background. It also makes it easier for me to make suggestions on changes to the character (so that I don't suggest changes that take away from the hook, or so that i think of changes that could improve on the hook).

It also helps see how well the character will fit in the group (extreme example for illustrative purposes: if someone's hook was "I like that he's a borderline psycho and I want to play a character that crosses the line of hero/villain." then he's not going to fit with the Justice Squadron. ) and whether the player will enjoy himself in the game. (ie. if the character hook is being the team's only scientist, the player probably won't enjoy the game since there's already two characters that fulfill that role especially if stats wise the new character doesn't come close to the level of knowledge as Victor and Valeria. )

Here is the write-up for Doc Strange II that he sent me. I accidently erased the Sanctum Snactorium file.

Dr Strange II

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

18 CON 16 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

21 INT 11 13- PER Roll 13-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

14 COM 2 12-

12/26 PD 9 Total: 12/26 PD (0/14 rPD)

12/26 ED 8 Total: 12/26 ED (0/14 rED)

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 2

40 END 2

30 STUN 3 Total Characteristic Cost: 108

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Teleportation: 30"/60"

Cost Powers END

3 Mage sense: Detect Magic A Single Thing 13- (Unusual Group)

30 Shield of Khysril: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points)

6 Justice Squaderon communicator: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OAF (-1)

12 Suit of the Journeyman: Armor (4 PD/4 ED)

16 The Eye of Agamotto: Endurance Reserve (60 END, 10 REC) (16 Active Points)

32 Cloak of Shadow Step: Teleportation 30", x2 Increased Mass (65 Active Points); OAF (-1) 6

10 Father's fortune: Luck 2d6

75 Sorcer's training: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Bolts of Bedevilment: Energy Blast 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

7u 2) Hypnosis: Mind Control 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

7u 3) Slumber: Ego Attack 6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

5u 4) Chains of Krakken: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Takes No Damage From Physical Attacks Physical attacks (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Selective (+1/4) (67 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) 7

6u 5) The Sorcerer's sphere: Absorption 7d6 (energy, END), Absorption As A Defense (x2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

7u 6) The Vapours of Valtour: Sight, Hearing and Smell/Taste Groups Flash 10d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (75 Active Points) 7

70 Sorcerer's Spells: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 50 base + 20 control cost, (75 Active Points); all slots Only Magic (-1/4)

4 Atemi strike -1 +1 2d6 NND

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm

4 Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Legsweep +2 -1 4d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Knife hand strike -2 +0 HKA 1d6 +1

4 Punch/Snap kick +0 +2 5d6 Strike

5 Side/spin kick -2 +1 7d6 Strike

2 Weapon Element: Karate Weapons, Staffs

Perks

45 Sanctum Sanctorium: Vehicles & Bases

5 Hall of Justice and Hovercraft donation: Vehicles & Bases

5 Fringe Benefit: International Police Powers

3 Member of the Justice Squaderon: Reputation (A large group) 14-, +1/+1d6

10 Money: Wealthy

20 Wong Hamir (manservent): Follower

Talents

4 Speed Reading (x10)

15 Skill Master (+3 with all Skills based on INT)

Skills

6 +2 with Magic

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

2 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Unarmed Combat

3 Stealth 13-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS Alchemy (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) KS Arcane and Occult lore (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) KS Atlantean Civilisation (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) KS Celtic Civilisation (3 Active Points) 13-

2 5) KS Celtic Civilisation (3 Active Points) 13-

2 6) KS Demonology (3 Active Points) 13-

2 7) KS Herbilism (3 Active Points) 13-

2 8) KS International law (3 Active Points) 13-

1 9) KS Martial Arts (2 Active Points) 11-

2 10) KS Other Dimensions (3 Active Points) 13-

4 11) KS The Mystic World (5 Active Points) 15-

1 12) KS The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-

1 13) KS Witchcraft (2 Active Points) 11-

1 TF: Grav Vehicles/Hovercraft

3 Systems Operation 13-

3 Linguist

1 1) Latin (English is native): Language (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 2) Language: Ancient Atlantean (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 3) Language: Hebrew (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 492

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features Mystic Aura: (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

15 Dependent NPC: Sara Allen (love intrest) 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

5 Social Limitation Must follow Justice squadron's rules: (Occasionally, Minor)

20 Hunted by Dormammu: 11- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Must live up to his father's reputation: (Very Common, Strong)

15 Hunted Duke Mordu: 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation : Secret id: Kent Strange (Frequently, Major)

15 Hunted Dr Fate (mentor): 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing: (Common, Total)

15 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 135

Hey, I'm CoreBrute, the guy who made Dr Strange II (I think somethings got messed up in the hdc file though).

Here is reasons I would like playing him.

1st. His father was killed during the Inferno event, and now he has had to work in his father's shadow. He has had the training and watching of Dr Fate, his god father but now he has the chance to prove himself with real heroes.

2nd. He is a great asset to the team because of his knowledge of matters the others don't understand, namely magic. His knowledge of lost civilisations doesn't go amis.

3rd. His general flexibilty. With his VPP he is quite capable to take on any role in the party, or adapt for any situation or enemy.

I will be sending the corrected version of the character sheet to the GM, as well as posting the sanctum sanatorium up here.

The Sanctum Sanctorium

Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes 9 BODY 2 8 10 11-

3 size

5 Def

powers:

Shroud of secrets: Invisibility to Sight and Mystic Groups, Radar, Spatial Awareness and Mind Scan

Door to The Study: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension), x2 Increased Weight (25 Active Points); OIF Immobile (-1 1/2)

Protection wards: Life Support (Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing)

All seeing eyes: Clairsentience (Hearing, Mystic And Sight Groups And Spatial Awareness), Single Dimension (55 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2), Fixed Perception Point (-1)

Force Field (20 PD/20 ED/20 Mental Defense) (Protect Carried Items) (70 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4), Visible (-1/4), Crew-Served (2 people; -1/4)

total powers cost: 113

skills:

21 Concealment 18-

13 Disguise 14-

25 Security Systems 20-

25The Library from Babylon: +5 with Knowledge skills

perks:

5 Location: Suburb

talent:

30 Universal Translator 11-, Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (30 Active Points)

disadvantages:

10 Hunted Duke Mordu: 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Dependent NPC: Dr Strange II and Wong Hamir 14- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

I think this is it.

More Quantum updating

More tweaking here. Among other things, I've swapped out a couple of the disads, upped his dex and gotten rid of his combat skill levels, upped his int a bit and freed up some points.

Part of the issue with him is he is new to his form. He would not have been a practicing super hero and so isn't going to have some of the skills you'd one might normally have. My plan there is to hold out those points until after at least one adventure and apply them as Lesson's Learned.

Nathanial Allen Cobert Player:

Val Char Cost

15/50 STR 5

30 DEX 60

10/26 CON 0

12/18 BODY 4

23 INT 13

18 EGO 16

10 PRE 0

10 COM 0

3/38 PD 0

2/33 ED 0

5 SPD 10

5/29 REC 0

20/52 END 0

25/57 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3"/10" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 108

Cost Power END

Metal Skin, all slots Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

42 1) Metal Skin I: Armor (0 PD/28 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (52 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 0

42 2) metal skin II: Armor (28 PD/0 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (52 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 0

24 3) Metal Skin III: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 0

24 4) Metal Skin IV: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 0

50 Atom Flight: Multipower, 50-point reserve

5u 1) Combat mode: Flight 20", Usable [As Second Mode Of Movement] (+1/4) (50 Active Points) 5

3u 2) Flight 8", MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (32 Active Points) 3

75 Energy Control: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) All forms of Energy: Energy Blast 12d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 7

7u 2) Absorption 15d6 (energy, End/Stun) (75 Active Points) 0

7u 3) Energy Blast 15d6 (75 Active Points) 7

22 Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory (27 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (matter is energy; -1/4) 0

5 Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 5 Minutes (-1 3/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 0

1 Mental Defense (5 points total) 0

Atomic Effects, all slots Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

16 1) Life Support (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 0

10 2) +6 BODY (12 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

26 3) +16 CON (32 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

22 4) +14 REC (28 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

28 5) +35 STR (35 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 3

6 High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OAF (-1) 0

Powers Cost: 422

Cost Skill

3 Paramedics 14-

3 Systems Operation 14-

2 KS: Justice Squardon Foes 11-

2 KS:International Law 11-

5 Language: French (idiomatic; literate)

2 TF: Science Fiction & Space Vehicles

3 Jack of All Trades

2 1) PS: Electronics (3 Active Points) 14-

2 2) PS: Mechanic (3 Active Points) 14-

2 3) PS: electrician (3 Active Points) 14-

3 Navigation (Air, Space) 14-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Optics 14- (3 Active Points) [Notes: The field of optics usually describes the behavior of visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light; however because light is an electromagnetic wave, similar phenomena occur in X-rays, microwaves, radio waves, and other forms of electromagnetic radiation and analogous phenomena occur with charged particle beams. Optics can largely be regarded as a sub-field of electromagnetism. Some optical phenomena depend on the quantum nature of light relating some areas of optics to quantum mechanics. In practice, the vast majority of optical phenomena can be accounted for using the electromagnetic description of light, as described by Maxwell's Equations.]

2 2) SS: Physics 14- (3 Active Points)

3 Analyze: Energy Signature 14-

3 Tracking 14-

3 Deduction 14-

5 Cramming

Skills Cost: 50

Cost Perk

5 Vehicles & Bases

3 Reputation (A large group) 14-, +1/+1d6

5 Fringe Benefit: International Police Powers

Perks Cost: 13

Val Disadvantages

10 Psychological Limitation: code vs killing (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Living up to his father (Common, Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: Gets wrapped up in solving scientific issues he can be oblvious to whats arround him. (Uncommon, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective on Innocence (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Avoids the Press (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Hunted: Justice Squadron, Rogues Gallery 11- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: US Military Intellegence 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

5 Hunted: French Government 8- (As Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Hunted: Father's old enemies 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

10 Social Limitation: Public ID (Occasionally, Major)

5 Social Limitation: Must follow Justice Squadron Rules (Occasionally, Minor)

10 Social Limitation: New Guy (Occasionally, Major) [Notes: New to the Superhero world, new to his powers. From his perspective, he will working with famous people. From their perspective, who the heck is this guy?]

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Magic (Uncommon)

15 Dependent NPC: girl friend - Barbara Kincaid 11- (Normal) [Notes: Think Barbara Straisand's character from What's Up Doc: Brilliant, scattered, all kinds of strange knowledge, unlucky]

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 450 Experience Required: 0 Total Experience Available: 0 Experience Unspent: 0 Total Character Cost: 593

Height: 1.90 m Hair: Brown

Weight: 100.00 kg Eyes: Brown

Appearance:

Personality: Nate is a scientist with abilities both in the theoretical world and in practical world. He wishes to work to improve the human condition, and follow in his father's footsteps

Quote:"Don't call me Captain Atom. My father held that name. He earned the rank of Captain. So far, I haven't earned any name. If you to call me by a name other than the one I was born with, you can call me Quantum".

Background: Son of Captain Atom and Catherine Cobert

Holds dual citizenship between US and and France.

Intiially raised by his mother, he didn't find out who his father was until later. With his combined engineering and science background he worked initially with the French space program. On a join US/French project, a torrorist attack resulted in emergency conditions with with the potential of the destruction of a major city. One of the US scientists, Dr. Andrew Glover, found Nate and suggested they put Nate through the same process that created both Captain Atom and Major Force, stating that he believed the time shift had been compensated for. The process is successful, as is the rescue.

Now he suddenly finds himself in the super human world. With is ability to lift massive payloads up into space as well as repair satilites in place, the French want to use him to "suplement" their space program. Nate himself is reluctant to say the least to put an industry's employees out of work. He also resents being forced into a repairman's slot when he has trained to be a scientist. The offer from the Justice Squadron comes at an oportune time.

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use:

I realise my character sheet hasn't been up for the general public yet, so I have put up a version for anyone to see online: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dqkbtr2_0xd8qbhfv

Here is his backstory, which isn't written up.

Born shortly before the Inferno Incident (see here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Marvel_Comics)), He was given the name of his godfather, Kent Nelson aka Dr Fate. During the Inferno Incident Dr Strange and Dr Fate both took down hundreds of Demons before Dr Strange concucted a plan to close the gate, after Illayna refused to close it herself.

While Dr Fate distracted the demons S'ym and N'astirh, Dr Strange would force the gate closed himself, using his incredible will power and strength. However since it was mutant and demon powers he was dispelling it (Illyana had mutated into a demon before creating the gate) he would be very weak and need a lot of time to close the gate.

The plan was working and the gate closed slowly but steadily, and the number of demons reduced until it all went wrong. Dr Strange' arch rival baron Mordo arrived and attacked Dr Strange from behind and caused him to lose control of the spell. The gate then proceeded to draw him into the portal, and Duke Mordo laughed in glee.

But as a last act for the world Dr Strange used him magic to grab Mordo and dragged him into hell alongside him. As the gate closed behind them, Magik resumed control of her body and the two Demons S'ym and N'astrih, their plan foiled, disappeared into smoke.

However it was not a time for rejoicing for the Strange family, and young Kent Strange grew up under the tutalage of Dr Fate, who trained him in the arts and acted as Sorcerer Supreme until Dr Strange was old enough to take his position.

Since then he has fought numerous demons and other worldly threats alongsde his faithful man servant Wong Hamir.

Powers and tactics: A master of magic he can use numerous spells and creates new ones all the time to combat various threats. He usually stays long distance away and strikes from a far, using his cloak to teleport from location to location, And absorbing enemy magic for his own spells but he is no wimp to hand to hand combat. He has trained in Martial arts under Wong for if his magic ever failed him.

One of his greatest gifts is his knowledge of vast subjects iinvolving but not limited to most forms of magic. He is also a trained paramedic and well versed in languages (most dead but still). And his knowledge will only continue to grow as time goes on.

Any thing else you need to know, just post here or PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I want to apologize for not getting back to this sooner but real life sometimes gets in the way. I want to thank everyone who applied. However the other members of the Squadron have spoken and the following characters have be selected.

Dr. Strange II by Core Brute

Zecherias Jones by Drakkenkin

Quantum by Short Shot.

I have contacted all of these about still being interested and have heard back from Core Brute & Drakkenkin.

Short Shot if you still want to play Quantum please PM me or email me @ jcmcminis@yahoo.com.

Drakkenkin you still need to apply to the campaign at herocentral to so I can get you in.

• 2 weeks later...