Assistance with CO needed.

GeneralVengeane

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Champions online, which I'm new to the whole MMO thing. So I am have some difficulties getting the game to work properly and any assistance would be appreciated.

- I have installed the game.

- I have an account at Champions Online.

After logging in with my password, I see a brief message at the bottom which says.

No Shards Found: You have a ticket with 0 permission pairs. but no shards were found.

Huh, what does that mean in english? :confused:

I have heard that I am not only to buy the game which I did, but now I need to select a payment option, only then can I access the game. The options are all ongoing. I'm not sure I really want to give this game my credit card number, since I was hoping to use my "30 free trial" first, before committing myself to a game I may not like.

Is there a step by step tutorial anywhere? The 8 page manual this game provided didn't really help at all. I've checked their so called technical support manual, and it doesn't really provide any detail on how to actually start the game.

A simple "Start Button" would suffice for me.

Hopefully someone with far more experience with these types of games can provide me with some insight, perhaps I'm overlooking something very basic, but as stated prior, I've never played an MMO prior, so yes I'm a noob.

Re: Assistance with CO needed.

Generally when you set up a MMO you have to select a payment option in case you desire to continue playing past the included 30 days. The longer an amount you sign up for, the greater the discount. You will have to select any of those options and provide a payment option (CC number in this case).

You can cancel or change the subscription type at any time, but you must provide something to get started.

Then when your account is active, you will log in and be recognized by the server. Now the game will patch itself. The shards refer to the instances of the world you are logging into. As people load into the game, the game creates extra copies of each area to keep the population from getting too high. You can switch to any shard/copy you desire at any time to group with friends.

Now the patching will take some time. We've had several since release. Once completely up to date, the game will have a Start button on it.

Also' date=' it's normal that your 'free 30 days' is your second month. You need to usually pay for the first month, and when you pay for that first month you get two months for the price.[/quote']

Really? When my friends forced me to play WoW the first month was free. Also, on the CO boards several people have talked about the free trial and how it starts counting down from the first time they logged on (I wouldn't know, I have the lifetime sub). What games have made you pay for a month first?

Really? When my friends forced me to play WoW the first month was free. Also' date=' on the CO boards several people have talked about the free trial and how it starts counting down from the first time they logged on (I wouldn't know, I have the lifetime sub). What games have made you pay for a month first?[/quote']

Everquest, City of Heroes and Ultima Online, specifically.

Everquest' date=' City of Heroes and Ultima Online, specifically.[/quote']

I've played both EQ and CoH on release. First month was free with purchase of game for CoH, and it has been a while but i think EQ was the same.

Is there an option to say in CO that you'll be paying by prepaid cards? I have the lifetime membership so don't recall.

Also you may wish to see if yor credit card company issues one-time use numers for online purchases.

I think I stopped playing EQ around the time Kunark came out, what with those Iksar being better monks than the humans because of their innate abilities. Not that I remember what they are now...

All of the MMO's I'm familiar with and have played have given you the first month free, then charged you for subsequent months if you didn't tell them otherwise. Of course this also required you to put in credit card information prior to being able to log in at all...

Preference for pre-paid card (generally for online identity theft issues) is becoming more common, which is why IMO there should be an opt-out for dealing with payment when free time is used up, if there isn't already.

• 1 month later...