1970s-era Police Camaro

Egyptoid

Re: 1970s-era Police Camaro

and from the 80's.

Nice looking car though, I remember reading a Motor trend or Road & track comparing the Mustang and Camaro when CHP was testing them. The Mustang of course won, and went on to be used for almost 20 years. The CHP did use some Camaros in the 70's and again in the late 90s.

Thanks for the pic.

Guest Admiral C

This reminds me. My old boss told me about how the Nevada state patrol bought a couple of Maserati Boras to catch sports cars coming out of Las Vegas. He said he was pulled over by one.

looks like a 1989 or later model Camaro to me. fiber glass body panels and the RS logo means it can't have been earlier.

compared to a modern car its actually not all that quick the 0-60 seems to around the 8-9 second mark depending on the engine but i haven't been able to find a top speed yet.

to quote Elwood Blues.

"It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas,"

simplest build would just be to take the standard car in ultimate vehicle add the police options and maybe upgrade the acceleration braking and top speed slightly.

if your building it for a specific game I'd model it as slightly faster with better acceleration/deceleration than the cars it's going to be chasing but I'd make it a little harder to handle after all its a V8 pursuit interceptor a similar car in mad max was described as

"She's meanness set to music and the bitch is born to run! "

You should need real combat driving skill to drive one properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, Its actualy a 1991 or a 1992 The reason its not an 1983 or 1984 is because in that year they didnt have the vents infront of the tires and also they had little slots on the bottom of the front bumper. This is a 91 or 92 because of the vents in front of the tires..And the only thing that was different in the BC4 package that really made a difference was it could possibly have a 350 T.P.I, bigger front sway bar better shocks/springs and that was basicly it.

And yep the years with the round headlights was 1970-1981 This year was from 1982-1992 and the fourth gen was 1993-2002 and the first gen was 1967-1969

Hope that cleard some stuff up.

looks like a 1989 or later model Camaro to me. fiber glass body panels and the RS logo means it can't have been earlier.

compared to a modern car its actually not all that quick the 0-60 seems to around the 8-9 second mark depending on the engine but i haven't been able to find a top speed yet.

to quote Elwood Blues.

"It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas,"

simplest build would just be to take the standard car in ultimate vehicle add the police options and maybe upgrade the acceleration braking and top speed slightly.

if your building it for a specific game I'd model it as slightly faster with better acceleration/deceleration than the cars it's going to be chasing but I'd make it a little harder to handle after all its a V8 pursuit interceptor a similar car in mad max was described as

"She's meanness set to music and the bitch is born to run! "

You should need real combat driving skill to drive one properly.

Yep the 0-60 on the RS was slow beacause it only as a 305 Throttle Body injected engine that only made 170Hp and 260ish foot pounds of tourqe

yeah its Definatly a 3rd generation Camaro buts it's probably after 89 because the RS designation(that's the logo on the bottom of the door) wasn't used until then(well it was but not since the late 70s).

Yep exactly. And then on top of that the vents in front of the tires mean its a 1991 or a 1992