garrote

blackkatt

Re: garrote

If it's something doable a few metres out (as, I presume, a yo-yo would be) then RKA, OAF, NND (defence is having some sort of armour on your neck) would probably be the way to go. Continuous is good if you want to keep dealing damage phase after phase without rerolling to hit (I'd guess you do, and it fits the idea). You'd need some sort of limitation to indicate that you can't use the yo-yo while doing this, though. Lockout would work nicely, especially if you have all your yo-yo attacks/tricks in a multipower.

If it's something doable a few metres out (as' date=' I presume, a yo-yo would be) then RKA, OAF, NND (defence is having some sort of armour on your neck) would probably be the way to go. Continuous is good if you want to keep dealing damage phase after phase without rerolling to hit (I'd guess you do, and it fits the idea). You'd need some sort of limitation to indicate that you can't use the yo-yo while doing this, though. Lockout would work nicely, especially if you have all your yo-yo attacks/tricks in a multipower.[/quote']

Yeah, I posted a Yo yo character here about one million years ago....and I recall I used a Multi-power with Lock out....

You can also use Yo-Fu! and use the string as Streaching with a lim or two....

I'd suggest that any 'equipment' like that would function primarily to make keeping hold of the target's neck that much easier and possibly allowing you to apply more pressure, so...that looks a lot like...

Garotte: +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only useable with a grab to the neck when applied from behind; -1) 15 active 5 real

Unfortunately that doesn't work so well with a choke hold as (IIRC) you don't add STR to a choke hold, unless 6e MA changes that. You still get the advantage of being able to hold on better though :)

I'd suggest that any 'equipment' like that would function primarily to make keeping hold of the target's neck that much easier and possibly allowing you to apply more pressure, so...that looks a lot like...

Garotte: +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only useable with a grab to the neck when applied from behind; -1) 15 active 5 real

Unfortunately that doesn't work so well with a choke hold as (IIRC) you don't add STR to a choke hold, unless 6e MA changes that. You still get the advantage of being able to hold on better though :)

Choke is an optional combat maneuver in 6E now, with their being an improved Martial version (Choke Hold). While Str does not add to the damage of Choke, it does help to maintain the Grab from phase to phase.

Of course, depending on the materiel it's made of a garrote is potentially much deadlier than an unarmed choke hold.

True - if you have a pianowire you can actually saw through the neck, so a KA would be appropriate, but generally a garotte (interestingly, garotte, garrotte and garrote are all correct spellings!) simply makes choking someone easier or more effective. Good call on the new 'choke maneouvre' by the way - I had a quick look at the damage adding rules and it is not clear to me if STR can add to the NND damage. I'm thinking probably not, but if you treat it as an advantaged HA then it might. Maybe. Probably not though.