Flash on 350 points

Hyper-Man

Hi everyone,

Here is my latest (incomplete) attempt at another classic Justice League member as a starting superhero to go along with Superman and Wonder Woman.

The biggest reason I haven't worked on Disadvantages yet is that I haven't been able to make up my mind if this should be Wally West or Barry Allen.

Comments and suggestions are welcome as always. :D

The Scarlet Speedster

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 5 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

27 DEX 15 14- OCV: 9/DCV: 9

25 CON 10 14-

12 BODY 4 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 13-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

12 COM 1 11-

11/19 PD 4 Total: 11/19 PD (3/11 rPD)

11/19 ED 3 Total: 11/19 ED (3/11 rED)

6 SPD 15 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

12 REC 6

50 END 0

36 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 71

Movement:

Running: 15"/33"/30"/66"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Teleportation: 8"/32"

Cost Powers END

Superspeed Powers (list)

5 1) +5 STR 1

24 2) +12 DEX (36 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

20 3) +10 CON

20 4) +2 SPD

3 5) Absolute Time Sense

17 6) Danger Sense (self only, out of combat, Function as a Sense, Intuitional) 13-/12-

3 7) +1 PER with all Sense Groups

5 8) Rapid ( x10) with Sight Group

13 9) Force Field (8 PD/8 ED), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (20 Active Points); Restrainable (Requires Movement; -1/2) 2

5 10) Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) (7 Active Points); Linked (Force Field; -1/2)

25 11) Running +9" (15"/33" total), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (25 Active Points) 1

Notes: Reduced END affects 6" base.

72 Superspeed Tricks: Multipower, 90-point reserve, (90 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Affected by Adjustment powers as an EC (-1/4)

4u 1) Superspeed Running: Running +18" (15"/33" total), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (45 Active Points) 2

3u 2) Faster than Newton's Laws of Motion: Flight 13", Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; Combat Acceleration/Deceleration, Megascale, No Turn Mode or Reduced End; +3/4) (45 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) 4

3u 3) Superspeed Molecular Control: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 35 Real Cost) Desolidification (40 Active Points) (Real Cost: 32) plus +1 with DCV (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) (Real Cost: 3) 5

3u 4) Faster than...: Teleportation 8", No Relative Velocity, x2 Increased Mass, x4 Noncombat, Invisible to Sight Group, SFX Only (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4), Only When In Contact With The Ground (-1/4) 4

3u 5) ...A speeding bullet: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) +3 Overall Skill Levels (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) (Real Cost: 20) plus Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) (Real Cost: 10) 4

1u 6) Superspeed Recovery: Healing BODY 1d6+1 (standard effect: 4 points), [two powers] simultaneously (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Turn; +1 1/2) (45 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

3u 7) Superspeed Clothes-Line: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Area Of Effect (Trail; 12"; +1) (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 4

Notes: +1 DC of damage per velocity divisor x2.25. Passing Strike (8d6 base) gets +1 DC /+11" movement.

3u 8) Superspeed Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Does x1 1/2 Knockback (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 4

Notes: 12d6 total when used with Sacrifice Strike.

Speedster Martial Arts

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Flying Dodge -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

5 Passing Throw +0 +0 4d6 +v/5; Target Falls; FMove

5 Sacrifice Strike +1 -2 8d6 Strike

5 Passing Strike +1 +0 4d6 +v/5; FMove

5 Passing Disarm -1 -1 Disarm, 30 STR to Disarm; FMove

Perks

2 It's The Flash!: Reputation (A large group) 11-, +1/+1d6

Talents

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Skills

3 Breakfall 14-

1 Concealment 8-

1 Navigation 8-

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

1 Superspeed: Power 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 279

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Re: Flash on 350 points

Physical Limitation: Needs Extra Food is an obvious one: the Flash burns up so much energy even at rest that he has to eat an enormous amount to avoid crippling fatigue. We're talking Michael Phelps levels of consumption multiplied by a factor of about three.

The most obvious disad for the Flash, of course, is Hunted: Rogue's Gallery. The Flash's foes are a colorful lot, and join forces frequently (even socializing together). Guys like Captain Cold, The Trickster, Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master are much more formidable than they would appear at first glance. Individually most are less powerful than he is, using gadgetry rather than inborn superpowers, but together they are As Powerful (especially given their tendency to appear two or three at a time).

Physical Limitation: Needs Extra Food is an obvious one: the Flash burns up so much energy even at rest that he has to eat an enormous amount to avoid crippling fatigue. We're talking Michael Phelps levels of consumption multiplied by a factor of about three.

The most obvious disad for the Flash, of course, is Hunted: Rogue's Gallery. The Flash's foes are a colorful lot, and join forces frequently (even socializing together). Guys like Captain Cold, The Trickster, Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master are much more formidable than they would appear at first glance. Individually most are less powerful than he is, using gadgetry rather than inborn superpowers, but together they are As Powerful (especially given their tendency to appear two or three at a time).

The food thing began with Wally West and I'm still not sure if I want this version to be Wally or Barry yet.

The food thing began with Wally West and I'm still not sure if I want this version to be Wally or Barry yet.

The Justice League animated version of the Flash also has the food issue. I don't recall if it's specified whether he's Wally or Barry, and secret identity issues never came up. Of course, as a lesser known character than Superman or Batman (which, admittedly, isn't all that hard) it's likely viewers of the animated series wouldn't know the difference anyway.

The Justice League animated version of the Flash also has the food issue. I don't recall if it's specified whether he's Wally or Barry' date=' and secret identity issues never came up. Of course, as a lesser known character than Superman or Batman (which, admittedly, isn't all that hard) it's likely viewers of the animated series wouldn't know the difference anyway.[/quote']

Justice League specified Flash as Wally a couple of times.

My early Teen Titans version of Wally just has the usual stuff like Secret ID, Psych Limitations and "teen stuff" from Teen Champions.

For an adult version I would throw in DNPC(s) and Hunteds, and swap around the Psych Lims a bit. (The early TTs mainly focussed on cases involving teens, of course, and I gave them disads to match.)

Let's see. My TT version has:

---

100+ Disadvantages

20 DNPC: Troubled Teen Of The Month, Incompetent, 11-)

5 Distinctive Feature: Uses "Hip" language (Easily Concealed)

10 Hunted: Parents (and the Flash) (As Pow, 8-, NCI, Mildly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Protects and Helps Teens in Trouble (Common, Total)

10 Social Limitation: Minor (Under 16)(Frequently, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Wally West, student)(Frequently, Major)

200 Total Disadvantage Points

---

I prefer Barry in the adult Flash role, so my adult version might have:

---

200+ Disadvantages

15 DNPC: Iris West, Normal, Useful Noncombat Position, Unaware of identity 11-

20 Hunted: Flash's Rogues Gallery 14- (Very Frequently), As Powerful, Harshly Punish

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Barry Allen, police scientist)(Frequently, Major)

10 Unluck: 2d6

300 Total Disadvantage Points

---

Of course this is only 100 points of disads. I've become a bit lazy about this, since I've been mainly building 250 pointers lately.

The Unluck is mostly me being lazy, but is reasonable enough.

Guest Admiral C

The Justice League animated version of the Flash also has the food issue. I don't recall if it's specified whether he's Wally or Barry' date=' and secret identity issues never came up. Of course, as a lesser known character than Superman or Batman (which, admittedly, isn't all that hard) it's likely viewers of the animated series wouldn't know the difference anyway.[/quote']

It was Wally West. They identified him with his full name during the Hawkgirl/Thanagarian polot arc.