Naked Advantages Single and Grouped

revxopher

Alrighty, I'm having a heck of a time understanding how to build naked advantages. I can understand building a group naked advantage because the Hero Designer program seems to do it just fine. But can people throw some examples of single power naked advantages at me so I can see the math?

Actually examples of both couldn't hurt...I could be wrong about my understanding of group naked advantages too.

Thanks guys.

- revxopher

Re: Naked Advantages Single and Grouped

The cost of a 'naked advantage' that only affects a single power is figured as follows:

Step 1: Build the single power with the advantage

Step 2: Build the single power without the advantage

Step 3: Subtract the cost of Step 2 from the cost of Step 1 to get the cost of the 'naked advantage'

It's a custom power as far as Hero Designer is concerned because it is a custom calculation.

There are not many uses for a single power NA that make sense. Things like AoE on a power - sometimes it is useful to switch that off - especially if bought for strength - so a NA works BUT bear in mind that a NA costs END and acts as a seperate power. That means that if you buy reduced END for teh 'base' power that does not automatically apply to the NA - you have to buy Reduced END for that too, if you want it.

As a GM I don't allow NAs to circumvent active point totals (for instance a 60 point MP with a seperate NA Explosion outside the pool).

It's a custom power as far as Hero Designer is concerned because it is a custom calculation.

Hero Designer has a "Naked Advantage Power" that does the math for you.

Naked Advantages are also useful because they are Powers in their own right, so you can apply Advantages and Limitations to the NA itself.

If you have an Energy Blast, and a Naked Area Of Effect you can do things like have the Area Of Effect aspect require Gestures or such.

Also, not sure what is meant by "Single" versus "Group" - unless it is a reference to what you choose the NA to apply to; which must be chosen at the time of purchase (Autofire for all Guns or AoE for my Energy Blast, for example).