Entangle controlled by cybernetics

Split Decision

Re: Entangle controlled by cybernetics

If an Entangle ends immediately when the character who threw it is knocked out or killed' date=' is there a limitation on that?[/quote']

As a frequent GM, I would allow a limitation for that. I would base the cost on a similar limitation that can be taken for mental powers, Stops Working If Mentalist Is Knocked Out (-¼) or Stunned (-½).

Yeah' date=' I'd allow it but I would also double check to make sure there's not a better way to build it. TK or Force Wall, for example... but without knowing exactly what you are going for, that's hard to judge.[/quote']

A Force Wall with Feedback that is used to Englobe a target would be an interesting effect. Pounding the Wall and the Villain would both do damage.

I'd redirect the player to another power like TK with a grab only -1 limitation. TK is not persistent by definition and fits the bill.

The force wall angle works if you are trying to emulate the hard to hack through aspect of most entangles. This really is not required.

well, here's the power: A character throws an Entangle which is described as sharp coils of metal which constrict the target. In addition to the Entangle, there is an RKA built into it. The character can have the Entangle constrict, or let go through cybernetic command. But if he is KO'd, the Entangle falls harmlessly to the ground.

I have a good idea about what the RKA should look like, but I need to model the ability/limitation that ends the Entangle.

And I've also looked at TK. Not sure though, since it's got BODY and DEF, not just squeezing STR.

Well, there's already a similar effect in play for Entangles- the Susceptibility limitation, just make it for the controller being knocked out instead of being doused with alcohol, etc. Any reason that this could not be used to model the effect you want?

If an Entangle ends immediately when the character who threw it is knocked out or killed' date=' is there a limitation on that?[/quote']

Entangles can be "Vulnerable" to something that turns them off, as a Limitation.

Entangle 1d6, 1 DEF (10 Active Points); Vulnerable (Uncommon; -1/4)

Entangle 1d6, 1 DEF (10 Active Points); Vulnerable (Common; -1/2)

Entangle 1d6, 1 DEF (10 Active Points); Vulnerable (Very Common; -1)

So, just decide how common this sitch is and you are good to go.

Another option would be to use Telekinesis with a Physical Manifestation* and Limited Power (only to grab & crush) plus a Linked Continuous RKA (or HKA with Ranged where the STR of the TK can add). Build both with 0 END (or Continuous Charges) but without Persistent or Uncontrolled and it fits your sfx fairly well.

Probably very expensive.

*from 5er page 302,

PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION

Value: -¼

This -¼ Limitation signifies a power that, while not built as a Focus or the like, has some physical embodiment that other characters can attack. Examples include a Flight bought to simulate riding a column of force, Telekinesis defined as a giant stone hand that grabs things, or skating along an ice-slide.

When a character applies this Limitation to the power, he must define the exact nature of the physical manifestation; this requires the GM’s approval and may involve applying other Limitations to the power. Treat the manifestation like a Breakable Focus for purposes of determining its DEF and BODY. It has a DCV equal to the character’s base DCV (i.e., as calculated from DEX, with no other modifiers), unless the GM rules otherwise based on the size or nature of the manifestation.