Help polish off my golem?

Naanomi

Here is my golem character... part of what several board people have helped me put together. Not 100% finished but close. Anyone care to give thoughts?

*EDITED FOR SUGGESTIONS AND CLARIFICATIONS*

The Golem

Player: Lorelei

Val Char Cost

45/60 STR 35

10 DEX 0

0 CON -20

20/21 BODY 20

5 INT -5

0 EGO 0

10 PRE 0

-1 COM -4

3/5 PD 0

0/2 ED 0

4 SPD 20

0 REC -18

0 END 0

5" RUN -2

0" SWIM -2

1"/4" LEAP -8

Characteristics Cost: 16

Cost Power

60 Automaton (Takes No STUN)

10 No Hit Locations

15 Does Not Bleed

75 Magic Resistance: Power Defense (25 points)

4 Hold things with Squishy Body: Extra Limb (1) (5 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)

15 Golem Body: Elemental Control, 30-point powers

13 1) Squishy Clay Body: Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2)

23 2) Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

10 3) I'm Heavy: Density Increase (2,200 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -2" KB), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (27 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

11 4) Still like a Statue: Invisibility to Hearing Group and Infrared Perception , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Chameleon (-1/2), Only When Not Attacking (-1/2)

7 I'm Big: Growth (+5 STR, +1 BODY, +1 STUN, -1" KB, 1,092 kg, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 3 m tall, 1 m wide), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (11 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

5 Hide things in Body: +5 with Concealment (10 Active Points); Only to Hide things in it's own body Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1)

22 Endless Strength: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points) applied to STR

Powers Cost: 270

Cost Skill

13 Concealment 15-

1 Acting 8-

1 Disguise 8-

3 Climbing 11-

2 KS: Jewish Law 11-

4 Language: Hebrew (idiomatic)

30 +10 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks

Skills Cost: 54

Cost Perk

10 Reputation: Protector of the Jewish People (A medium-sized group) 11-, +10/+10d6

Perks Cost: 10

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Distinctive Features: Strange Body (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Magical Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

20 Hunted: Isreali Military 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

10 Hunted: Jewish Community 11- (As Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Hunted: Muslim Extremist Groups 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

5 Hunted: Neo-Nazi Groups 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Enraged: Defiled Holy Sites/Unclean Spirits (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

10 Enraged: Being 'Killed' (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

20 Physical Limitation: Mute (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)

10 Social Limitation: Not Concidered Living (Occasionally, Major)

10 Psychological Limitation: Must follow Jewish Law (Common, Moderate)

10 Reputation: Jewish symbol of Vengeance, 14- (Known Only To A Small Group)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Help polish off my golem?

Well, if you want to make it like the legendary Prague golem. You could give it more in-depth invisibility(possibly to sight as well as hearing and infrared?). And it also had the ability to summon spirits with his master's walking stick. (though unless you had that master's walking stick, it probably wouldnt come up. ;) )

There are a variety of Golem powers from mythology I chose not to invoke... his hands don't heat up like a forge either. That staff is probably 'independent' anyways, anyone could use it.

I meant 'Is Considered Property' :/

I like the idea, I like the execution. Consider this nit-picking.

10 DEX 0

3 SPD 10

I know you have am image of the golem as lumbering and clumsy, but I think you'll regret leaving DEX at 10, SPD at 3.

5" RUN -2

0" SWIM -2

9"/12" LEAP 0

You want it to jump faster than it can run?

10 No Hit Locations

15 Does Not Bleed

In a normal Champions game, Hit Locations and Bleeding aren't used anyway.

Check with the guy (or is that goy?) running the game, these may be superfluous.

4 Extra Limb (1) (5 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)

I know what this means, but you might want to make it explicit on the sheet.

13 1) Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2)

What exactly are you doing here? Oozing through keyholes? I'm a bit confused.

11 4) Still like a Statue: Invisibility to Hearing Group and Infrared Perception , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Chameleon (-1/2), Only When Not Attacking (-1/2)

I'd change "Not Attacking" to "Not Moving" and make the Limitation larger.

22 Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points) applied to STR

Don't you need this on Running, too?

Oh, and shouldn't the Disads include "Mute?"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary reflects that if it can speak, one should get out of the way if it starts muttering "something ain't kosher here...."

There are a variety of Golem powers from mythology I chose not to invoke... his hands don't heat up like a forge either. That staff is probably 'independent' anyways, anyone could use it.

That's ok, I just wasnt sure how much you did or didnt know about the legends.

Note: And thanks I knew there was a 3rd that I couldnt remember, the hands heating up, how did I forget that.

i do have to mention with the staff if someone were to use it in a game. While I agree anybody could obtain, I do get the feeling not everybody would know how to use it. You'd probably have to have some extensive knowledge in Jewish magic to be able to use. Just saying.

Sorry. It looks like a solid build, and generally one of my strengths is catching minor grammar or consistency details in the background, Disads, etc. I personally feel that can make a big difference in the character sheet's final aesthetic appeal.

Just trying to help.

Sorry. It looks like a solid build, and generally one of my strengths is catching minor grammar or consistency details in the background, Disads, etc. I personally feel that can make a big difference in the character sheet's final aesthetic appeal.

Just trying to help.

So you have the Limitation: Grammar Nazi

*wonders if that is a psych or social lim*

:D

Background:

No one is sure if this is the 'historical' golem, or a separate entity. It was created sometime in the distant past by an unknown Rabbi.

As a strong Jewish symbol, his actions are monitored by the Jewish community (though generally looked on with high regard)... and it is an obvious target for neo-nazi and extremist Muslim attacks. The Israeli military considers the golem their ancestral property, and is taking efforts to reclaim the golem.

Programming:

1) Follow commands given over Clairvoyance

2) Hide yourself from humans when not following other commands

3) Defend assigned targets

4) Attack assigned targets

5) Act with basic human mannerisms

*) Attack unclean spirits or those defiling holy sites

*) Defend yourself against those who manage to disrupt your body

^) Follow Jewish Law, as much as it applies to a golem

Powers/Tactics:

The golem's massive clay body has a number of unique features. It has no discernible anatomy... it 'sees' but the physical eyes are not important in doing so, and so on. It's soft body can be forced around objects and attackers, holding them tight with as much strength as the golem normally has (which is substantial). The clay body is somewhat pliable, and can be forced out of handcuffs or around bars (given enough time), and can reform itself from any injury no matter how grievous. It cannot reform if it is immersed in salt water, or if the magic tag in it's mouth has been modified. The golem does not move unconsciously, and is totally silent when not moving... it also does not radiate heat, though if moving it will show up as a 'cold' spot to infrared vision. As an animated statue, the golem does not breathe, eat, sleep, exert energy to move, and is totally immune to all poisons and diseases.

The Golem, without instruction, will act as human and hide from humanity (underground, outskirts of town). If pressed into battle, he attacks basically: grab and crush anything your size or less, hit anything bigger than you, and throw stuff (or people) at things too far away from you to reach. If you are fighting more than one opponent, shove one into your body while you deal with other attackers.

The golem understands Hebrew, but cannot speak or read it.

Appearance:

The golem is a massive, crudely featured statue made of somewhat-wet clay. It generally disguises itself in basic clothing, though is not all that skilled in doing so. Height: 2.75m; Weight: 550kg

The Golem

Val Char Cost

45/60 STR 35

10 DEX 0

0 CON -20

20/21 BODY 20

5 INT -5

0 EGO 0

10 PRE 0

-1 COM -4

3/5 PD 0

0/2 ED 0

4 SPD 20

0 REC -18

0 END 0

5" RUN -2

0" SWIM -2

1"/4" LEAP -8

Characteristics Cost: 16

Cost Power

60 Automaton (Takes No STUN)

10 No Hit Locations

15 Does Not Bleed

75 Magic Resistance: Power Defense (25 points)

4 Hold things with Squishy Body: Extra Limb (1) (5 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)

15 Golem Body: Elemental Control, 30-point powers

13 1) Squishy Clay Body: Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2)

23 2) Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

10 3) I'm Heavy: Density Increase (2,200 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -2" KB), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (27 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

7 I'm Big: Growth (+5 STR, +1 BODY, +1 STUN, -1" KB, 1,092 kg, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 3 m tall, 1 m wide), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (11 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

5 Hide things in Body: +5 with Concealment (10 Active Points); Only to Hide things in it's own body Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1)

22 Endless Strength: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points) applied to STR

Powers Cost: 270

Cost Skill

13 Concealment 15-

1 Acting 8-

1 Disguise 8-

3 Climbing 11-

2 KS: Jewish Law 11-

4 Language: Hebrew (idiomatic)

30 +10 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks

Skills Cost: 54

Cost Perk

10 Reputation: Protector of the Jewish People (A medium-sized group) 11-, +10/+10d6

Perks Cost: 10

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Distinctive Features: Strange Body (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Magical Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

20 Hunted: Isreali Military 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

10 Hunted: Muslim Extremist Groups 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

5 Hunted: Neo-Nazi Groups 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Enraged: Defiled Holy Sites/Unclean Spirits (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

10 Enraged: Being 'Killed' (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

20 Physical Limitation: Mute (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)

10 Social Limitation: Not Concidered Living (Occasionally, Major)

30 Susceptibility: Modifying the Tag in Mouth, 3d6 damage per Segment (Uncommon)

The Character controlling the Golem: I went with grand-daughter of the rabbi for a number of reasons.

Mehwish Maharal

Player:

Val Char Cost

10 STR 0

17 DEX 21

13 CON 6

10 BODY 0

15 INT 5

15 EGO 10

10 PRE 0

14 COM 2

2 PD 0

3 ED 0

3 SPD 3

5 REC 0

26 END 0

22 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 47

Cost Power

21 Shared Senses: Clairsentience (Hearing Group And Normal Sight), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 6" per Phase), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4) (75 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2), Fixed Perception Point: Golem's Senses (-1)

16 Recall Golem Essence: Summon 200-point creatures, Specific Being (+1) (80 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Arrangement (-1/4), Gestures (Requires both hands; Complex; -3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Incantations (Complex; -1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the recipient of the benefits of the Power; -1/2)

5 Recreate Golem: Healing BODY 1 point, Resurrection (23 Active Points); Only on Golems Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (-1 1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; Complex; -3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Incantations (Complex; -1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2)

2 Meditative Trance: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) (3 Active Points); Linked (Shared Senses; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4)

8 Divine Favor: Luck 5d6 (25 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2)

5 Purify Golem: Major Transform 1d6+1 ('Golem or previous Golem' into 'New Golem') (20 Active Points); Limited Target ([Very Limited]; -1), Gestures (Requires both hands; Complex; -3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Incantations (Complex; -1/2)

80 The Golem: Duplication (creates 200-point form), Cannot Recombine (+0), Altered Duplicates (100%; +1) (80 Active Points)

Powers Cost: 137

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

2 Weapon Element: Blades, Clubs

4 Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 20 STR to Disarm

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 25 STR vs. Grabs

3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 20 STR for holding on

4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 4d6 Strike

3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 +v/5, Target Falls

Martial Arts Cost: 32

Cost Skill

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Concealment 12-

5 Defense Maneuver I-II

7 KS 16-

3 KS 12-

3 KS 12-

4 KS 13-

1 Language: Hebrew (imitate dialects) (5 Active Points)

3 Language: English (completely fluent)

5 Language: Yiddish (imitate dialects)

2 Language: Arabic (fluent conversation)

2 KS 11-

7 PS: Pottery 16-

3 Shadowing 12-

5 Stealth 13-

2 Survival (Desert) 12-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 12-

3 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles

6 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Small Arms, Garrote, Homemade Weapons, Thrown Rocks

Skills Cost: 76

Cost Perk

24 Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (24 Active Points) 11-

2 Fringe Benefit: Passport, Right Of Shelter

20 Vehicles & Bases

12 Vehicles & Bases

Perks Cost: 58

Pts. Disadvantage

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

5 Enraged: Anti-Semetism (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

10 Social Limitation: Minority - Israeli/Middle Eastern (Very Frequently, Minor, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

5 Social Limitation: Harmful Secret: Military History (Occasionally, Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Full Time Student (Very Frequently, Minor)

10 Dependence: Must cleanse before using powers Powers Gain 14- Activation Roll (Common, 1 Hour)

5 Physical Limitation: Needs glasses for 'discerning sight' (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

25 Psychological Limitation: Must follow Jewish law (Very Common, Total)

5 Distinctive Features: Middle Eastern (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

15 Hunted: Zionist Kabbalists 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Hunted: US Department of Defense 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic, Grandfather's Kaballah Apprentice, Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

0 Dependent NPC: Kabbalist Grandfather 11- (As powerful as the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

And the Secret Base in the Synagogue Library/Rabbi Quarters.

Val Char Cost

10 BODY 8

Cost Power

5 Security System: Elemental Control, 24-point powers, (12 Active Points); all slots IIF Immobile (-1 1/4)

21 1) Hidden Security Cameras: Retrocognitive Clairvoyance (Sight Group And Normal Hearing), 64 Perception Points, Discriminatory (80 Active Points); IIF Immobile (-1 1/4), Fixed Perception Point (-1)

9 2) Basic Security System: Summon 4 50-point Police Officer, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Trigger: Motion Sensors (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; +1/4), Loyal (+1/2) (40 Active Points); IIF Immobile (-1 1/4), Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2)

12 Security System: Independent Battery: Endurance Reserve (20 END, 11 REC) Reserve: (13 Active Points); IIF Immobile (-1 1/4)

2 Jewish Theology: +5 with KS (5 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2)

2 Jewish History: +5 with KS (5 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2)

7 Kaballah: +20 with KS (20 Active Points); OAF Immobile (-2)

2 Well stocked pantry: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per year)

Powers Cost: 60

Cost Skill

25 Disguise 20-

Skills Cost: 25

Pts. Disadvantage

40 Dependent NPC: Staff and Parishioners of Synagogue 14- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x16 DNPCs)

10 Hunted: Anti-Semites 8- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0