Animate Object Via Ttelekinisis

trollinabox

Sure thing! I'll run it down, excluding elements that no longer fit with the revised HERO System:

"Animate Object" is a -1/2 Limitation on Telekinesis. The character must make a Ranged Attack with TK against the object he wants to Animate. Once animated the object may use STR up to 5x the total DEF + BODY of the object. It uses the OCV of the character modified by its range from the character. If the object has more DEF + BODY than TK STR/5, the object won't move, but the character will still have expended END for the attack.

The ability of the object to move and do work is based on its shape. It can do Fine Work if its shape is appropriate. Unless the object is attached to something, it can move 1" for every point of TK not used to animate it. The DCV of Animated Objects is based on Size modifiers only.

Originally posted by Steve Long

I'd suggest instead the Animate Object ability on USPD 139, but that's just me. ;)

For copyright reasons, I won't post any details on USPD. Steve can add details if he wants. His game, his book, his rules.

I seem to recall that the "animate objects -1/2 limit was in an old 2e or 3e book. At that time, this was the only viable approach under the rules. Changes and additions since 3e make the USPD power possible, and I think it is the better approach. It is also VERY creative, IMO, yet clearly the right way to approach this power, which is another reason I think it would be inappropriate to post the mechanics here.

Steve, I was a naysayer on USPD, and have not thoroughly read the book. Having played Hero since Champions 1st ED, I figured "I can make my own powers". But looking at this, and the index of every power in the book (including "Animate Object"), I am a much bigger fan of this product and will buy sequels without hesitation.

USPD

UNTIL SUPER POWERS DATABASE

It is a big book with about three hundred sample powers and about three thousand power variations.

Well worth the cost. You can buy it from flags or order it from FRPgames.com which comes to aboute the same cast as flags after S&H. I have a crappy flags that is anti HERO so I order online and get the books quickly. But when I was in Spokane I ordered from Gattaway Games and the nice people there always hooked me up. So it all depends on were you live.

Understand

NP i undestand the copy right thing and no that i know what the USPD is ill have to ask my game store if they got it.

Looks like im going to spend a lot of money on new books.

oh well... i dont have to pay rent or utils. Now if i can just get my wife to be a better gammer

but maily i wanted the old power listing .

sigh, i used to have all the books.

and lastly that was one heck of a fast reply thasnks

Steve, I was a naysayer on USPD, and have not thoroughly read the book. Having played Hero since Champions 1st ED, I figured "I can make my own powers". But looking at this, and the index of every power in the book (including "Animate Object"), I am a much bigger fan of this product and will buy sequels without hesitation.

Glad to hear it! ;) You sound very much like Art Director Andy, who thought it was a poor idea for a book and completely contrary to what a Hero product should be. After seeing the relatively strong sales on the book and how much use people (even experienced players such as yourself), he now jokingly tells us not to take his product idea advice anymore. ;)

It is a big book with about three hundred sample powers and about three thousand power variations.

To be precise ;) , it has 750 powers, each with an average of 4-5 options for a total of about 3,300 powers or so. Some powers have no options, and the high is I think something like 17.

Looks like im going to spend a lot of money on new books.

Well, we certainly hope so! :) I won't post the whole write-up here, but I will say that it's built with Summon. First taste is free. ;)

Originally posted by Steve Long

Glad to hear it! ;) You sound very much like Art Director Andy, who thought it was a poor idea for a book and completely contrary to what a Hero product should be. After seeing the relatively strong sales on the book and how much use people (even experienced players such as yourself), he now jokingly tells us not to take his product idea advice anymore. ;)

No matter how good your skill, an 18 always misses - 1 chance in 216, but it happens! :(

• 4 weeks later...