Incarnation Awareness

Egyptoid

Here's a power from Marvel Superheroes...

Incarnation Awareness: You can remember the events of your past lives. Moreover, you can send messages to your past incarnations when they were actually living and receive them from future incarnations (though not vice versa). The ability to communicate with a character's former lives and incarnations, and ask them to perform deeds that will help him later on. You can recall and contact one past life (starting with the most recent and moving sequentially backwards) for every two points of Intensity.

one of the examples given is that: the Hero needs to break into a bad guy base, and so he tells his 1900s self to dig a tunnel from X to Z coordinates. and voila, when he gets to outskirts of said base in 2008, there's a tunnel that goes 97% of the way into the bottom floor of the villain HQ. Another example is setting up a trust fund that pays off to help the Hero do something that takes money (an instance, not necessarily a perm. Wealth score.)

Has anyone ever built this particular gem in Hero terms ?

Re: Incarnation Awareness

The memory and the communication from the future sounds like limited Clairsentience.

The communication to the past sounds like the Transdimentional Advantatge on Telepathy (and possibly Transdimentional Mind Scan).

The Deus Ex Machina is either EDM or a pretty large VVP.

This sounds awfully like some sort of wish fulfillment power (typically done with EDM which, personally, I hate on a philosophical level), dressed in a very snazzy topcoat, coupled with some sort of precognition.

Beautiful idea, but I have to say I can hear something going AROOOOOOGAAAAA!

The memory and the communication from the future sounds like limited Clairsentience.

The communication to the past sounds like the Transdimentional Advantatge on Telepathy (and possibly Transdimentional Mind Scan).

The Deus Ex Machina is either EDM or a pretty large VVP.

On second thought, I'd probably just treat the communication as part of the SFX of the other powers.

Yeah, tunneling Invis power effects, yadda yadda...I'd have to add in a activation roll...."You granpa Cletus Did dig a tunnel, but Base master found it doing engineering surveys and filled it in before he built anything....

It's an odd power, but it's a SFX for reality controll. "I sent a message to my ansester to buy half of microsoft, as a penny stock, so I am a Billionaire....and then...."

I guess the Future self communication is a kind of Hunted "Future self asks me to do pointless things" (11) "To the Doom-mobile! Wait, my fiture self wants me to dig a 500' tunnel..." "And buy a Lot of my little poneys...?" "And the November 2002 issue of Hustler..????"

Not hard to build, and I've had PCs with time travel before that could basically manage this. Easiest with a VPP (though a long multi works fine) with Limited Class of Powers: Past/Future Communication Powers (-1/4 or -0): the character will have access to great gadgets and devices (making it a sort of gadget pool), and can reasonably pull off many of the USPDB tricks from the Luck section and the Precognition section. On the other hand, all sorts of direct uses of the VPP without a justifiable gadget will fail (though allowing gadgets planted by past selves might get around that, thus the -0). No real need for wish fulfillment EDM in most cases, though transformation attacks may be needed.

As to the possible Perks (wealth, contacts), I'd probably just have the PC buy them straight, with the SFX that his past selves helped him out. I'd buy the contacts as a Group Contact: Contacts Set Up By My Past Selves, at 3x cost. Alternatively, they might fit in the VPP; GM's call.

The version I decided on is Luck, with Precognitive special FX.

It is primarily a non-combat power...

The power has 2 chances for side effects,

the first is one the Skill roll itself (Temporal Comm. Skill)

and the second is if none of the luck dice show a 6, and at least one 1

plus I am using the hunted idea. the Activation roll is perfect for simulating the intrusion and interference of future selves.

So to me, the power works like this: once per game session, the player describes what he would like to happen, that is possible for a past self

to set in motion for him. Then he makes his "Luck" roll.

with one six, he gets some small snippet of help versus the bad guys.

with two sixes, he he gets good help.

with three sixes, he he gets major help, and gives the bad guys a little setback somehow.

with four or more sixes rolled, the bad guys are probably so shook up they may tuen themselves in.

I think the cash and investment idea would be a wash: for every time you have Great Grandpa Cletus set up the super trust fund, your descendant sends you a text message needing cash.

Nothing much turned me on in the USPD Luck or Precog sections,

but I did like this: Future Assistance: Aid 4d6, Side Effects, Self Only (-1/2)

or some one-shots Perks seem appropriate. Gadget Pool is nice.

Retrocog, Tunnel, Summon, and Favors seem appropriate.

Also Bugging, Forgery, Security Sys, Cramming, and a few other skills.

Plus Images versus sound, only to say AARROOOOOOOGGAAA !!! :D

thanks for the input....

Here's a power from Marvel Superheroes...

Incarnation Awareness: You can remember the events of your past lives. Moreover, you can send messages to your past incarnations when they were actually living and receive them from future incarnations (though not vice versa). The ability to communicate with a character's former lives and incarnations, and ask them to perform deeds that will help him later on. You can recall and contact one past life (starting with the most recent and moving sequentially backwards) for every two points of Intensity.

one of the examples given is that: the Hero needs to break into a bad guy base, and so he tells his 1900s self to dig a tunnel from X to Z coordinates. and voila, when he gets to outskirts of said base in 2008, there's a tunnel that goes 97% of the way into the bottom floor of the villain HQ. Another example is setting up a trust fund that pays off to help the Hero do something that takes money (an instance, not necessarily a perm. Wealth score.)

Has anyone ever built this particular gem in Hero terms ?

For knowledge, I'd make that a VPP for knowledges and skills (the character remembers things, or in this case, is told something or how to do something). For others, I'd go with Luck, maybe with a skill roll (the communication with ancestors skill). Since Luck is a pretty subjective power, it can have any of the results you want (such as finding the hidden tunnel your great-great-great self had built).

Edit - maybe put a limitation on this that the power can be limited to his incarnations only, which can start out undefined, and would get narrowed down as the game progressed - "you can't dig a tunnel here, you have been travelling in South America those years, remember?"). It would require more paperwork, but if you wanted an outlet for creativity, this is one. I'd only suggest a -1/4 for this limitation, though.

The version I decided on is Luck' date='[/b'] with Precognitive special FX.

It is primarily a non-combat power...

The power has 2 chances for side effects,

the first is one the Skill roll itself (Temporal Comm. Skill)

and the second is if none of the luck dice show a 6, and at least one 1

plus I am using the hunted idea. the Activation roll is perfect for simulating the intrusion and interference of future selves.

So to me, the power works like this: once per game session, the player describes what he would like to happen, that is possible for a past self

to set in motion for him. Then he makes his "Luck" roll.

with one six, he gets some small snippet of help versus the bad guys.

with two sixes, he he gets good help.

with three sixes, he he gets major help, and gives the bad guys a little setback somehow.

with four or more sixes rolled, the bad guys are probably so shook up they may tuen themselves in.

I think the cash and investment idea would be a wash: for every time you have Great Grandpa Cletus set up the super trust fund, your descendant sends you a text message needing cash.

Nothing much turned me on in the USPD Luck or Precog sections,

but I did like this: Future Assistance: Aid 4d6, Side Effects, Self Only (-1/2)

or some one-shots Perks seem appropriate. Gadget Pool is nice.

Retrocog, Tunnel, Summon, and Favors seem appropriate.

Also Bugging, Forgery, Security Sys, Cramming, and a few other skills.

Plus Images versus sound, only to say AARROOOOOOOGGAAA !!! :D

thanks for the input....

Sounds good...luck sort is the best "fit" for reality controll in a playable form...glad you liked the evil Hunted (I just might be using that my self real soon..:) )