Online, real-time Hero System gaming?

Narf the Mouse

Re: Online, real-time Hero System gaming?

I love OpenRPG. Sadly it does glitch too much. Mostly with the game tree. However, I am considering returning to the 1.6.3 version which was much more stable, even though many of the features from the later version is missing.

Maptool is the more stable version and I understand that there has been some serious HERO friendlification work going on with it. Why yes, friendlification is a made up word. :D

Ventrillo' date=' Teamspeak, Skype, whatever would likely make a virtual table top application all the sweeter to use. I avoid them because my voice tends to break like a pubescent teenager.[/quote']

At least its distinctive. You could buy a voice modulator. Then you'd sound like a creepy heavy breather stalker guy. ;)

I like chat based so I can provide my own mood music' date=' personally.[/quote']I agree with that. The only real pull towards using VoIP is for folks like Terrie. A great player who might actually get more enjoyment out of the game.

I would need a sealed vault though, what with all the background noise in my apartment.

At least its distinctive. You could buy a voice modulator. Then you'd sound like a creepy heavy breather stalker guy. ;)
Heck I believe my sound card software comes with different modulation algorithms. That might be just for output though.

I like chat based so I can provide my own mood music' date=' personally.[/quote']

Chat-based is good, although I find it takes about twice as long to get things done as with voice. So when you're planning a session, estimate you'll get half as much done as compared to face-to-face.

I can usually get More done in chat-based. There is less "table talk" for one, and I find I don't have to go back over details, one can simply scroll up.

So obviously it's going to depend on the group. I plan to get twice as much done, and often hit the mark.

• 4 weeks later...