V: HERO

Herolover

I think the aliens among us thing has been done better in many other ways. V was pretty entertaining for the time. I think my players would be too smart for much of it.

There's something about 80's mini-series and TV movies that featured characters with a dearth of common sense. The audience is always two steps ahead.

Dang! When I saw the thread title I assumed someone (with excellent taste) was planning a campaign based on me!

Admittedly it would have been hard to model all the pysch limitations, not to mention the imaginary followers, but hey, I'd have played it.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be interesting to do a short-term mini campaign perhaps, but who would the characters be... after all there's only one V (sort of) and most of the other characters were seriously messed up.

Hang on- V was seriously messed up too. Eric Finch was probably the most normal person in the series and he was on the wrong side (again, sort of).

FYI there was a decent write up of V in the Champions forum. If you do a search on Vendetta you ought to find it.

I'm a fan too... as the nickname, avatar and autosig may suggest...

Even Finch ended up pretty messed up, now that I think about it.

I guess we are talking Dark Champions, both in game style and game tone, but if you have bunch of moody players, it could work.

If you were going to run a game in that setting, there are two possibilities.

You could run it prior to the death of V. I assume that he was not the only rebel, given the size and strength of the Hand: merely the most successful. In that case the players would also be rebels and V might be a shadowy background figure: a legend who puts in brief cameo appearances, but definitely not a regular figure.

Or you could un it after the death of V with the dictatorship in disarray, but not yet defeated. In that case, I would have the players recruited by V's successor. It would probably take a small dedicated group to mimic his effectiveness.

Wow. How's that for hijacking a thread (OK, you readers - everyone's coming with us!)

cheers, Mark

"Ooh dear Mr Glover, now my melons are falling out!"

There is always the possibility of running a spin off campaign based on either "Storm Saxon" or "You Have To Laugh, with Sid & Brenda."

Not sure which would be the most politically incorrect of course...