6E Cool Stuff Shout-Outs

mattingly

Re: 6E Cool Stuff Shout-Outs

Rearranging the basic to-hit formula.

Probably the smallest change between 5th and 6th. But an improvement that will only increase in value as the continuous hours of playing mount up and a few beers are consumed.

Anyone who's see a game grind to a halt at 3am in the morning as the group, which includes several maths graduates, struggle to figure out what's needed to hit DCV 9 will know exactly what I mean.

Rearranging the basic to-hit formula.

Probably the smallest change between 5th and 6th. But an improvement that will only increase in value as the continuous hours of playing mount up and a few beers are consumed.

Anyone who's see a game grind to a halt at 3am in the morning as the group, which includes several maths graduates, struggle to figure out what's needed to hit DCV 9 will know exactly what I mean.

An even smaller change when you realize that the new arrangement for the formula was in 5er too. :)

But now it's the main formula in big type. I cheered.

Whereas it is often the actual version of the formula that I use, I think there is something of a loss by not presenting the main formula as:

11 + Your OCV - Their DCV = Roll Needed

or something similar. Because while I agree that this expression of the "to hit" equation is not the easiest to work with directly in play, I do think it is the form that best expresses the game design logic behind it.

Amazing – I never thought I would be that impressed by the artwork in a Hero book!

Also, very good layout and presentation. Utilitarian.:thumbup:

Loved the very clear sections on “what to pay points for” in both 6E1 and 6E2!

Expanded sections on PRE Attacks!

All in all...:celebrate

Sucker Attacks (6E2 128).

Cool. :)

Heroic Action points

(and the Genre Book implications)

I dared barely hope for it but it happened – much clearer than in Pulp Hero, too!

Unified Power is so much cooler and simpler than Elemental Control. It's worth having lost Figured Characteristics over.

Heck, if you want to, you can use Unified power to recreate figured characteristics!

Yeah, it's a stroke of genius!

Megascale. Improved immeasurably.

Much needed!

Whereas it is often the actual version of the formula that I use, I think there is something of a loss by not presenting the main formula as:

or something similar. Because while I agree that this expression of the "to hit" equation is not the easiest to work with directly in play, I do think it is the form that best expresses the game design logic behind it.

Ooo, I read through much of the discussion behind this under the 6E threads...

Actually, quite a few of the “Bash Hero!” threads on rpg.net seemed to have a big issue with this as well... something to do with the D&D formula. I guess d20ers will now like Hero better? Or not. :hush:

All in all, Steve Long is :king:

I strongly favour the attacker announcing the DCV hit, as I do not tell my players the DCV of their opponents.