Heavy character with Teleport

Crissa

Re: Heavy character with Teleport

Really? Do you need Usable simultaneous thingy to use the other movement powers? O-o The book I have just suggested 5 points per doubling of cargo/people.

-Crissa

Useable Simultaneously would lend the power to the rider; he'd be able to teleport of his own volition, away from the unicorn, in whatever direction he desired (while spending his own END). If the unicorn is, literally, carrying people around and they have to go where he goes, when he goes, then the 5-point doubling of mass is what you need.

it would be the unicorn and any equipment that the unicorn had(barding,saddle bags)

so the 600kg unicorn is fine with the base teleport

should the unicorn want to carry that virgin knight it would need to pay +5 pts for the extra 100kg want to carry 2 virgin knights +5 more pts to carry the extra 200 kg

want to t-port 400 kg that will be a total of +15 pts to your base teleport

100 kg is the default wt of a character unless otherwise stated but the extra mass carried starts at 100 kg and doubles for every +5pts paid on top of the base teleport power

Thanks!

What about the answer to my first question... What would the unicorn's capacity be?

-Crissa

• 2 months later...

Glad to see that others see things this way. I was just dealing with a character with six levels of growth and six levels of density increase - at full power he's nearly 410 metric tons. And he has teleport with x4 mass - so if you don't count the extra mass in 100kg increments, he'd be able to transport himself and an additional 1200 metric tons. A little unbalancing, methinks.

I have a unicorn with combat Teleport.

Would you rule that the first 100kg of teleport ability refers to the 600kg of unicorn? So that any additional weight bought would refer to anything not the unicorn?

-Crissa

Teleportation behaves just like all* other movement powers in that it works for the power's owner regardless of their own personal mass.

*(There is an option for not counting STR gained from Density Increase towards a character's base Leaping - which is normally STR/5 but Density does not affect purchased Leaping in the least)

Teleportation behaves differently than all other movement powers in that it has its own unique rules for carrying extra passengers or inanimate objects. For 5 points the character can carry 100kg, for every extra 5 points spent the character can carry x2 mass. (UBO is not necessary for this)

Glad to see that others see things this way. I was just dealing with a character with six levels of growth and six levels of density increase - at full power he's nearly 410 metric tons. And he has teleport with x4 mass - so if you don't count the extra mass in 100kg increments' date=' he'd be able to transport himself and an additional 1200 metric tons. A little unbalancing, methinks.[/quote']

Using my method he'd get 300kg EXTRA mass just like any OTHER character with "x4 mass" on their teleport. With the benefit that it does still use the usual exponential doubling rule. So if he bought another level of extra mass, it'd go to 700kg extra, not just 400kg extra.