So, Sixth Edition, has anyone reviewed it yet?

starblaze

Re: So, Sixth Edition, has anyone reviewed it yet?

H6e is really really good, not perfect (in a lot of ways it didn't go far enough along the path it started down) but better that H5er and any of the bits from previous editions that you like better are still usable as house-rules, it just means you have more options to choose from -- more tools for your gaming toolkit -- and many of the new rules are very good and with the impending Advanced book even more gaming goodness will soon be available...

I'm still trying to absorb the implications of all the changes but I wouldn't go back to 5th ed. after seeing this wonderful new edition!

From what I have read so far...I agree with the above comments. I think the biggest boon is that many of the rules have been cleared up. I don't know how long it took me to distill two weapon fighting and all the sweep, rapid fire maneuvers. Now it is clear and simple.

I have not yet built a character with this system. (my designer subscription lapsed at the end of July!). My next game (i hope) is a semi-realistic post-apoc game and I may actually keep the stat system from the 5th but incorporate rules from the 6th, since the stat changes do not affect low level characters as much. I may impose a lower NCM. Dunno yet.

So my question is: is it easier to use' date=' about the same, or more complex than H5e?[/quote']

From my read though, It is MUCH easier to use. It is better laid out (Good job Fred!) and the rules are clearer. Also the type is a smidge bigger for us old nearsighted folk!

Also the type is a smidge bigger for us old nearsighted folk!

Actually, the body of the text is the exact same font and size as in our 5E books. Perhaps the new layout style just makes it "pop" a bit more for you. As long as it's easier for you to read, we'll call that a "win" regardless of the reason. ;)