Dark Champions vehicles in real life

matrix3

I looked and didn't see a similar thread, so I thought I'd start one. I saw an armored SUV that made me think it would fit right into a Dark Champions campaign. (From Uncrate)

Standard and additional features included in the KNIGT XV's armouring package:

Transparent armour: The ballistic glass used in the KNIGHT XV is manufactured only by the leading manufacturers of ballistic transparencies. Our team of designers and engineers work closely with the manufacturers of ballistic transparencies to ensure that the glass module meets the protection and tint level required. In addition, we ensure that the glass meets the requirements of our overlap armouring technique when it is combined with the installation of the opaque armour.

Opaque armour: Only the highest quality high strength steel, ballistic aluminium, composites, aramid and ceramics are used in the manufacturing of the KNIGHT XV ‘s opaque armour, to meet or exceed established norms.

Firewall (wall between engine and passenger compartment): The KNIGHT XV armour offers protected firewall where necessary.

Doors: Due to the added weight of the transparent and opaque armour in doors, the door hinges are reinforced using a proprietary system to completely avoid hinge failure and prevent sheet metal fatigue around the hinge system.

All of the armouring materials used on our KNIGHT XV vehicle have been certified by H.P. White Laboratory, Inc. (a highly regarded US independent ballistics testing laboratory).

Re: Dark Champions vehicles in real life

Probably not' date=' but I'll be using the picture to show what vehicle the NPC Agents show up in.[/quote']

At first I thought it was Knight Industries and expected a KITT gag.

Anyway, I can definitely find a write up to use w/ the picture....like....

http://www.killershrike.com/MetaCyber/WriteUps/Urban%20Assault%20Vehicle.HTML

I just wish it had a roof-mounted turret option. Then I would definitely buy one :eg:

I saw something like that in a popsci years ago, an experimental military vehicle for urban warfare. It had a roof turret, though it only shot "non-lethal" things like industrial pepper spray or foam of some sort.

I noticed that the Knight XV doesn't have a listed specification for mpg. But at six and a half tons GVW, it's probably more like gpm.

OTOH it also looks like it'd make a decent vehicle for a Batman-like character in (regular) Champions. Convert the engine to use compressed hydrogen and reshape the exterior for a more aerodynamic form, and you can be pretty close to one I've actually designed.

• 2 weeks later...