Crusader, version Skuld only knows...

Pyre-Archer

Inspired as much by the New Millennium Crusader as classic 4th edition Crusader. 250 points (125/125) Built for a possible campaign by the Questionman.

Comments?

Crusader

Val Char

14 STR

20 DEX

13 CON

14 BODY

13 INT

14 EGO

15 PRE

12 COM

3/8 PD

3/8 ED

4 SPD

10 REC

40 END

40 STUN

8" RUN

2" SWIM

4 1/2" LEAP 2

Characteristics Cost: 108

Cost Power END

20 Combat Staff: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots OIF (Focus: War Staff; -1/2)

1u 1) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (Focus: War Staff; -1/2) 1

1u 2) Energy Blast 3d6, No Normal Defense ([standard]; Built-in Taser; +1) (30 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (Focus: War Staff; -1/2) [8]

35 Shield: Multipower, 35-point reserve

1u 1) Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points) 0

3u 2) Force Wall (7 PD/7 ED) (35 Active Points) 3

2u 3) Energy Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Lockout (Thrown shield; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) 3

10 Armoured outfit: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0

Powers Cost: 73

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

Karate

4 1) Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 24 STR to Disarm

4 2) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 3) Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 1d6 NND ; Target Falls

4 4) Nerve Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND

1 5) Weapon Element: Clubs, Unarmed (Default Element)

Martial Arts Cost: 17

Cost Skill

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Power 11-

3 Criminology 12-

6 Computer Programming (Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers) 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Defense Maneuver I

2 KS:Pulp genre 11-

3 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles

3 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Staffs

Skills Cost: 35

Cost Talent

17 Combat Sense 14-

Talents Cost: 17

Total Character Cost: 250

Val Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

15 Hunted (GM Choice): 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Local police department: 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Dependent NPC: Anita Griffin: Younger sister (City university student) 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

5 Reputation: Masked crimefighter, 8-

10 Psychological Limitation: Knight Errant code of honour: (Common, Moderate)

5 Hunted: local gangs: 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID: (Frequently, Major)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code versus Killing: (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation:Justice not law mentality: (Common, Strong)

Disadvantage Points: 125

Base Points: 125

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Crusader, version Skuld only knows...

whats the skinny on crusader

The skinny? He showed up in the first through 4th edition of Champions, meeting his end at the hnads of his out of control student Crusdae in Underworld Unleashed (IIRC).

Martial Artist with a shield for missile deflection, glider wings, and (at least, in 3rd), Jet boots for some extra lift. Story is that he was a former CIA operative who was captured and brainwashed by VIPER as an assassin. Broke free after his first mission, and did the costumed vigilante bit for the rest of his career.

New Millennium Crusader is a time lost knight from Arthurian times (IIRC) with a magic sword and a high tech suit of armour.

The skinny? He showed up in the first through 4th edition of Champions, meeting his end at the hnads of his out of control student Crusdae in Underworld Unleashed (IIRC).

Martial Artist with a shield for missile deflection, glider wings, and (at least, in 3rd), Jet boots for some extra lift. Story is that he was a former CIA operative who was captured and brainwashed by VIPER as an assassin. Broke free after his first mission, and did the costumed vigilante bit for the rest of his career.

New Millennium Crusader is a time lost knight from Arthurian times (IIRC) with a magic sword and a high tech suit of armour.

i think i like the cia agent/viper assasin/super-hero bit better

By far my favorite of the old Champions heroes ... in one of my old campaigns, he was a Daredevil-like hero that was "killed" only to reappear a few months later. In reality, he'd went underground to uncover the true crime boss in the city. Taking him to justice, he streamlined his costume and came back to defend the city (taking down Crusade in the process). I had designed some villains for him, as well as taken some of the Dark Champions villains as part off his rogue's gallery. When I ended the campaign, he'd become an ally to the player heroes and helped them muster out a Viper's Nest right under their noses. He'd become a bit more "gadgety" and his updated sheet had a few costumes, gadgets, a vehicle and some boosted skills (like acrobatics & breakfall). I had wished he'd made it back through into 5th ... but then I hoped the same about many old favs ...

I kind of regret that he wasn't brought into 5th Edition with some of the other legacy characters.

Turns out that there is a Crusader mentioned in News of the World in the Justice Squadron entry; mystically themed vigilante, but he bought it during a fight against Takofanes (pg. 69).

Poor guy just can't seem to catch a break...