Help Make Energy Projectors Interesting

Checkmate

Re: Help Make Energy Projectors Interesting

Hearing Images of course. "I use my super-ventriloquism!" :)

Focussed sonic beam (AP RKA, basically a sonic laser. Maybe Continuous. Logically should also be IPE to Sight, but this is getting expensive. I like to get these things No Knockback as well.).

Sound waves that screw with people's brains and coordination. (Drain DEX, maybe even Mind Control.)

Flash to Hearing Sense Group (and/or Transform Hearing Person to Deaf Person).

Sound waves that jelly the interiors of soft targets (RKA NND Does BODY, again IPE, again expensive).

Of course all this can be bought with the nifty, cost-saving -1/4 Limitation "not in a vaccum."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Help Make Energy Projectors Interesting

Well, my current (read: Only) Energy projector is a gadgeteer- and, in fact, almost as much gadgeteer as EP.

Needless to say, she stretches that gadget VPP to the breaking point- being both an EP and a gadgeteer means she's usually short on defense, especially when she's playing sniper (which is her normal role in the group, though the VPP means she can and will run backup if some guys aren't there that week). This combined with a couple of Analyze skills running Complementary to a Find Weakness at 14- makes her absolutely deadly, even in secret ID- and she's already used that to immense effect, coring Gemini twice in hero ID and dealing Foxbat's latest plan a deathblow in her scret ID.

It doesn't hurt that she has the strength to back up a nice HKA. Yes, you heard that right, HKA and Strength on an energy projector. 4d6 of it in the multipower, which allows her to stay out of entangles and generally set up her big guns, most of which are OAFs. It's also a great help against automatons who think they're hot stuff.

Most of the other powers are incidental, and typical EP fare- an Entangle, a Force Wall, etc.

tl;dr- take something that's not part of the typical EP 'game plan' and stretch it for all it's worth. Chances are you'll both be more effective in combat and get yourself some decent variety when the chips are down.