Universe Sandbox

Nyrath

http://universesandbox.com/

Windows software, sort of a solar system simulator. Not directly useful to a campaign, but you can use it to make some killer eye-candy as campaign window dressing.

"...and now players, after you've hacked into the Imperial computers you see the following classified file {runs Universe Sandbox simulation their computer}. My goodness, it's a simulation of the MacGuffin System. Oh, no, what's happening to the planet orbits? Yikes, its a black hole! Now players, what are you going to do with this explosive information, hmmmm?"

Re: Universe Sandbox

http://universesandbox.com/

Windows software, sort of a solar system simulator. Not directly useful to a campaign, but you can use it to make some killer eye-candy as campaign window dressing.

"...and now players, after you've hacked into the Imperial computers you see the following classified file {runs Universe Sandbox simulation their computer}. My goodness, it's a simulation of the MacGuffin System. Oh, no, what's happening to the planet orbits? Yikes, its a black hole! Now players, what are you going to do with this explosive information, hmmmm?"

Wow, I remember playing with an early version of this software on my Mac SE way back in the day. Good to see that it is still around!

Tasha

Re: Universe Sandbox

Yeah this program is awesome. Though, it is a pain in the rear to actually design your own systems or anything - I was trying to figure out a good setup for a habitable world in a binary system for a writing idea I had and it was about 7 hours of watching my planet alternate between plunging into the sun or flying off into deep space :(