Mental Defense, does this do what I think it does?

jwpacker

Re: Mental Defense, does this do what I think it does?

I think you can replace the AOE with Ranged' date=' but otherwise, I think so.[/quote']

In my game You could reduce the UBO to the minimum level. not sure how the rules actualy rule that one

The Ranged Advantage just allows the power to be initially granted at range.

Any power with UBO but without Range or AOE could be granted by touch and the recipients could then still keep the benefits at range as long as they stayed in line of sight with the power's owner.

Area Of Effect allows anyone in the target area to get the effect with a single To Hit Roll (against a Hex).

Ranged forces you to Target and Hit each recipient individually, one Attack Action at a time.

Area Of Effect: Selective & Usable As Attack is likely what the player wants to allow everyone that is "Hit" within the affected area to have the Power (that is under the Owner's control - not the Targets which is what UBO does) and only have it while in the Area (per normal AoE Rules regarding Attack Powers - only affected while in the area).