40 END 0

38 STUN 0

10" RUN 8

2" SWIM

5" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 161

Cost Power END

27 Utility Belt Multipower, OIF (-1/2) (collection of OAFs), 40-pt Reserve

1u Tangleweb minigrenades: 4d6 4 DEF Entangle, 4 Charges (-1), OAF (-1)

1u Combat disks: 8d6 EB vs. PD, 2 recoverable charges (-1), OAF (-1)

1u Weakness dart gun: 2 1/2d6 Drain vs Strength, Ranged (+1/2), Not vs. targets with full-coverage rPD (-1/4), OAF (-1), 6 Charges (-3/4)

1u Chemical gun: 1d6 RKA vs. PD, Penetrating (+1/2), AoE: 1 Hex (+1/2), OAF (-1), 6 Charges, continue 1 additional Phase (-1/2)

1u Laser torch: 1 pip RKA vs. ED, 0 END (+1/2), Penetrating x2 (+1), OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2)

1u Ice capsules: 4d6 Minor Transform: Freezes one small object. Heals back as temperature dictates. OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1)

1u Smoke pellets: 4" radius Darkness to Sight Group, 4 Charges continuing 1 turn (-1/2), OAF (-1)

1u Flash pellets: 3d6 Flash vs. Sight and Smell/Taste Group, OAF (-1), 6 Charges (-3/4)

1u Mini camcorder: Eifetic Memory, Sight/Hearing Only (-1/4), OAF (-1)

1u Rebreather: Life Support: Self-Contained Breathing, 1 Continuing fuel charge lasts 1 hour (-0), OAF (-1)

1u Minibinoculars: +6 vs. Sight Group Range Modifiers, OAF (-1), Concentrate: 1/2 DCV (-1/2)

1u Shotgun Mic: +4 vs. Hearing Group PER Rolls, +8 vs. Hearing Group Range Modifiers, OAF (-1), Concentrate: 1/2 DCV (-1/2)

1u Mini toolkit: +2 w/Criminology, Demolitions, and Security Systems, OAF (-1)

1u Paint Gun: 5d6 Cosmetic Transform: Paints all or part of target. Heals back with thorough scrubbing or vinegar. Partial transform (+1/2), OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1)

1u Swingline I: 20" Swinging, no NCM (-1/4), OAF (-1). END: 2

1u Swingline II: 14 STR Telekinesis, Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Limited types of manipulation of limited types of objects (-1/4), Range: 20" (-1/4), OAF (-1)

1u Lockpicks: +4 to Lockpicking, OAF (-1)

1u Libra-shaped shuriken: 1d6 RKA vs. PD, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire-3 (+1/4), 9 Recoverable charges (+1/4), Range: 20" (-1/4), OAF (-1)

1u First Aid Kit: +2 to Paramedics, OAF (-1)

---

10 Costume: 5 PD/5ED Armor, OIF (-1/2)

3 Mask I: 5 points Sight Group Flash Defense, OIF (-1/2)

7 Mask II: Nightvision plus UV Perception, both OIF (-1/2)

5 Hooked bracers: +15 STR, Only for Martial Disarm (-1 1/2), OIF (-1/2) END: +1

3 Hooked bracers: +2 DCV with Martial Disarm, OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 74

Cost Perk

1 Perk: Law License

1 Perk: Wealth(100k/yr)

2 Contact: Local Police Chief 11-

Perks Cost: 4

Cost Skill

2 PS: Attorney/Criminal Law 11-

2 KS: Courtroom Tactics 11-

10 Defense Maneuver IV

5 Rapid Attack (hand-to-hand)

3 Criminology 14-

3 Deduction 14-

3 Demolitions 14-

3 Security Systems 14-

3 Paramedics 14-

3 Shadowing 14-

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Lockpicking 14-

1 FAM w/Systems Operation 8-

5 +1 w/Intellect Skills (figured in)

3 Linguist

6 2-pt proficiency with Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Japanese, Cantonese Chinese

So'n Kung Fu/South American Judo Martial Arts Maneuvers:

4 Palm Strike (Martial Strike): 8d6 Strike

5 Choke Hold/Small joint lock: 2 1/2 d6 NND

4 Martial Block: +4 OCV +2 DCV, Abort

4 Martial Disarm/Weapon break: 55 STR Disarm

4 Martial Escape/Reversal: 45 STR Escape

4 +1 DC w/So'n Kung Fu/South American Judo (figured in)

12 +4 levels with Martial Arts maneuvers

2 KS: So'n Kung Fu 11-

2 KS: South American Judo 11-

Skills Cost: 107

Total Character Cost: 350 = 107 + 8 + 74 + 161

Val Disadvantages

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing

20 Psychological Limitation: Always protects innocent bystanders first, even at his own peril

10 Psychological Limitation: Soft spot for children

15 DNPC: Adopted Daughter 11-

15 DNPC: Law Partner 11-

20 Hunted: Team Villain or Villain Team 11-

15 Hunted: Rogue's Gallery 11-

20 Enraged when children are hurt, threatened, etc 14-/8-

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Ordeal

Looks nice' date=' but why the 25 Dex?[/quote']

Simply to give room to grow. This is a "Batman: Year Two" version of Ordeal, as reflected in some of his hinky stats and his 8 DC main attack. He was originally a 150 + 100 4e character and gained something like 75 XP over the course of that particular campaign, but also gained new Hunteds and a new DNPC... so I rewrote him as a 350, and have not had a chance to play him yet.

Additionally, he'd not meant to be a straight martial artist, a straight weapons master, or a straight superskilled detective; he's a Swiss Army knife. He does a lot of things, but does not outshine any dedicated archetype.

Simply to give room to grow. This is a "Batman: Year Two" version of Ordeal, as reflected in some of his hinky stats and his 8 DC main attack. He was originally a 150 + 100 4e character and gained something like 75 XP over the course of that particular campaign, but also gained new Hunteds and a new DNPC... so I rewrote him as a 350, and have not had a chance to play him yet.

Additionally, he'd not meant to be a straight martial artist, a straight weapons master, or a straight superskilled detective; he's a Swiss Army knife. He does a lot of things, but does not outshine any dedicated archetype.

Cool, if your just waiting to buy a 26, you get some usefullness for now and can buy it after one adventure woth luck....

Me I'd buy a 23 Dex and a 23 Con, the figureds will cover the cost for the speed most likely...

What sort of damage is normal for the game? "cause Ordeal looks light in that area, the obvious choice is Find Weak: All attacks, but that runs 30 pts. Exp can buy a few more Dc's with MA's. One thing you could do in the mean time is add in a Telescoping Baton or two for the Utility Belt.

Say 1 u HA+3D6 REnd>o, Ranged, OIF (Utility belt) (OAF in use) x2 Foci (+5 pts) HA -1/2

That would give you two 8 D6 capable Batons that you could chuck if you had too....and for 1 pt you can buy them usable with your MA.

He is by design low-damage, with several types of 8DC attacks. He can reach most opponents, but he's not a cannon. If you look at the utility belt, he's got a real "utility belt" of attack powers.

In the campaign he was in, damage topped out (but is not capped) around 15 DC, and top-end base CV is 10. So he was close but not at the top of either. btw he was at the top SPD for PCs.

He is by design low-damage, with several types of 8DC attacks. He can reach most opponents, but he's not a cannon. If you look at the utility belt, he's got a real "utility belt" of attack powers.

In the campaign he was in, damage topped out (but is not capped) around 15 DC, and top-end base CV is 10. So he was close but not at the top of either. btw he was at the top SPD for PCs.

Sounds cool then, as long as you can "hang" with the average damage, then it's all good...

I don't see any PS: Lawyer or any kind of knowledge skill that points to a specilization in the legal fields (like KS: Criminal Law' date=' KS: Family Law, KS: International Law, etc). He is a lawyer who make 1/2 a mil a year doing what?[/quote']

How could I have missed that? I know it was a copying error since I did about six iterations of the character until I thought I had it right. Thank you, this is as important a catch as an error with the arithmetic. Appreciated.

I've added a PS and KS for courtroom litigation and lowered his income.

How could I have missed that? I know it was a copying error since I did about six iterations of the character until I thought I had it right. Thank you, this is as important a catch as an error with the arithmetic. Appreciated.

I've added a PS and KS for courtroom litigation and lowered his income.

He could make some major bank if he is REALLY good (did you buy any luck) :D However, the big money is defending high dollar clients (like rich people and large firms). Unless you get into contract law... then the money can really rake in.

His first love is family law' date=' which he does pro bono. Mainly he litigates in a criminal law court. As he adds experience, I think I'll give him a KS in Superhuman Law, which could lead to interesting subplots, rather than just being background info.[/quote']

In the campaign I am just starting up, one of the players is a Defense Attorney. He took, PS: Lawyer, KS: Prime Law (Primes are what supers are call in the Catalyst world). There are VERY few people who have this kind of speciality and just about any wacko can claim to be a super. He also took DPNC, Current Client, 8-.