Does the Champions Universe have a Power Broker type?

Pattern Ghost

Re: Does the Champions Universe have a Power Broker type?

I think the closest you're going to find in the 5e CU is ARGENT, and until Profit and Purity comes out, we don't know a whole lot about them.

Teleios conceivably could, but it's a bit outside his MO. Same with Wayland Talos, who tends to deal in hardware.

VIPER has tried, for internal use, with mixed results. Their most successful researcher broke away and founded COIL.

The U.S. Government can (Perseus and Cyberline are currently in regular and repeated use), but that's well outside of what you're after.

I think the closest you're going to find in the 5e CU is ARGENT' date=' and until [i']Profit and Purity[/i] comes out, we don't know a whole lot about them.

There's certainly precedent for ARGENT granting cybernetic augmentation for a price, as they did with Interface. And while we don't know a lot of detail about ARGENT yet, we do know that they sell all manner of advanced tech and services.

Teleios conceivably could' date=' but it's a bit outside his MO.[/quote']

Not entirely. Teleios has granted a number of people superhuman powers when his plans or whims led him to do so. He gave powers to Flashover (now of the Justice Squadron) and her brother Hurricane, in exchange for unspecified "favors."

Moreover, one of Teleios's main sources of income is supplying genetic creations to villains or agencies, like his cloned soldiers or the monstrous Obelisque. It wouldn't be unreasonable for him to extend that service to augmenting people willing to pay handsomely enough.

Another possibility is Bastion Alpha Security, which uses a secret "Bastion Process" to physically augment its field personnel to low-superhuman levels... although this is only done for employees.

Not entirely. Teleios has granted a number of people superhuman powers when his plans or whims led him to do so. He gave powers to Flashover (now of the Justice Squadron) and her brother Hurricane, in exchange for unspecified "favors."

Moreover, one of Teleios's main sources of income is supplying genetic creations to villains or agencies, like his cloned soldiers or the monstrous Obelisque. It wouldn't be unreasonable for him to extend that service to augmenting people willing to pay handsomely enough.

So not so far outside his MO, then. Just not his core business.

Another possibility is Bastion Alpha Security, which uses a secret "Bastion Process" to physically augment its field personnel to low-superhuman levels... although this is only done for employees.

Interesting. Source? (i.e. "How did I miss this one?")