Few questions on Aportation

Llasnad

Was curious about Aportation, bought with Range, and if I could do things like teleport objects on someones person, like keys or a weapon either carried on their belt or in hand to me or teleport objects on to someone, such as a tracking bug into their pocket. What do you guys think?

Re: Few questions on Aportation

Was curious about Aportation' date=' bought with Range, and if I could do things like teleport objects on someones person, like keys or a weapon either carried on their belt or in hand to me or teleport objects on to someone, such as a tracking bug into their pocket. What do you guys think?[/quote']

That sounds like Telekinesis with Invisible Power Effects (invisible to sight, sound, and touch).

That doesnt fit the character concept, since even with the invisible advantage, the item in question is still going to float through the air instead of instantly disappearing from one place and reappearing another place. You can already use Aportation to teleport a whole person, or teleport inanimate objects around, I am just curious about using it on a smaller, more precise scale.

see multipower slot #4 below:

The Deliveryman

75 Deliveryman Powers: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Same Day Pickup & Delivery: Teleportation 15", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, x4 Increased Mass, x4 Noncombat, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 2) Next Day Ground: Teleportation 10", No Relative Velocity, x32 Noncombat, x4 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 3) Next Day Air: Teleportation 5", No Relative Velocity, x4 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 4) Special Pickup: Teleportation 10", Ranged (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), Usable As Attack (+1) (75 Active Points) - END=7

6u 5) Special Delivery: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; Whatever the material that is teleported into target; +1/4), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), No Normal Defense ([standard]; +1), Does BODY (+1) (75 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4) - END=7

6u 6) We'll Box It For You: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; Based on material used to create Entangle; -1/4) - END=7

7u 7) Let's Open That Package: Dispel 5d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; Any focus or physical manifestation based ability; +1/4), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Cumulative (+1/2), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4), all [special effect] powers simultaneously (+2) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 8) I'm Sorry, We Lost Your Package: Naked Advantage: Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) for up to 40 Active Points, Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1) (75 Active Points) - END=7

7u 9) Let's See If We Have That In Stock: Clairsentience (Sight Group), x64 Range (14,400"), Analyze, Discriminatory, Targeting, Tracking (75 Active Points) - END=7

25 Tracking Labels: Teleportation: Floating Fixed Location (5 Locations)

The first 3 slots are personal movement only and the differences between them is primarily the distance traveled.

Slots 4 & 5 are combat oriented. The one with UAA can be used to 'grab' nearly anything or anyone. The RKA represents literally teleporting something into something or someone else. Both the UAA and the NND still need to have a defense described.

Slot 7 is good against focus based characters

Slot 8 would allow the character to redirect someone else's power (like a teammate) of up to 40 active points at range and at any direction he chooses.

Slot 9 would allow the character to find something. (He could assign a "Tracking Label" to later teleport it).

Was curious about Aportation, bought with Range, and if I could do things like teleport objects on someones person, like keys or a weapon either carried on their belt or in hand to me

Teleportation used as an attack would work; depending on your GM's attitude you might need indirect to make it go to your hand from them.

Here it gets kind of neat: you can teleport objects to you, you'll need enough inches teleport to go from point A (the target) to point B (you). However, I built a "disarm" spell that has a mere 2" of teleport and a longer range: it doesn't teleport objects the full range, it just teleports the object out of their hand up to 2" distant.

But remember: grabbing an item is hard; it is smaller than a full target, and has a higher DCV based on size. If the target is unaware it's less of a problem, but if they're actively dodging it can be really tough. You'll want to have some extra levels.

or teleport objects on to someone, such as a tracking bug into their pocket. What do you guys think?

No problem, but I agree that fine manipulation is probably a valid thought, and again the OCV will be an issue. If you want them to not notice it you'll need invisible power effects.

Hyper-Man's "indirect on strength" idea would work well too for very short range, or stretching with invisible power effects and no connection.