Any more Ultimate Series books on the horizon

Dragon-D1

Hi, I was wondering if there are anymore Ultimate series books for the superhero archetypes planned before 6th ED? (such as Gadgeteer, Patriot, Power Armor, and Weapon Master none of which exist as far as I know, though I guess Gadgeteer is somewhat covered by Gadgets and Gear, and Weapon Master is mostly covered by UMA)

• 7 months later...

Re: Any more Ultimate Series books on the horizon

I am seriously thinking that a book called the Ultimate Disadvantage would be another place to go. By looking at each power and each disadvantage, we would be able to answer questions on the best way to play disadvantages, make them more part of the game and make more playable. I would be even willing to discuss my concept and work on such a book for a writing credit, a copy of the completed book and set of 6th edition rules. I find the Ultimate series to clear up a number of questions and allow players to explore new concepts and ideas. It give most ideas on how to create characters they desired. I see how you can elevate disadvantages and limitations based on the type of character and the kind of campaign. How many GMs have clear ideas on what kind of limitations or disadvantages should be considered common, uncommon or rare? There is a lot more that can be done.

At this point we've still got The Ultimate Base, and that's it for the foreseeable future. There are remaining titles we could do, but most of them require too much work for the return (e.g., Ultimate Weapon, Ultimate Armor) or can have the bulk of whatever truly new material they'd contain folded into other books (e.g., Ultimate Gadgeteer).

Ultimate Base is the last of the Ultimate Series under 5th Edition... and as I understand it the last of the series completely.

Well phui! :P Those were becoming the only books I always buy.

We'll see what 6th edition looks like....

I don't get on the message boards often but how about doing up some PDFs on each of those topics that can be updated and downloaded. Ultimate Disadvantage, Weapon, Armour, Gadgeteer and more could just be databases of new things that would be added to. I see they are selling some things so that you buy it for a year with updates included like software. There could even be a package deal for all the databases for a year. Might want to add things like a NPC or newest history of the Champions Universe. You might even want to create something of a mix and match sort of picking of parts you buy. I was actually thinking of a database of official things and more like lists to view to get ideas or see how others have bought things. That might be a better idea than doing an Ultimate for every little aspect. Might be a great way to make some money off of projects that don't quite qualify to be published but you have done some work on it. Just an idea. After all, I hear Hero is going into online gaming and such. Might be time to put out more.