the fabulous five

bubba smith

Re: the fabulous five

while reading the millenium city sourcebook and these boards i came acroos refferences to a fantatic four homage team called the fabulous five

what can you tell me about them?

I found two of them in Digital Hero #10 (May 2003).

Amazing Man I - Leader, Brain, Powers based on "Elemental Transmutation".

Kid Chameleon - Teenager, Animal Metamorph

I'll post more as I find it.

[edit]

I found the rest in Digital Hero #9 (April 2003)

Diamond - Crystalline Brick

Siren - Sonic based Energy Projector

Streak II - Speedster

[edit II]

I found two more in Digital Hero #11 (June 2003). These two replaced Amazing Man and Siren when they retired.

Kestral - Anthropomorphic birdwoman

Scirroco - Wind based Energy Projector

[edit III]

I found two more in Digital hero #12 (Aug 2003). These two replaced Chameleon (deceased) and Scirroco (depowered).

Draco - Anthropomorphic snakeman

Dart - Teenager, Bioelectricity based Energy Projector

I think this is everything. I hope it helps.

Well let's see. The 5 powered people were all part of a space ship crew that was planning to destroy comet X, a comet that was heading towards earth. The leader was called Michael Renton, and the ship they were on was called the Jules Verne.

After destroying the comet they were bathed in cosmic rays that created the following heroes:

Renton (Never changed name to my knowledge, leader and scientist)

DIAMOND (Thing parody, still active hero and member of the Sentinels)

Kid Chameleon (Dead)

Siren (retired)

Streak (Retired)

Besides that not much I'm afraid.

Well, there's a bit more. Renton, the original Amazing Man, and Siren are the parents of the current Amazing Man, former leader of the Sentinels and now retired to private industry after getting married in "Villainy Amok." Siren is now very involved with the United Nations and UNTIL (as seen in that book.) Diamond is still active with the Sentinels as of "Champs Universe: NOTW." There will be lots more on the F5 when I get around to writing Silver Age Champions- they're one of the leading hero teams of the 60s and 70s in the CU and continue to influence it today. dw

I can't wait for the Silver Age Champions book. I am a big fan of that time in comics. I'd have to say that all of my modern Champs campaigns would be described as Tarnished silver, or as one of my players put it, Electroplated steel.:D

I know the current Amazing Man is some kind of powered armour user. What powers did the original amazing man have' date=' or was he just super smart?[/quote']

IIRC Amazing Man II inherited his father's radiation-spawned power to transform matter, as well as his scientific brilliance. His now-wife Electron utilized and upgraded the powered armor and other technology invented by her late father, the hero Digitak.

I can't wait for the Silver Age Champions book. I am a big fan of that time in comics. I'd have to say that all of my modern Champs campaigns would be described as Tarnished silver' date=' or as one of my players put it, Electroplated steel.:D[/quote']

electropated steel age good one

Well' date=' there's a bit more. Renton, the original Amazing Man, and Siren are the parents of the current Amazing Man, former leader of the Sentinels and now retired to private industry after getting married in "Villainy Amok." Siren is now very involved with the United Nations and UNTIL (as seen in that book.) Diamond is still active with the Sentinels as of "Champs Universe: NOTW." There will be lots more on the F5 when I get around to writing Silver Age Champions- they're one of the leading hero teams of the 60s and 70s in the CU and continue to influence it today. dw[/quote']

thanks for the tip mr watts

Well' date=' there's a bit more. Renton, the original Amazing Man, and Siren are the parents of the current Amazing Man, former leader of the Sentinels and now retired to private industry after getting married in "Villainy Amok." Siren is now very involved with the United Nations and UNTIL (as seen in that book.) Diamond is still active with the Sentinels as of "Champs Universe: NOTW." There will be lots more on the F5 when I get around to writing Silver Age Champions- they're one of the leading hero teams of the 60s and 70s in the CU and continue to influence it today. dw[/quote']

Well hop to it, slacker! :winkgrin: